Port Adelaide14034113
Collingwood12121512
Richmond11423112
West Coast22440012
Western Bulldogs32231112
Geelong02313211
St Kilda1232019
Hawthorn2000237

Guess that explains why the Giants, Gold Coast, Adelaide and North are looking so good right now.

"Rebuild ladder" lmao

If only we matched the Mosquito bid then we would have an extra rebuild point.

Richmond move the ball forward at all costs and Tommy moves it backwards. Don’t see the fit with the Tigers.

No, Tom moves it out. It's not his fault that we don't have the timber on the outside to get it forward anymore.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
Cerra is not helping them the same way Mitchell is. They want someone who can play the role that Prestia is too often injured for, and Cotchin is getting too old for.

That's not Cerra.

Irrespective of style I think if Richmond were to make such a trade giving up two 1sts it'll be for someone that can offer a decades quality service as opposed to 3-4 years.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Irrespective of style I think if Richmond were to make such a trade giving up two 1sts it'll be for someone that can offer a decades quality service as opposed to 3-4 years.
A premiership is worth more than draft picks. If they think he can seriously help deliver another premiership (and there is decent reason to think he could given the rest of their side), they would. Mitchell being able to feed the most damaging footballer in the game would be pretty tantalising i'd have thought. He's a perfect fit for them.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
A premiership is worth more than draft picks. If they think he can seriously help deliver another premiership (and there is decent reason to think he could given the rest of their side), they would. Mitchell being able to feed the most damaging footballer in the game would be pretty tantalising i'd have thought. He's a perfect fit for them.

A personally think Cerra would be able to help them just as much tbh and for a lot longer, I get that is just opinion based though and you'd have to ask the Tigers their thoughts.

A personally think Cerra would be able to help them just as much tbh and for a lot longer, I get that is just opinion based though and you'd have to ask the Tigers their thoughts.

I'm not sure about that, if Cotchin retires which looks in the near future and Prestia keeps breaking down they have to rely on Dusty too much in the middle and that makes him less dangerous. Cerra isn't going to be able to work as hard from stoppage to stoppage, he's not going to help Dusty play in his most damaging role, and he'd want a longer term contract which is more difficult for Richmond to manage in the future.

As far as their game plan goes, Mitchell is much more primed to help now.

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I'm not sure about that, if Cotchin retires which looks in the near future and Prestia keeps breaking down they have to rely on Dusty too much in the middle and that makes him less dangerous. Cerra isn't going to be able to work as hard from stoppage to stoppage, he's not going to help Dusty play in his most damaging role, and he'd want a longer term contract which is more difficult for Richmond to manage in the future.

As far as their game plan goes, Mitchell is much more primed to help now.

Hope you're right as I'd love to get a decent package for Mitchell.

Timo pez

Senior List
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think most of the Hawks supporters, whether secretly or not are salivating at the thought of p*ssing Tommy Mitchell off to Richmond for a first round pick, but they would only do it if they gave up a 2nd round pick, on lower salary, and their pursuit of Cerra had fallen through.

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
I think most of the Hawks supporters, whether secretly or not are salivating at the thought of p*ssing Tommy Mitchell off to Richmond for a first round pick, but they would only do it if they gave up a 2nd round pick, on lower salary, and their pursuit of Cerra had fallen through.

Thanks for speaking for "most" of us.

Freo are going to ask for more for Cerra than we are for Titch.

In any event, I'm sure we've put some names on the table and looking at what shakes out

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
I really can't understand why more here can't fathom this. IMO it will come down to the asking price we have of Tom if a deal was to take place. I posted from the very start that I think a fair deal would be picks 11 & 16 for Tom & pick 22. Yes that is where those picks currently but if they were to end up closer to the 20s (ie picks 18 & 19) then the deal would only be worth it for both 1st rounders and say pick 56 going back to them along with Tom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is some serious undervaluing of Mitchell here. He is the best player in the league at finding the pill, arguably best player ever (at that skill). A team in contention looking to boost that area whilst already holding the outside players to compliment, he is worth a whole lot more than 1 pick in the 15-20 range.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I really can't understand why more here can't fathom this. IMO it will come down to the asking price we have of Tom if a deal was to take place. I posted from the very start that I think a fair deal would be picks 11 & 16 for Tom & pick 22. Yes that is where those picks currently but if they were to end up closer to the 20s (ie picks 18 & 19) then the deal would only be worth it for both 1st rounders and say pick 56 going back to them along with Tom.
Yep, Mitchell is a player who needs explosive, talented and damaging players around him to realise his skill set. He has never played with a midfielder as explosive, talented and damaging as Martin. The negative in trading with Richmond is that I actually see him really excelling there and helping them enormously. But that's also why such a trade makes a lot of sense for all 3 parties.

