List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

He was going to school in Adelaide when he was drafted - when did he leave WA?
To advance his career his mum made the decision to send him from WA over to Adelaide to live with her brother, Byron.
Pickett’s mother died last year in the WA country town of Quairading, where the he was raised.

To advance his career his mum made the decision to send him from WA over to Adelaide to live with her brother, Byron.
Pickett’s mother died last year in the WA country town of Quairading, where the he was raised.
I was aware broadly of the story. I thought you might have known how old he was when he came across. I thought he had been here a few years before being drafted.

I was aware broadly of the story. I thought you might have known how old he was when he came across. I thought he had been here a few years before being drafted.
His Pop was his football mentor, when he was 16 his Pop became vey ill.
To advance his AFL future, his mother then made the decision to him over to Adelaide to live with his uncle Byron (her brother).

His Pop died the next year and sadly, his “old mum” Rebecca passed last year.

We’d have to be banking on the AFL changing the rules regarding trading multiple years of first rounders to get him over.
Either that or not a chance. We don't have the currency, and I'm not willing to go and get it trading out a Georgiades, Duursma or Bergman.

I'd like to cut McKenzie, but we need some KPD's and getting rid of Jonas is a higher priority. 1 year only.
Yeah, no way you can get rid of both unless you know we've got 2 coming in someway or a kid has replaced one earlier on...

We’d have to be banking on the AFL changing the rules regarding trading multiple years of first rounders to get him over.
The AFL can make exceptions to that rule, it's happened before. Usually when a club is trading for a young player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either that or not a chance. We don't have the currency, and I'm not willing to go and get it trading out a Georgiades, Duursma or Bergman.
Lol. Georgiades maybe, but any reasonable person would trade out Duursma or Bergman for Kossie Pickett in a second. Kossie is already an elite small forward, Duursma and Bergman aren't even locks in the 22.

Different rule. JHF was trading out R1 and R2 in the same draft. Kozzie would hypothetically be related to not using R1s over a period of time.

Unfortunately the Ladhams/Sinn pick upgrade of 2021 may come back to bite.

What’s the rule? 2 first round picks in a rolling 4 years? So by my calculations-

2021- Sinn (pick 12)
2022 - no 1st round picks
2023 - no 1st round picks
2024 - Port hold a pick, but will need to use it, unless they can get an exemption. But I am not sure how that will go, especially after last year’s media storm over JHF (different rule, I know).

Otherwise, Bergman for Pickett + pick swaps? Prefer to keep Bergman though .

Unfortunately the Ladhams/Sinn pick upgrade of 2021 may come back to bite.

What’s the rule? 2 first round picks in a rolling 4 years? So by my calculations-

2021- Sinn (pick 12)
2022 - no 1st round picks
2023 - no 1st round picks
2024 - Port hold a pick, but will need to use it, unless they can get an exemption. But I am not sure how that will go, especially after last year’s media storm over JHF (different rule, I know).

Otherwise, Bergman for Pickett + pick swaps? Prefer to keep Bergman though .
LOL as the Dees aren't that stupid.

Lol. Georgiades maybe, but any reasonable person would trade out Duursma or Bergman for Kossie Pickett in a second. Kossie is already an elite small forward, Duursma and Bergman aren't even locks in the 22.
It's not Playstation. You can't force players to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back