List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am genuinely staggered after one win yet still anchored to the bottom that there are some not wanting to trade names out .......unbelievable

I’m happy that after Ceglar, Mitchell played like that we may if it continues to seasons end we may get something for Ceglar and more for Mitchell.

It's not enough. Would have to be a top 10 pick. Why else would we be pushing him out?

Yup, especially now that his wages have flipped from being front loaded to verrry positive.
Only way I'd want to trade Mitch's talent and output would be for a player we thought more important to our structures going forward.
Say if he wanted to go back to WA and the Dockers would straight swap for Cerra.
That, I'd do.

Yes I would read nothing at all into what Clarkson said about trading players. Two weeks ago he sat there and said we were taking one pick into the mid season draft. He just doesn’t GAF about telling the media anything.
He said we had 1 pick in the draft. Which we did, at that time.

The Issue is the clubs with top 10 picks are likely far enough away from a flag that it won't make trading for a 28 year old Mitchell that appealing.

But they also get desperate and offer deals like West Coast did for Kelly would we take that offer of 14,24,37 and there future first for example. That would help our rebuild as we could move a 24,37 for better picks and package them with our other two second rounders for a top 10 pick or even use them on draft night to get to another club to get a another future 1st like Collingwood and GWS did. If a club gave us something like that.

The Issue is the clubs with top 10 picks are likely far enough away from a flag that it won't make trading for a 28 year old Mitchell that appealing.
Yet some clubs in the window have been able to stockpile plenty of first round picks. Eg Cats traded 3 first round picks last year for Cameron who is older than Mitch.

I can't see an issue obtaining a top 10 pick for Mitch if the club and he are amicable to a trade.

GilWS set the standard (all be it a bullsh*t one) for trading out players!!!

If mitch wants to got a contender than they have to pay up 2 first rounders for a contracted brownlow medalist in his prime! If not then he sees our his contract with us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've come to the conclusion with Timmy that I think he is definitely an AFL standard player, and would be keeping him on the list if we don't have to overpay. He at the least is quality depth for our group. I think there is still the possibility he finally comes good and the hands start to stick, but I am content with what he brings to us right now in terms of providing a contest and bringing the ball to ground.

However, I feel that if I am his management, then I am getting him to a team where he can be a genuine third tall with better ball delivery from the midfield. Feel like he would be able to get the most out of himself playing for a Brisbane or Port Adelaide type.

Still think he will be here in 2022, from what I've heard he loves the club and has not wanted to leave in the past.
The problem is Timmy would have to back himself in to be best 22 at those clubs which Brisbane he 100% isn't and Port he is behind Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades

He should be a depth player anywhere he is, if he is best 22 the team is not contending for a flag it is that simple. That is fine as well because not everyone is a superstar.

The only part i disagree with you is the bolded.

Tim is what he is, he is 27 years of age. He is not going to break out and he is not going to start clunking them consistently. He can get good looks at it a lot of the time and just cook it. He brings effort, does bring the ball to ground and will provide a contest week in week out but i don't believe he will ever be anything more.

This where a 3 team trade could come in to play (ie Mitchell to Richmond, Cerra to Hawthorn, picks 11 + 16 to Freo.

This is all assuming that Richmond would prefer Mitchell over Cerra.

The problem is Timmy would have to back himself in to be best 22 at those clubs which Brisbane he 100% isn't and Port he is behind Dixon, Marshall and Georgiades

He should be a depth player anywhere he is, if he is best 22 the team is not contending for a flag it is that simple. That is fine as well because not everyone is a superstar.

The only part i disagree with you is the bolded.

Tim is what he is, he is 27 years of age. He is not going to break out and he is not going to start clunking them consistently. He can get good looks at it a lot of the time and just cook it. He brings effort, does bring the ball to ground and will provide a contest week in week out but i don't believe he will ever be anything more.
It’s a fair point and I understand it. But I feel that a lot of pressure is put on TOB to perform perfectly by our supporters by clunking everything.

I’m still in the camp of believing he has already reached his ceiling, but with a bit less pressure I still wouldn’t be surprised if he gets to where we want him to be.

Match Committee need to keep trying new things to find more pieces imo, fast track the rebuild with a few more good players and find a star mid from the draft and we're on our way up the ladder soonish, play DGB as well, fast track his development imo, lets get this done.

It’s a fair point and I understand it. But I feel that a lot of pressure is put on TOB to perform perfectly by our supporters by clunking everything.

I’m still in the camp of believing he has already reached his ceiling, but with a bit less pressure I still wouldn’t be surprised if he gets to where we want him to be.
I agree he is probably at his ceiling but that is where the issue lies

He is a less than a goal a game forward who doesn't offer a lot else in the way of being a target. I find it strange that Timmy is so polarising on this board when he should be the least controversial player we have in my opinion.

A decent depth forward that is best 22 because of where our list is at. People who sook and whine every single week about him being picked need to look at what other options we have, because it hasn't been great. You also have some that go the other way and seem to talk up some pretty average games as being much better than what they are.

Classic media. One win and suddenly we have a promising future after it's all been doom and gloom.

No mention of Hardwick, Worpel or Moore who all played the other night or Reeves and Brockman who didn't just to name a couple either. We've got a fair bit to work with.

Match Committee need to keep trying new things to find more pieces imo, fast track the rebuild with a few more good players and find a star mid from the draft and we're on our way up the ladder soonish, play DGB as well, fast track his development imo, lets get this done.
Agree. Super keen to get DGB in now.

Yet some clubs in the window have been able to stockpile plenty of first round picks. Eg Cats traded 3 first round picks last year for Cameron who is older than Mitch.

I can't see an issue obtaining a top 10 pick for Mitch if the club and he are amicable to a trade.

Saad turns 27 in July so is only about a year younger than Mitchell and got the Bombers pick 8 from Carlton.

Amazing what one win does to the narrative 😂
Media bring a whole new meaning to week-to-week. Everything that happened before the week never actually happened. Bunch of goldfish the lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back