List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Assuming that we get #2 would we look at splitting that into 2-3 picks in the top 10-15?

Hard to say.

It seems that if we have pick two we might as well have pick three, as Horne and Daicos are seemingly so far ahead of the pack at the moment.

Hopefully a few others separate themselves from the rest and entrench themselves as clear top five talents. I like the idea that we would likely be able to determine how the rest of the draft goes - as the draft really starts at pick three.

But if no one else really separates themselves then we could possibly look to trade back, though would any one want to trade up? It goes both ways I guess. Who has multiple first round picks anyway?

I think it's more likely that we leverage our two second rounders or a future pick into another first rounder this season.

Would we take a punt on Willie Rioli and hope we could get 2-3 years of decent footy out of him, help him turn his life around with the help of Burger and others mentoring him?
nah

the bloke has some real issues if he's caught with drugs allegedly....at an airport of all places.....WHILST SERVING A DRUGS BAN FOR TAMPERING WITH A DRUGS TEST....

AFTER HAVING MARIJUANA IN HIS DRUG TEST THE FOLLOWING WEEK!

That's either next level stupidity, or a complete disregard for anything.

Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I wonder if we can use our cap space to facilitate something between two other clubs. For example in the case last year we pay $500k of treloar’s wage at the dogs and receive some part of the trade collateral the dogs provided to Collingwood. I guess this happened already indirectly through the philipps salary dump. Best done with a club like GWS who may be cap strapped and could offer up a pick or a young fella in exchange for us paying the salary of a player they are trading in from another club.

Could we pay some of Kelly’s stinky deal in exchange for one of their young blokes?! Probably against the rules.

mustang

Club Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Leeds United
Hard to say.

It seems that if we have pick two we might as well have pick three, as Horne and Daicos are seemingly so far ahead of the pack at the moment.

Hopefully a few others separate themselves from the rest and entrench themselves as clear top five talents. I like the idea that we would likely be able to determine how the rest of the draft goes - as the draft really starts at pick three.

But if no one else really separates themselves then we could possibly look to trade back, though would any one want to trade up? It goes both ways I guess. Who has multiple first round picks anyway?

I think it's more likely that we leverage our two second rounders or a future pick into another first rounder this season.

I wonder is there any chance that we bid on Daicos and Collingwood don’t match.

Nov 3, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
nah

the bloke has some real issues if he's caught with drugs allegedly....at an airport of all places.....WHILST SERVING A DRUGS BAN FOR TAMPERING WITH A DRUGS TEST....

As someone from Darwin, it seems like pretty standard Darwin behaviour :sweatsmile:

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
nah

yep sounds like some bad life decisions and he has been caught. Would hate to think about all the big name players that get away with it and don’t get caught and shamed.

I was thinking a package deal. 🤔

Take Willie and Cyril decides to come back for a year or two to help him out in Melbourne.

If they match they stuff there draft hand for next year when they need to rebuild which plays a bit in our favour. Could we trade some of our picks then to get there 2022 first I wonder.
they'll manage their potential points deficit by manouevering in the trade period. They won't pass up a potential number 1 pick.

I posted it a few weeks back that this is where we should try to capitalise

matey

Premiership Player
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Amusing hearing the media today after Jeff this morning on SEN. They think and are saying that we are starting our rebuild today because Jeff said we are going the draft. Sarcasm and smirking by Andy and co that in two years Hawks have little chance of competing again. Hello ..... no one made mention that we have used our first draft picks over the last two years!

1620725952331.jpeg

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Good list. Let’s assume we don’t contend for five years. Who among your keepers do you expect to be there?

Assuming no major injuries or dramatic drop in form I’ll say: Day, CJ, Worpel, Dimma, Lewis, Kosi, Jeka, Scrimshaw, DGB, Finn (he’ll come good), Brockman, Reeves, Downie, Moore, Morrison, Sicily, Ollie, Greaves and Phillips. Not sure about S Mitchell as he hasn’t played. So that’s 19 with possibly S Mitchell as well.

Can’t imagine Jaeger lasting another 5 with his issues, same with Chad. T Mitchell an outside chance due to his high level of professionalism.

However a number of my current keepers are fringe players so could be a few less.

Yeah I would, Mitchells disposal is terrible and he's coming off a Shoulder reco and a broken leg, Bruest hasn't had a kick all year and Gunston is coming off back surgery. The last two are also over 30. Problem is we won't get first rounders for them, Mitchell yes but the other 2 I would say only second rounders at best.
If as you say Mitchell's disposal is terrible then why is a team giving us a first round pick for him??? So you would trade out Breust and Gunston for 2nd round picks?? So we go into the draft with our top 5 pick, a late first and four second round picks. They come into a team with no senior players to guide them through the rigours of an afl season. That's 100 point loss every single week for the next 2 years - feel sorry for the mods

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
If as you say Mitchell's disposal is terrible then why is a team giving us a first round pick for him??? So you would trade out Breust and Gunston for 2nd round picks?? So we go into the draft with our top 5 pick, a late first and four second round picks. They come into a team with no senior players to guide them through the rigours of an afl season. That's 100 point loss every single week for the next 2 years - feel sorry for the mods

Gunston has barely played and Breust has been in the team whilst we are copping the same hidings. Seems like not much of a difference is being made at the moment.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Amusing hearing the media today after Jeff this morning on SEN. They think and are saying that we are starting our rebuild today because Jeff said we are going the draft. Sarcasm and smirking by Andy and co that in two years Hawks have little chance of competing again. Hello ..... no one made mention that we have used our first draft picks over the last two years!

View attachment 1124718
To be fair just using our first pick 2 years in a row probably doesn’t count as rebuilding. Plenty of teams who are better than us already, had stronger draft hands than us. If we’d moved gunston on for a decent haul last year I would be happier with our position. But we really are starting from absolute scratch

Jazzfan

Club Legend
Apr 12, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
To be fair just using our first pick 2 years in a row probably doesn’t count as rebuilding. Plenty of teams who are better than us already, had stronger draft hands than us. If we’d moved gunston on for a decent haul last year I would be happier with our position. But we really are starting from absolute scratch

100%.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers

I was so desperate for Gunston to get moved at the the end of trade period last season, love the man but it seems we could have sold someone a lemon and netted us a decent pick if we had of. Now it looks as though we're stuck with someone edging closer to 30 with a crook back and very little trade value so we've missed the boat.

Gunston has barely played and Breust has been in the team whilst we are copping the same hidings. Seems like not much of a difference is being made at the moment.

We had 35 inside 50s on the weekend. Breust is a fantastic player but he's not a miracle worker, if you don't think he would still kick 40-50 goals on a contending side you're having a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back