List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think Tommy can learn to handball forwards. He can already kick forwards.

It's not that hard to do. I think that criticism is unwarranted.
Add it to the long list of overly harsh criticisms of Tom Mitchell. I have no doubt that, if he leaves Hawthorn, he will be a star and people on here will moan as to why we let him go.
Would like to keep him, but also to get him to stop running into others space, slowing the entire ball movement down - can he learn this at his age?

The boy needs to realise he has teammates for a reason, or go somewhere his skill set can shine, at his age. Because it's helping nobody at present, imo.

Timo pez

Senior List
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Are you bored with this yet? I am, I'm sure many others are as well. He's still the coach - next.

Oh and you actually have no right to criticize if you didn't lend a hand - don't lend a hand = your criticism is bullshit. On top of this my bigfooty friend the HFC was here first and will be long after you're gone, so wake up, it owes you NOTHING. You are welcome to your opinion, that does not mean I have to agree with it. If your concern is whether Clarko is fully invested and on the right page do you know what you have to do to alleviate this concern, just wait and watch, since all the changes people have been stressing over are happening, or have already happened, but it requires patience to let it unfold, now that others did the hard work while you criticize something you had nothing to do with.

Put your ego in you're pocket.

Hahahaha I'm wrong, yep it's all Clarkos fault - all of it - LMAO - he's still the coach right this minute, so every posy by you and others who have little snide remarks each week multiple times about game plans and we should have rebuilt earlier etc is totally laughable to me. A point you and the other similar posters don't get is what I've said constantly - it doesn't matter - all that matters in NOW - and right now we have been rebuilding - you want to live in the past to provide your ego with a smoothing blame because you don't losing, that's your problem - enjoy being "right" - meanwhile I'll enjoy what is happening now, not what has already happened.

What you and many other of the same "type" of poster fail to realize is that Clarko showed Wright the door - why or how it happened does not matter - what matters is that Clarko when doing this proved how strong he is be simply saying "it's all on me from now on out, no matter what, it's all on me" - the strength to do this is something you and others consistently dishonor with your snide gutless crap about game plans and other sh*t on a internet forum.

Yeah mate i just called you gutless, because you are always looking for someone to blame, because you know better. Well get off your arse and ******* prove it.
I reckon you've done enough. Clarko will come to your door and sing Christmas carols this year.

Would like to keep him, but also to get him to stop running into others space, slowing the entire ball movement down - can he learn this at his age?

The boy needs to realise he has teammates for a reason, or go somewhere his skill set can shine, at his age. Because it's helping nobody at present, imo.
Why not ask your mate (the Coach) to tell or teach him this stuff?

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Why not ask your mate (the Coach) to tell or teach him this stuff?
I've been asking whether Bolton is the man since the day he was signed - but since the guy is 28yrs of age I don't think he can overcome his habit of chasing the play, instead of letting it unfold. He's outstanding at making the play at the bottom of pack and worth a really earlier 1st rounder plus a player because of it, or I would like to keep him just for that, but you know, that's up to him, isn't it, since he's contracted.

I'll trust whichever way it goes mate, because things are moving in the right direction, after trying, but not quite being able to make it work. s**t HAPPENS - next.

Oh were you being facetious? Opps

I've been asking whether Bolton is the man since the day he was signed - but since the guy is 28yrs of age I don't think he can overcome his habit of chasing the play, instead of letting it unfold. He's outstanding at making the play at the bottom of pack and worth a really earlier 1st rounder plus a player because of it, or I would like to keep him just for that, but you know, that's up to him, isn't it, since he's contracted.

I'll trust whichever way it goes mate, because things are moving in the right direction, after trying, but not quite being able to make it work. sh*t HAPPENS - next.

