List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaeger is also similar to Mitchell only he gets it less and often gets tackled trying to fend off. He’d be the one I’d look to move on from himself Mitchell and Worpel.

For me JOM is more dangerous with his possessions than Tom. I don't mind the fend off, the fact people have got it in their craw because he gets caught out every now and then is silly. Players have 'tricks' they think work for them, and others fail just as often or more with theirs.
Jaeger absolutely plays with a fire and twinkle that I reckon inspires his teammates and they LOVE to get around him.
He's the next captain for mine.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade out a couple of people this year. With a couple more next year. We are probably looking at some short term pain for some long term gain.

If Tom is on the trading block, I’m sure we will have our asking price. Wether or not we get our price or we decide that we are better off keeping him is currently unknown. The same with others on the list, that the club may feel may not be apart of our next premiership.

its no different to free agents deciding to move on, they are looking for their needs that suit them best.

The days of clubs being loyal to players and players being loyal to clubs is long gone.
I agree some what, some players are loyal still.

Jaeger is also similar to Mitchell only he gets it less and often gets tackled trying to fend off. He’d be the one I’d look to move on from himself Mitchell and Worpel. He’s likely got the least amount of years left in him as well.

No club would offer a first rounder for Jaeger though. They might for Mitchell.

I would rather being leading to a Titch pass than O’Meara, since when has O’Meara been a good kick, rather Titch lining up 40-50 metres out than O’Meara

Let’s hope O’Meara can consistently bring he’s A game next year instead of once every 3 weeks

I would be keeping both, rather see Shiels out of the midfield

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rogers and Rogersons?
Haha I was taking the piss. Received an email yesterday with the she/her signoff and was staggered it has come to this. Was pointing out you had missed a category for your future benefit!!

Not sure if this has some sarcasm? No one pays first round for leadership (otherwise we would have got better picks for Lewis and Mitchell). And not sure JOMs leadership is worth paying for.

Not sarcasm. A few here rate his leadership very highly. I don't, but I respect that others see things I don't. For those that do espouse he's a future captain, not unreasonable to discuss a draft value on that quality.

Not sarcasm. A few here rate his leadership very highly. I don't, but I respect that others see things I don't. For those that do espouse he's a future captain, not unreasonable to discuss a draft value on that quality.

teams will draft players higher in the order over comparably skilled players due to their leadership attributes. its 100% something that's taken into account by list managers

teams will draft players higher in the order over comparably skilled players due to their leadership attributes. its 100% something that's taken into account by list managers
No doubt. The reason we took Hodge was his perceived leadership. That cost us Croad and McPharlin. I am not saying leadership does not exist. I am saying what's O'Meara's worth.

No doubt. The reason we took Hodge was his perceived leadership. That cost us Croad and McPharlin. I am not saying leadership does not exist. I am saying what's O'Meara's worth.

i think i agree with you that you could argue a late first and possibly get it from somehwere, like GC (as if he'd ever go back to that shithole though lol). A player is worth whatever a club is willing to give up for him. So, if as you say, a club really valued midfield leadership, he'd be worth more to them than say, a club that is fine in that regard.

Not sure if this has some sarcasm? No one pays first round for leadership (otherwise we would have got better picks for Lewis and Mitchell). And not sure JOMs leadership is worth paying for.

Sammy was 34 and Jordy was 30 and both were un-contracted. Jordy was only offered 1 year by us and chose to take 3 with Melb.

Tom is 28 and contracted.

Fair enough. However If a club is looking for leadership there are cheaper options (eg Brisbane getting hodge or shiels as a current example) - get a 30+ year old for basically nothing. Yes examples in draft of it being factored in but can’t recall it for trades (esp for guys who will be 28 by next season) was the point. But I may be wrong. Is also interesting that doesn’t come up in discussions on Tom Mitchell - who’s also a VC.

I'll stick my neck out and risk looking the fool.
I reckon Jai will be far more damaging with 30% fewer disposals than Titch is, providing he has free reign on the ball.
Watching games, when Tom wins first use his kick is more often than not fairly ordinary. His handballs often go to players flat footed and sitting defensive side of the 'circle', and they in turn don't have much time to be overly creative. Some of that is that those other mids are also not electric in first gear to create clear space. One thing is irrefutable. They have very little chemistry as a group.
Tom simply doesn't do a very good of drawing the defender to put a team mate in open and attacking space. Of course not all the time, but mostly. And out of the backline he just hacks it upfield because he can't run quickly enough to give himself room and won't risk getting tackled for loss.

Jai in just the few games at senior level looks a much more effective user in creating advantage. Also more explosive.
I believe he will be an absolute gun. As in star.

Feel free to bring this up in a couple years if what I've said is foolish.
I'm pretty confident.

If Tom doesn't end up elsewhere, I have no idea how the development of Jai will be affected, but either way I reckon he's the future along with some others.
Can we remember he is just 19 and came into the AFL team with no pre season and is an absolute beast, can’t wait to see him develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back