List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is quick & has a wicked side-step, but his game (at AFL level)
The core strength and size has such an impact at AFL level, elite midfielders/defenders are just incredibly strong, and they are only getting larger - not to so he doesn’t have what it takes but he would need to make some significant leaps, otherwise he will only be a small forward and the defenders will pick up on his tricks

If Mitchell is really going to have a say in recruiting from this point forward then I expect we will make some moves.
Especially if he has the backing it the board to do a ground up build through the draft. I don’t think he will scrap all the senior players though. But I expect a fist full of picks at the next draft.

If Mitchell is really going to have a say in recruiting from this point forward then I expect we will make some moves.
Can't see him having much loyalty to the blokes who came over from other clubs when he, Lewis etc were given the flick and who have led us to 17th on the ladder. Reckon those guys more likely to be in the gun than his couple remaining premiership teammates (and rightly so).

Especially if he has the backing it the board to do a ground up build through the draft. I don’t think he will scrap all the senior players though. But I expect a fist full of picks at the next draft.
Depends on his appraisal of the current list, really.

He might see something in players we don't, and vice versa.

I expect a reasonable exodus and influx, but maybe not as many as others, seeing as we have added 8 to the squad last year.

Burgoyne, Brooksby, Hartley, gone

Greaves, Cousins, Hanrahan, Nash, Ceglar and Howe trades mooted - maybe only 2 of these? maybe 3?

I wouldn't be surprised to see 6 outs, and 5 ins (as we are over-allotted by one, atm)

Can't see him having much loyalty to the blokes who came over from other clubs when he, Lewis etc were given the flick and who have led us to 17th on the ladder. Reckon those guys more likely to be in the gun than his couple remaining premiership teammates (and rightly so).
Jeez, I hope his judgement wouldn't be clouded by any sort of personal sentiment like that, particularly as being 'given the flick' may not be the way he himself sees his move to West Coast.

This is my dream scenario, full rebuild. Trade Michell, Wingard, Bruest & Gunston - Trade around picks to have 5 picks in the first round.

Use 2022 as a learning / building year. Release Sicily as a free agent. Have pick 1 & 2 in next year’s draft.

Most likely bottom 4 in 2023 as well..

Roll into 2023 with 5 to 8 players under 21 who have elite capabilities.

Day, DGB, Pick 2 2021, Pick 1 & 2 2022, 2023 first round pick….

Plus the 4 extra fist round picks this year… Along with Jiath, Koschitzke plus a couple more who may become elite already on our list.

We go into 2024 we have a list fill to the brim with young elite talent. This is how we build a premiership team in 3 years.

This is my dream scenario, full rebuild. Trade Michell, Wingard, Bruest & Gunston - Trade around picks to have 5 picks in the first round.

Use 2022 as a learning / building year. Release Sicily as a free agent. Have pick 1 & 2 in next year’s draft.

Plus the 4 extra fist round picks this year… Along with Jiath, Koschitzke plus a couple more who may become elite already on our list.

We go into 2024 we have a list fill to the brim with young elite talent. This is how we build a premiership team in 3 years.
Yep, sure.

Be s**t for years! Then you become champions! Just like that!

Username checks out

Shiels, and that's fine. Like Poppy in his last year.

We have to get rid of three players every year; his time will come soon. When he's not required in the ones, he can give leadership at Box Hill.

It's fine.
Yep, sure.

Be sh*t for years! Then you become champions! Just like that!
Wake up call for you champ. WE ARE ALREADY s**t and we will be s**t for years anyway. Cashing in while these blokes have some value is the smart call.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Username checks out
Further to my comment. Gunston & Brust are both over 30 and Wingard and Mitchell have 3 solid years left. They are not going to play finals at Hawthorn within the next 3 years. Cashing in while these blokes have some value is the smart call.

Wake up call for you champ. WE ARE ALREADY sh*t and we will be sh*t for years anyway. Cashing in while these blokes have some value is the smart call.
Don't 'champ' me.

You've got no ******* idea where we are at.

Hoping to finish last repeatedly for draft picks is loser talk for loser people.

You said it's your dream scenario, yeah? i don't doubt it.

That's the thing about dreams; they're not based on logic or reality, they don't come true, and they don't make sense to anyone else.

This is a forum, so we get to post our most inane thoughts, but don't confuse that ability with the thought that they have some sort of merit.

Nothing remotely 'smart' about your call. It's a pleasing fantasy for you, that's all.

Last edited:
Jeez, I hope his judgement wouldn't be clouded by any sort of personal sentiment like that, particularly as being 'given the flick' may not be the way he himself sees his move to West Coast.
I wasn’t implying any bitterness on Sam’s part - just that he wouldn’t have the loyalty to them that Clarko seems to (as he has said in interviews about his obligation in bringing them to the club). Everyone is human with biases and loyalties. Mitchell’s will more likely be to premiership teammates than blokes brought in after he left. They also happen to be the guys with the trade value.

Nash is contracted for 2022.
Don't 'champ' me, you flog.

Hoping to finish last repeatedly for draft picks is loser talk for loser people.

That's the thing about dreams; they're not based on logic or reality, they don't come true, and they don't make sense to anyone else.

This is a forum, so we get to post our most inane thoughts, but don't confuse that ability with the thought that they have some sort of merit.

Nothing remotely 'smart' about your call. It's a pleasing fantasy for you, that's all.

Words like F and C get used everywhere these days where once upon a time a cake of soap in the gob would have been the punishment.

Why has the word champ become so offensive over the last few years.

Words like F and C get used everywhere these days where once upon a time a cake of soap in the gob would have been the punishment.

Why has the word champ become so offensive over the last few years.

Perhaps it's my short experience in juvenile justice...

In some circles, it's close to the lowest thing you can say.

Don't 'champ' me, you flog.

Burna with such a St Kilda type mindset thank god he doesn't have any say over list management.

Don't 'champ' me.

Triggered much lol

We’ll see what Sam’s rebuild looks like. It must be vastly different than Clarkos direction over the past few years, or Jeff would have stuck with Clarko.

I’ve watched us make stupid trade decisions, believing our list was infinitely better than it is. Now we have 2 or 3 young guys of real value. And a handful of that might make it. Our list is the worst in the league. If we don’t do something different, we will languish on the bottom for years.

The trade decisions and our current predicament of a bleak future comes down to Clarko mistakes. Think maybe that is why Jeff got rid of Clarko? Change of direction / strategy.

Maybe it’s you with rose coloured glasses and no idea of the reality of our situation. Anyway, everyone has opinions, and I expressed my thought. I’m super keen for HUGE changes this year and hope Mitchell take over. Let’s see what happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back