List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

We have neither the draft picks or salary cap space unlike the croms.

100% have got the salary cap room for an A Grader to join this off season - you can take that to the bank.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this but what Pickett would cost to get here we would never get adequate compensation because he doesn't get enough of the ball.

If he was desperate to come here then maybe.

Somebody please try Finlayson on the left wing before trading in someone on significant coin/draft capital. He has all the attributes of a modern winger who can go forward and kick goals.

Bergman goes back to defense.

We are not getting Kozzie. We need to deal with that. We need to look elsewhere if we are looking to trade in a small forward.

Somebody please try Finlayson on the left wing before trading in someone on significant coin/draft capital. He has all the attributes of a modern winger who can go forward and kick goals.

We are not getting Kozzie. We need to deal with that. We need to look elsewhere if we are looking to trade in a small forward.

We have an issue that we are a bit tall all over the place. That said I'd rather give Finlayson a run down the ground than Mitch Georgiades.

I know a lot of people will disagree with this but what Pickett would cost to get here we would never get adequate compensation because he doesn't get enough of the ball.

If he was desperate to come here then maybe.
Yeah, he would be costly and he seems happy at Melbourne but you aren't getting Pickett for possessions, you are getting Pickett to finish in front of goals, be a match winner and potential to go into the midfield.

Yeah, he would be costly and he seems happy at Melbourne but you aren't getting Pickett for possessions, you are getting Pickett to finish in front of goals, be a match winner and potential to go into the midfield.
And to be suspended… Pickett is a good player, but I agree, he would be very costly.

A player of Picketts quality will cost multiple firsts or picks and first 22 /future first 22 players. So who would you give up?

They don’t need mids but I can see them asking for Lord plus picks.

Port already has 1 small forward (who is actually a smart player) who can’t play anywhere else. Pickett is not a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And to be suspended… Pickett is a good player, but I agree, he would be very costly.

A player of Picketts quality will cost multiple firsts or picks and first 22 /future first 22 players. So who would you give up?

Port already has 1 small forward (who is actually a smart player) who can’t play anywhere else. Pickett is not a need.
Agree with this. I think our need for a small forward is more in the Chandler, Neal-Bullen, Cunningham mould - hard running link man who can win the ball, distribute inside f50 and defend / apply pressure all over the ground.

Last edited:
Agree with this. I think our need for a small forward is more in the Chandler, Neal-Bullen, Cunningham mould - hard running link man who can win the ball, distribute inside f50 and defend / apply pressure all over the ground.
Couldn't disagree more, Pickett is classes above the 3 you mentioned in terms of everything, those 3 aren't much better than mcentee.

Pickett can turn a game in 10 mins, he's exactly want we need up forward, imagine him and rioli working together when the ball hit the ground..

I like this idea. He is quite mobile. He could take a mark down the line but he generally likes to move his opponent under the ball and play on so would help with our speed of play and as you say he does kick goals.

We don't have a lot of needs for the list and for the 23 but a guy to take Jed's spot would be a definite upgrade closing in on a borderline need.

Couldn't disagree more, Pickett is classes above the 3 you mentioned in terms of everything, those 3 aren't much better than mcentee.

Pickett can turn a game in 10 mins, he's exactly want we need up forward, imagine him and rioli working together when the ball hit the ground..
Yeah, Pickett is a match winner at the small forward position. He beat us by himself in that game a couple of years ago in Alice Springs. Last week he actually started the game at the centre bounce so he is getting reps in there and they must think highly of him.

But yeah, he would be worth a fair whack in return.

We have most of the major roles covered. Sure some could be upgraded, but they are good enough with the right coaching.

I think our biggest needs are a goal kicking medium sized forward and a classy wingman. Add these both in and we can dramatically improve our forward efficiency.

Imagine having someone like Wanganeen-Milera running the lines and delivering the ball inside 50. Compared to him the lack of class on our wings is obvious.

Then someone lime Bailey Fritsch finishing inside 50. We don't have anyone who can kick goals so reliably from so few opportunities.

After that it is probably a genuine lock down small defender. But I'm not sure this is a need though as modern football is more suited to hybrid defenders due to teams ability to manipulate the match ups and exploit small defenders.

I feel like we probably have the wingman on our list, we just for some reason refuse to play them there.

Surely we could afford to move one of Houston, Farrell or Burton up to the wing and bring in another half back like Williams?

I'm not sure who we could target as that medium forward but I'd be open to throwing all our warchest at a Phillipou/Day type.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pickett is a complete pipe dream. You may as well say we should go after Jeremy Cameron or Bont.

We have most of the major roles covered. Sure some could be upgraded, but they are good enough with the right coaching.

I think our biggest needs are a goal kicking medium sized forward and a classy wingman. Add these both in and we can dramatically improve our forward efficiency.

Imagine having someone like Wanganeen-Milera running the lines and delivering the ball inside 50. Compared to him the lack of class on our wings is obvious.

Then someone lime Bailey Fritsch finishing inside 50. We don't have anyone who can kick goals so reliably from so few opportunities.

After that it is probably a genuine lock down small defender. But I'm not sure this is a need though as modern football is more suited to hybrid defenders due to teams ability to manipulate the match ups and exploit small defenders.

I feel like we probably have the wingman on our list, we just for some reason refuse to play them there.

Surely we could afford to move one of Houston, Farrell or Burton up to the wing and bring in another half back like Williams?

I'm not sure who we could target as that medium forward but I'd be open to throwing all our warchest at a Phillipou/Day type.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah, that' s pretty much how I generally see it.

A good KPF who can excel as the second ruck would be nice but we have enough and players coming on.

It will be the coaching that determines our fate this year and we will see if we are able to not get exploited in matchups and basic tactics.

whys he a pipe dream.

Adelaide lad, played in the port, with port connections.
Recently signed a four year deal to remain at the Dees until the end of 2027.

Best case you might have a chance to get him at end of ‘26 if he tells Melb he wants out. Even then I think Melb back themselves in to keep him like they have done with Petty.

I’m sure we’re putting the work in incase he does ask but it’s not a 24-25 list management priority.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back