List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No doubt brooksby will be delisted but I'd like to see him in some sort of devolpment role or a box hill assistant. Seems a great club man and person.

I would keep Brooksby at Box Hill playing for sure . Seems like a quality person and a handy contributor at that level.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cousins is a VFL standard player, our next two years draft picks will render him a list clogger. The time is now to make way.

Greaves isn’t quick enough to play as a small defender and has looked fumbly at AFL level.
Morris will most likely supersede him.
I'll leave Cuz till last.
Greaves did a superb job in 2020 as the small defender, locked down some of the games better smalls at the time, Butler, Rankine and even Wallis before his form drop.

He had one game where he was super fumbly which was his game v Port but his ball use is great and a super reliable tough and smart footballer. Think he can make it if Day/Scrimmers can push up the ground.
Morris has a lot to go before he gets close to Greaves.

Cousins isn't a VFL standard player, he's much better than that. Look at his game on the weekend, barring a couple clangers his game was overall very good, got a decent amount of it, played inside and outside and makes us look better, his efforts are always 110% and he's one of our only mids who like to run, bounce and take the game on and some of his kickings are really good (his left foot kick to Kossie) and all of those runs through stoppages or from stoppages just make me really excited.

I'll leave Cuz till last.
Greaves did a superb job in 2020 as the small defender, locked down some of the games better smalls at the time, Butler, Rankine and even Wallis before his form drop.

He had one game where he was super fumbly which was his game v Port but his ball use is great and a super reliable tough and smart footballer. Think he can make it if Day/Scrimmers can push up the ground.
Morris has a lot to go before he gets close to Greaves.

Cousins isn't a VFL standard player, he's much better than that. Look at his game on the weekend, barring a couple clangers his game was overall very good, got a decent amount of it, played inside and outside and makes us look better, his efforts are always 110% and he's one of our only mids who like to run, bounce and take the game on and some of his kickings are really good (his left foot kick to Kossie) and all of those runs through stoppages or from stoppages just make me really excited.
You have very rosey glasses.

Dewyyyyy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
You have very rosey glasses.
Nah mate just watch alot of footy. Greaves is elite like literally elite at BH and like never makes a mistake. Came up first game fumbly etc but since then has played pretty well. Not a lock or anything for the future but there's something there. Morris has a higher ceiling i'd say much higher but needs half the consistency etc.

Cousins i literally explained his game, not sure how you see anything wrong with that..

Nah mate just watch alot of footy. Greaves is elite like literally elite at BH and like never makes a mistake. Came up first game fumbly etc but since then has played pretty well. Not a lock or anything for the future but there's something there. Morris has a higher ceiling i'd say much higher but needs half the consistency etc.

Cousins i literally explained his game, not sure how you see anything wrong with that..

Needs more hyperbole.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets

We all watch plenty of football too, so that means nothing.

Jul 16, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Cousins should be looking elsewhere as we will be looking for 2 more mids via the draft plus hopefully Finn improves, he might struggle for a game. Nothing against him though he was good last week. Greaves not tough enough either but just my opinion

daniel23

Club Legend
Mar 19, 2006
AFL Club
Hawthorn

I'm still trying to figure out if this is a troll account.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Hoping Pepper gets another year. Has speed is a handy size and a bit clumsy. Got a feeling he is the sort of player that will improve quickly over a preseason. Might be this year might be next.

I've seen enough of Hanrahan to let him go. Look at what Bramble has done and Newcombe to a lesser extent. Both better players than Ollie.

I'm with you on Pepper. Seems the type that could be named round 1 next year and have people asking "where did that come from?"

I think Ollie has real talent and might benefit from a change of clubs. We'll be going forward with Brockman, Moore, Wingard, Breust, Seamus, Pepper, Saunders next year and something just hasn't quite clicked for Ollie at Hawthorn. I hope he goes somewhere (other than Geelong) and plays 150 games because he has it in him. Be the next Duryea.

CHUBBSS

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I'm with you on Pepper. Seems the type that could be named round 1 next year and have people asking "where did that come from?"

I think Ollie has real talent and might benefit from a change of clubs. We'll be going forward with Brockman, Moore, Wingard, Breust, Seamus, Pepper, Saunders next year and something just hasn't quite clicked for Ollie at Hawthorn. I hope he goes somewhere (other than Geelong) and plays 150 games because he has it in him. Be the next Duryea.
Ollie is someone who would really benefit from having more size, I just don’t see him ever being able to put it on without help from some very special club doctors

Carl Spackler

Club Legend
Jul 29, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ollie is someone who would really benefit from having more size, I just don’t see him ever being able to put it on without help from some very special club doctors

He better not end up an entry in the Smell the * thread. * could present a plan to him but not one he should consider.

He is quick & has a wicked side-step, but his game (at AFL level) doesn't seem to get close to the sum of his individual attributes.

Wouldn't it be brilliant for him/us if playing alongside Seamus, Saunders & Brockman brought it out of him (somehow)? Maybe being given a leadership role amongst those young dudes will allow him to focus more on others, removing some of the pressure he applies to himself?

Wishful thinking perhaps, but hey - I'm an anonymous dude on the internet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back