Oh were you being facetious? Opps
I was being facetious, but that was a really good answer so I gotta give it a like :thumbsu:

LMGjr

Cancelled
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I was being facetious, but that was a really good answer so I gotta give it a like :thumbsu:
It's all good mate - some days our posts just misfire you know - i'm not taking about yours - just you know - s**t happens - because I know this i try not to hold it against any posters, but i don't always succeed - LOL.

All we can hope for is that we are treated the same back.

Hopefully Jiath, Day and Koschitzke are not far from re-signing.

Jiath has already (or very close to) reached a games trigger to automatically extend his contract. An earlier article on Hardwick prior to his re-signing said Kozzie and Morrison were the next in line. Give no mention of Reeves who we announced in between not sure how accurate that was.

Kuuz

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory TSM
Great locking down Dimma til 2024. I was really worried he might go, as he's so reliable. Would have to be top 3-4 this year in the Crimmins for mine for first half of this year.

Just super consistent, hard at it. Nearly 100 games too at 24 years of age - a really rare combo for us and will be important for our rebuild.

Clearly loves the club which is great to see!

dermott

Club Legend
Oct 9, 2004
Portsea
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn
Can't find a Blake thread anywhere, so will put here that Hardwick has extended his contract for three years

It makes the rumour of him moving to Carlton look decidedly ridiculous.

A premiership is worth more than draft picks. If they think he can seriously help deliver another premiership (and there is decent reason to think he could given the rest of their side), they would. Mitchell being able to feed the most damaging footballer in the game would be pretty tantalising i'd have thought. He's a perfect fit for them.

Welcome to the Hawthorn recruiting mindset.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
One thing that always gets me is looking at the draft or trade period like any asset. We have always valued the trade period more so then most club and the value of said asset were always quite low.

However since we made out like bandits on some deals the perceived value of the trade period worked against us but we never altered our view in later years, well not AC. But to our credit our work from the more recent draft and later picks have been strong.

doubling down on that I would back us in to hit 95% of all top 20 picks. So then we should be leaving no stone unturned to bring in as many top 20 picks as possible across the next two years.

2 elite smalls and 5 elite mids to come in across the next two years would be a gamechanger.

You'd think Dimma would have got a nice pay rise to help us meet the minimum cap requirements.
It's actually trickier than you think. I've been told that it was Mitchell's agent that is the one leaking trade news. We have heavily paid forward on Mitchell's contract (950k last 2 seasons, 700k this year, with only 550k for the last 2 years of his deal remaining). It's becoming a regular move by players who have been paid forward on contracts to use this tactic to try and get more $$$ on their cheaper later years of the deal.

Carlton did this with Gibbs, and the second he went into the cheaper part of the deal he requested a trade, which is why Carlton played hardball, they were pissed they paid forward so much on his contract and then he tried to up and leave when his deal got cheap.

I honestly don't know how we can meet the salary cap floor without paying overs/forward significantly with our currently list - and not risk another Mitchell scenario.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's actually trickier than you think. I've been told that it was Mitchell's agent that is the one leaking trade news. We have heavily paid forward on Mitchell's contract (950k last 2 seasons, 700k this year, with only 550k for the last 2 years of his deal remaining). It's becoming a regular move by players who have been paid forward on contracts to use this tactic to try and get more $$$ on their cheaper later years of the deal.

Carlton did this with Gibbs, and the second he went into the cheaper part of the deal he requested a trade, which is why Carlton played hardball, they were pissed they paid forward so much on his contract and then he tried to up and leave when his deal got cheap.

I honestly don't know how we can meet the salary cap floor without paying overs/forward significantly with our currently list - and not risk another Mitchell scenario.
If that’s the case, we should be putting him in the freezer for the rest of the year

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks

you over pay some good servants Breust and Gunston who took pay cuts to get the 3 pete

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
you over pay some good servants Breust and Gunston who took pay cuts to get the 3 pete
Great call

These guys undoubtedly took unders for years, and refused other clubs trying to poach them, to stay and win flags for the team we love

Time to pay back the love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back