List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, correct.

4 senior list spots
1 category B rookie
0 rookie list spots
Can’t imagine that we won’t take at least 2 rookie spots, so we will have to make some space, because I think we will most likely take 4 picks in the draft too.

Can’t imagine that we won’t take at least 2 rookie spots, so we will have to make some space, because I think we will most likely take 4 picks in the draft too.
There has been a lot of toing and froing on Bigfooty where all the big decisions are made.
But in the end we just have to let people go. Our trajectory from here is up and we need to keep improving from the bottom up.

If Howe departs for anything less than a pick in the low 20s I’ll be miffed. Being that it’s Sydney he’s linked to and they only have pick 12 and 31 I really don’t love the idea of it.

If Howe departs for anything less than a pick in the low 20s I’ll be miffed. Being that it’s Sydney he’s linked to and they only have pick 12 and 31 I really don’t love the idea of it.
They will have Adelaides 2nd rounder for Dawson also. If swans offer that pick for Howe I can’t see the club saying no. Three early 20s picks gives us so many options in terms of Turing into future picks, pick upgrades etc…

Last edited:

Remember that Geelong game where he centred the ball and it was intercepted? I think Hawthorn supporters would have taken a fourth round pick and some scented candles from Kmart's 'Home Decor' range that day. 😂

Remember that Geelong game where he centred the ball and it was intercepted? I think Hawthorn supporters would have taken a fourth round pick and some scented candles from Kmart's 'Home Decor' range that day. 😂

I try to forget that game haha. I’m hoping any interested club looks at his body of work in 2021 and not that game!

To be fair there would be some within our threads that would trade 1st rounder for a scented candle with Tom Mitchell thrown in as steak knives

I think TOB has perhaps a little more scope than Shoey - his confidence is growing but at a snail's pace. If he were to hold onto 3-4 more marks each game he'd be a more permanent fixture in our side.

Surely in the pre-season someone just takes him into a small room and nails the footy at him non stop for an hour or so each day. God even back when I was playing Under 16's, I had TOB hands. My coach literally stood there stabbing a waterlogged burley at me after training a few times for a good 30-40 minutes to make me better at quick grabs. Few chipped teeth and concussions later I improved slightly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought post re-signing parker the AFL $wans were deemed to have a bit of a cap challenge?

Jeez that would be a massive list overhaul in 1.5 off seasons if it does happen.

Out: Burgoyne, Patton, Scully, Hartley, Greaves, Cousins, Brooksby, Hanrahan, Howe, O'Brien
In: Bramble, Callow, Newcombe, ....

Very excited to see what our list looks like after the draft.
yes. And adding to the 13 list changes from last year. It has been an enourmous change in the last 2 years.

and was sorely needed.

How many rookies do we promote to the senior list, ya think?
You would think if we have 7 spots we will use 6. Move a couple on to the main list. Given how well Bramble and Newcombe have got you would like at least 1 free spot on your list, given how interrupted the season has been for many. You might be able to find another one

Last edited:
I thought post re-signing parker the AFL $wans were deemed to have a bit of a cap challenge?

If that's the case (and we've all heard it) then I hope it's where we can get creative, paying a portion of Howe's salary for a better pick coming back our way. Perhaps we get their 12 and give Howe and a pick back.

If that's the case (and we've all heard it) then I hope it's where we can get creative, paying a portion of Howe's salary for a better pick coming back our way. Perhaps we get their 12 and give Howe and a pick back.
Howe is out of contract isn't he? You can't pay part of the contract if they are already out of contract

They’re not going to give up pick 12 for Howe, no matter what we offer as a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back