Dec 27, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers
Richmond move the ball forward at all costs and Tommy moves it backwards. Don’t see the fit with the Tigers.
I think Tommy can learn to handball forwards. He can already kick forwards.

It's not that hard to do. I think that criticism is unwarranted.
Add it to the long list of overly harsh criticisms of Tom Mitchell. I have no doubt that, if he leaves Hawthorn, he will be a star and people on here will moan as to why we let him go.

Timo pez

Senior List
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
i get your point but how ridiculous is it that we 'need to accept' the fact that two of our greatest ever forwards want to stay loyal and see out their careers with the team we love...
The other side is, they might be really happy with where their lives are at and salaries they earn, and not interested in uprooting their families to go play 1-2yrs somewhere else to achieve something both already have

offtherails9

Norm Smith Medallist
May 30, 2012
-
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There is some serious undervaluing of Mitchell here. He is the best player in the league at finding the pill, arguably best player ever (at that skill). A team in contention looking to boost that area whilst already holding the outside players to compliment, he is worth a whole lot more than 1 pick in the 15-20 range.

Agreed, do you reckon he may be out of that role more these days though because his shoulders are cooked?

Aug 2, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
fair few people seem to be raising the possibility of trading him, make sense?
I'm not going to sit here and nit pick with you but weighting your argument with the assumption that "most" want Tom gone is being rather presumptuous in my book.

Last edited:

Timo pez

Senior List
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm not going to sit here and nit pick with you but weighing your argument with the assumption that "most" want Tom gone is being rather presumptuous in my book.
whether or not we want/ don't want him aside, I think what is clear is that his name is coming up in trade rumours, and his footy has been frankly ineffectual the last few years since the injury. If he had as much value as some suggest, the club wouldn't be considering trading him out, and at 28 and with a Brownlow he'd be seen as a senior player to build around, which doesn't appear to be the case does it?

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
"You rate player/coach less than I do, therefore you HATE player/coach" is probably the worst take on Bigfooty.

It is fair to criticise the senior coach who has overseen the last 5 years without a finals win and led us to 17th with a terrible list. If it were not for Clarko's incredible history, he would certainly have been sacked for it. So criticism is fair. The question to debate is how much his history counts for in terms of our next moves. I disagree with J2S and think that if Clarkson is fully committed now to rebuilding (and acknowledging the grave list management errors), I am happy to back him in. I doubt we could find a better coach if he's on the right page and fully invested. My concern is whether he is.
Are you bored with this yet? I am, I'm sure many others are as well. He's still the coach - next.

Oh and you actually have no right to criticize if you didn't lend a hand - don't lend a hand = your criticism is bullshit. On top of this my bigfooty friend the HFC was here first and will be long after you're gone, so wake up, it owes you NOTHING. You are welcome to your opinion, that does not mean I have to agree with it. If your concern is whether Clarko is fully invested and on the right page do you know what you have to do to alleviate this concern, just wait and watch, since all the changes people have been stressing over are happening, or have already happened, but it requires patience to let it unfold, now that others did the hard work while you criticize something you had nothing to do with.

Put your ego in you're pocket.

I have no hatred for Clarko. That's just painfully stupid to read. Maybe you are confusing me with someone else? He's a living legend.

All I did was highlight how you were plainly wrong, yet again, about that whole situation. Because you are and it's not up for debate. Continuing to peddle that narrative of nonsense is just embarrassing. You were not only wrong, you had it all completely backwards.

So stop posting absolute that nonsense.

As for the rest of the drivel you posted there - just lol.
It's just painful to read.

The grand irony being he's someone who has a history of posting paragraphs of barely legible dribble, yet had the audacity to mention the maturity of other posters.

Hahahaha I'm wrong, yep it's all Clarkos fault - all of it - LMAO - he's still the coach right this minute, so every posy by you and others who have little snide remarks each week multiple times about game plans and we should have rebuilt earlier etc is totally laughable to me. A point you and the other similar posters don't get is what I've said constantly - it doesn't matter - all that matters in NOW - and right now we have been rebuilding - you want to live in the past to provide your ego with a smoothing blame because you don't losing, that's your problem - enjoy being "right" - meanwhile I'll enjoy what is happening now, not what has already happened.

What you and many other of the same "type" of poster fail to realize is that Clarko showed Wright the door - why or how it happened does not matter - what matters is that Clarko when doing this proved how strong he is be simply saying "it's all on me from now on out, no matter what, it's all on me" - the strength to do this is something you and others consistently dishonor with your snide gutless crap about game plans and other s**t on a internet forum.

Yeah mate i just called you gutless, because you are always looking for someone to blame, because you know better. Well get off your arse and ******* prove it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back