List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we see our infamous pay structure under Clarko changing now with Sam in charge?
Keep the pay structure. Overpaying for a couple of players doesn’t lead to success.

Player movement will be the most interesting thing with Sam in charge.

Keep the pay structure. Overpaying for a couple of players doesn’t lead to success.

Player movement will be the most interesting thing with Sam in charge.

Agree 100%. At this stage we should be just drafting kids anyway and once we have a competitive list, think about what FAs would help us win a flag and how they could be attracted to the club.

Just an assumption but sounds like some real tug of war over list management decision making has brought everything to a head.

Just last week Sam himself said to wately he was working on the list plan for the next 5 years and being reported he wants a youth lead development plan. (That’s great)

Clarko was reported as he wants to retain a lot of those senior players. In all this I think clarko is being way to fair to the worst midfield in the league and the senior players in it.

Interesting times indeed

Just an assumption but sounds like some real tug of war over list management decision making has brought everything to a head.

Just last week Sam himself said to wately he was working on the list plan for the next 5 years and being reported he wants a youth lead development plan. (That’s great)

Clarko was reported as he wants to retain a lot of those senior players. In all this I think clarko is being way to fair to the worst midfield in the league and the senior players in it.

Interesting times indeed

A few senior players could be on the phone to their management, asking them to find out who might be interested.

If so, I hope we get some very good draft picks to rebuild with.

We need better leadership in the midfield.
Hodge, Mitchell & Lewis
O'Meara, Mitchell and ...?

I rate O'Meara's leadership, but he's a rung below the first 2 and probably on par with Lewis IMO.
Mitchell is a great player, but seems a bit more of a passive personality.

We need to draft big personalities.

Hodge, Mitchell & Lewis

I rate O'Meara's leadership, but he's a rung below the first 2 and probably on par with Lewis IMO.

Worpel is literally in the leadership group.

But yes, Scrim, Day and DGB look like they’ll be the leaders of tomorrow.

Worpel is literally in the leadership group.

But yes, Scrim, Day and DGB look like they’ll be the leaders of tomorrow.
I like Worpel as a leader and personality, but he is played in a peripheral role and he is still finding his way to become as influential as he is as a primary midfielder. That's why I don't so much mind if Mitchell wants to leave and we trade him (not my preference).

Hodge, Mitchell & Lewis

Worpel

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Sicily will provide leadership when he returns. He has had a year to mature and think about the game, curious to see what he brings next year.
As will Gunston.

If Gunston plays 12 games next year it will be a miracle.

I will assume that he will probably end up in a similar position as Carlisle in that he can play now and then at an ok/good but will be hindered for the remainder of his career and end up bombing out.
I hope it doesn’t play out that way but if I were Sam Mitchell I would be penciling in Gunston on the extended interchange for next year and plan not to have him. I’d probably do something similar with Sicily knowing that he is a FA and will get some big offers that will ultimately lead to a really nice compo pick. I’d almost be inclined to pay the man if he bounces back well next season

Rumour board saying Wingard that is trying to get back home to the Crows. Any truth anyone?

Chad will be first on the trade block this trade period in my opinion.

As talented as he is doesnt strike me a Sam Mitchell type one bit.

Crows or anyone will need to stump up a pick around 15-20 to get it done .

Hawks will cut our losses and move on as part of the Clarko era.

The old Gary ablett Junior move. Play the years your contract is front loaded at the Sun's then leave when it drops down...

The players managers are the vultures-

“how are you really feeling mate”
“I have had 3 or 4 clubs asking about your current contract and reckon we could arrange a trade here if you wanted a change. You would also significantly increase your final two years salary from your current contract.

Rumour board saying Wingard that is trying to get back home to the Crows. Any truth anyone?
Jesus christ I had a look through some threads there. That place is really a melting pot for s**t takes and ugly thoughts.
That being said if Adelaide can land themselves a pick in the 12-18 range I think we'd have to consider it. Am a big fan of Chad but from all of Mitchell's talks he wants a fresh, young group.

The old Gary ablett Junior move. Play the years your contract is front loaded at the Sun's then leave when it drops down...
Seriously Roger ? I’d expect more from you.
Would you not try to get home to help your sister ?
There’s a lot more to Gary Ablett than money, but he’s an easy target

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back