Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JR33

Senior List
Apr 7, 2021
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Some of you are on the pipe or something, first started with Gunston and Bruest, then Mitchell, Wingard and O’meara, now Sicily. How do you except to have a successful rebuild with no experience on the field to mentor the young players? The approach needs to be balanced, we can’t just move on majority of our experienced players.

Has anyone else heard about the T Mitchell to GWS stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No, but they hold two first rounders, so....

Stratton24

Premiership Player
Aug 29, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His missus obviously moved to Sydney , and he is struggling being away from her (the relationship ended due to the move), and he is desperate to get to Sydney and GWS are keen because they can effectively get Mitchell in and let Kelly walk

Byron Bay is a long way from Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 14, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
His missus obviously moved to Sydney , and he is struggling being away from her (the relationship ended due to the move), and he is desperate to get to Sydney and GWS are keen because they can effectively get Mitchell in and let Kelly walk

Thought she went to Byron ...to be a yogic influencer!!!

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
if i were to take only the best players from our list and move towards creating a finals competing team by 2023, i would invest in these players and draft + Trade/ FA a few others to fit the gaps we have remaining

B: Blake Hardwick, DGB, Jack Scrimshaw
HB: Will Day, Sam Frost, James Sicily

C: Jarman Impey, James Worpel, Tom Phillips
R: ....., ....., Jaeger O'Meara

HF: Chad Wingard, Jacob Koschitzke, Dylan Moore
F: Tyler Brockman, Mitch Lewis, .....

INT: CJ, ....., ....., .....

1. we are hoping Hartigan can last for a couple of seasons for DGB to take the role by 2023
2. we are looking for not only 1 midfielder, but 2 or even 3 for bench and rotations, whether a player already on our list can improve substantially is a small chance, more likely is that we have to bring in a few top tier mids imo.
3. we still have a small forward spot available, i'm not a fan of Hanrahan as a future option, maybe S.Mitchell or Saunders could step up or another recruit could take the position, but imo its an open spot atm.
4. the ruck is also an open option, Reeves could be it, but with 3 over the hill rucks atm on the list we NEED to recruit better options NOW
5. i think trading Tom Mitchell might be on the cards, because our midfield has been terrible for far too long and someting needs to happen.
6. this is assuming most of the veterans who are not performing are mostly gone or become fringe players by 2023.

of course theres about 10 players who could be fringe players to this finals winning team which are important as well, players like (Morrison, Jeka, Greaves, Reeves, Downie?, S.Mitchell?) ect or maybe these fringe guys could develop into important players if they improve substantially like a couple have.

Last edited:
Any chance any of our A grades have/will ask to be traded now its been made clear that we won't be winning a cup for a few more years. Chad/JOM/Tom all came in on the promise of a premiership. It would be good to see an amicable parting of ways that nets us good assets to rebuild. Someone mentioned in another thread "putting people in the shop window". I reckon it's a good time to start that if they're amenable to it.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
You should be trying at least 1 of them, who's in the hunt for Mitchell? What's he worth? 10-15 pick?

Do you end up in a three way trade to get cerra and a first rounder, with Mitchell to Carlton, Cripps to Freo?

Not sure you could get a first rounder for Gunston, breust, Wingard or O'Meara, how do you rejuvenate the list?

This would be one of the more stupid suggestions I have read.

Gold Coast wouldn’t even consider it on any level.

You should be trying at least 1 of them, who's in the hunt for Mitchell? What's he worth? 10-15 pick?

Do you end up in a three way trade to get cerra and a first rounder, with Mitchell to Carlton, Cripps to Freo?

Not sure you could get a first rounder for Gunston, breust, Wingard or O'Meara, how do you rejuvenate the list?
Go away.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

We have to get creative.

That, and draft extremely well and be even better at developing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back