List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a leader on good coin and a long term contract he needs to lift NOW big time. What he has done in the past is in the past.

It starts with his body language and as I said get him into the action and let’s get him involved.

The BS about being ungrateful is a total cop out.
You’re ungrateful if you’re suggesting that he’s not doing enough and needs to do more, while leading our goal kicking, in a side where we are getting belted in the middle every week.

You’re ungrateful if your suggesting that he’s not doing enough and needs to do more, while leading our goal kicking, in a side where we are getting belted in the middle every week.
Also generally in the top players on the ground for pressure acts

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I am very pumped for Jai's debut this week but I think it speaks volumes that we have a mid season drafter walk straight into our midfield.

We are so, so light on in our on all brigade in both sheer quality and number of players who can play this position.

It is actually a worry the club has managed the list so poorly that we end up in our current scenario where we have by my estimation close to 10 half back flanker types yet probably only 5 pure on ballers.

When you look at how many class players teams like Geelong, Doggies, etc can rotate through the middle and we basically just have JOM, Mitchell and Worps no wonder we are getting destroyed in stoppages!

I feel like the coaching panel has badly miscalculated how the modern game has developed although I admit they appear to be taking steps at last years draft to rectify it (still worried we will pick another rangy half back flanker in this year's draft though)

This is very funny. You make it out like Punky is donating his time.
No I make out like he’s actually doing quite well in the role that he’s been given in such a horrible side.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
It's crazy how little respect Breust gets. Next cab off the rank after Cyril, Greene, Johnson and Betts as the best small/medium forward of his time imo.

Which smalls have been better than him this year? Tippa, Fritsch and Greene? Maybe some others at a stretch? It's a short list in a team that has averaged 14 fewer inside 50 entries than it's opponents (North next worst at 7 fewer). His crumbing has still been elite when he's had the chance and pressure still good (come a long way since he was dropped in the 2011 finals).

Deadset he's the last player on the entire list you could point the finger at for why we've sucked. We're very lucky to have him running around.

TylerDurden

Mischief. Mayhem. Soap
Mar 5, 2007
Lou's Tavern
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It's crazy how little respect Breust gets. Next cab off the rank after Cyril, Greene, Johnson and Betts as the best small/medium forward of his time imo.

Which smalls have been better than him this year? Tippa, Fritsch and Greene? Maybe some others at a stretch? It's a short list in a team that has averaged 14 fewer inside 50 entries than it's opponents (North next worst at 7 fewer). His crumbing has still been elite when he's had the chance and pressure still good (come a long way since he was dropped in the 2011 finals).

Deadset he's the last player on the entire list you could point the finger at for why we've sucked. We're very lucky to have him running around.
Leading goalkicker this year.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL

I've never understood the Breust criticism. Came to the club from a rugby background and did it tough in his first few years - wasn't even good enough to play in the Box Hill firsts in his first season. His biggest knock early on was that he was too "soft" Worked hard and transformed himself into one of the premier small forwards in the comp. Got knocked out cold running with the flight of the ball in a game but came back and never shirked a contest which he was justified in doing

Has again come out and said he doesn't want to eave the club unless the club wants to move him on. Some seem to think that he should be kicking 2-3 goals a game (despite the poor delivery of the worst midfied in the comp) and/or racking up a more possessions when he goes in the middle - WTF?

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With only 18 goals that is saying more about how the side is going than Breust having a good season. I might be wrong but I doubt he'd be high up in the B&F. Of course he's playing a tough role in a s**t side. That said, I think Breust is more valuable to us as a quality senior player than as a trade, given we wouldn't get a first rounder for him anymore. We should keep Breust and Gunston as senior players and move on 2 guys with greater currency.

Cyzzametimbres

Team Captain
Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The pot shotting of Breust is ridiculous. Leading goal kicker and I'm pretty sure he's playing hurt too (lifted up his jumper last game and showed a belt around his gut). He's never gonna go into the midfield and dominate anyway, give it a rest.
He got 5 years and can’t even dominate at full back! Show some goddam leadership!

Sep 22, 2010
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Roys SFA
The pot shotting of Breust is ridiculous. Leading goal kicker and I'm pretty sure he's playing hurt too (lifted up his jumper last game and showed a belt around his gut). He's never gonna go into the midfield and dominate anyway, give it a rest.
Ah yes I remember seeing that, anyone know what that was? It looked to have some kind of fitting attached to it?

Sep 28, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Surely Burgers, Brooksby, Hartley all finish up.

Cegs is contracted and is probably hung on to for depth to BB and Ned.

Shiels looks cooked, and Nash's time must be up?
Cutting people with our list isn’t a challenge. A number will be on our list next year that could count themselves very lucky.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You’re ungrateful if you’re suggesting that he’s not doing enough and needs to do more, while leading our goal kicking, in a side where we are getting belted in the middle every week.
Not just ungrateful, but downright insulting to suggest he "get his hands dirty" as if he's been coasting all these years - or even now!

Aug 16, 2009
Right behind you!
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Paywall - what’s it say ?
25B3992F-8400-4141-898C-95E50685F60C.png

Oct 23, 2006
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chi Bulls, LV Raiders
Basically it says the club won't 'sell the fabric of the club' and they'll have mature conversations will all players. Even though people are speculating, there's be no talk with Tom Mitchell or his manager. They know the club needs more top end talent and may use our second rounders to move up by packaging them but will use pick 2.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I tell you what, we are doing well when given draft picks no matter where they are found, based on last night pretty happy with dgb over McDonald, full faith in everyone at the club to outpick all the clubs around us this year no matter where we end up.

Burtman

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Basically it says the club won't 'sell the fabric of the club' and they'll have mature conversations will all players. Even though people are speculating, there's be no talk with Tom Mitchell or his manager. They know the club needs more top end talent and may use our second rounders to move up by packaging them but will use pick 2.
Honestly I’d much rather use pick 20 and 22~ than package those up for pick 10. So far this draft group looks fairly even after the first 2 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back