List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A late 2 rounder this year (maybe Brisbane’s) for our 3rd rounder next year would be a good and fair trade.

Bearing in mind there is a chance for there to be bugger all difference between their second round and our third rounder, I might hope for something a little better

Bearing in mind there is a chance for there to be bugger all difference between their second round and our third rounder, I might hope for something a little better
Just an example. Brisbane don’t have a 2nd rounder this year anyway. We won’t get much for Cegs at his age anyway. We probably need him for cover next year anyway especially with Brooksby most likely being delisted. Max Lynch coming in may change that.

I’ll say this again... the direspect shown towards a three time premiership player who bleeds brown and gold staggers me to this day. He was never an A grade midfielder - always a B+Player who added great depth in our glory days. He has pretty much played at the same level since he was 18 years old (debuted at 17)

It’s like some supporters expected him to suddenly become an a grader in the last 3-4 years which he has never been
No disrespect, Shiels has been great for us, but I’m looking at the future and next year, when we have a full list to pick from, don’t see him in our best side

No disrespect, Shiels has been great for us, but I’m looking at the future and next year, when we have a full list to pick from, don’t see him in our best side
Fine, he can retire gracefully at the end of next year as a three time premiership player, and handy depth when required.

We're not 'stuck' with him like he's a piece of s**t on our Chuck Traynors...

If we draft some special young mids at picks 2, 20 and 23, how much longer is Shiels in the 22?

If 2022 is another plank in our rebuilding, you'd imagine those 3 draftees would get quite a few games in the midfield, and it won't be ahead of Mitchell or JOM. So who falls out?

If we draft some special young mids at picks 2, 20 and 23, how much longer is Shiels in the 22?

If 2022 is another plank in our rebuilding, you'd imagine those 3 draftees would get quite a few games in the midfield, and it won't be ahead of Mitchell or JOM. So who falls out?
Shiels, and that's fine. Like Poppy in his last year.

We have to get rid of three players every year; his time will come soon. When he's not required in the ones, he can give leadership at Box Hill.

It's fine.

I agree with every part of that aside from 2.

Howe is either 100% staying or being traded if we get something of value in return for him. Sydney are rumoured to be into him and currently have a pick in the early 30's which is right where we originally drafted Dan. Would we do that trade?

Howes future also directly affects Cousins IMO. So far this season Cuz has twice had career high possessions. He's turned in a massive last quarter to help us get over the line against Adelaide. In his last two games most supporters have generally believed 'he played really well, he would be stiff to get dropped'. His game last Saturday night aside from one errant kick inside 50 really offered our midfield something different.

IF Howe is traded and (hypothetically) we do look to move on Mitchell for something juicy in return, we can't start cutting solid midfield depth. I'd rather retain Cuz than use picks on trading in Fiorini or Brodie for example.

We get Sydneys pick 13 and 31
Sydney get our Pick 21, 65 and Howe

How is not a free agent and we are returning draft picks.
Free agent or not, Swans can get Howe with a simple pic swap without giving up a first in the process.

Their members wound revolt if they handed over 13 for Howe and change.

Free agent or not, Swans can get Howe with a simple pic swap without giving up a first in the process.

Their members wound revolt if they handed over 13 for Howe and change.
You have to start some where and you never start low. Sick of given away our players for zilch.

Besides the swans have screwed us in the past Buddy via the AFL. Kennedy and McGlyn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You have to start some where and you never start low. Sick of given away our players for zilch.

Besides the swans have screwed us in the past Buddy via the AFL. Kennedy and McGlyn.
Sound reasoning. 🤪

Ceglar could net us an upgrade of an early fourth to a third so might be worth keeping another year in the brooksby role. No way should he be retained with the intention of being played.

Agree. If there is an offer from another team then we should take it, even if it's a pick upgrade.

Hoping Pepper gets another year. Has speed is a handy size and a bit clumsy. Got a feeling he is the sort of player that will improve quickly over a preseason. Might be this year might be next.

I've seen enough of Hanrahan to let him go. Look at what Bramble has done and Newcombe to a lesser extent. Both better players than Ollie.

My Outs for seasons end:

Silk retired
Hanrahan delisted
Brooksby delisted
Hartley delisted
Greaves delisted
TOB delisted
Cousins delisted
Josh Morris delisted
Conor Nash delisted

Jeka upgraded senior list

If we can get a top 15 pick for Tom Mitchell than we trade

cegs has one year to go on his contract before he gets the chop & with Big boy having 1-2 years left in him we will definitely be targeting a ruckman this year.

Add callaghan/horne with some more quality midfielders to rise up for 2023 when Sam Mitchell takes over

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back