List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmy reminds me a lot of Ryan Shoenmakers. Both showed a lot of potential, they both could play forward or back. They were both serviceable in a role rather than being great. At times teasing us with their potential, but never fully delivering on it.

so I see Timmy as being a stop gap figure, I don’t see him as being a best 22 player next year, I see him more as a player you bring in to cover for injuries ect.

In 2023, where hopefully we have hit the draft, and younger players have developed more. We start going on an upwards trajectory to start playing finals again, I can’t see him being apart of that.

So I think, either offer a contract for 1 more year, take what ever FA pick we can get or delist if no takers.

We have no kpd depth. So I’d keep unless we find a ready to go replacement. That he is versatile is also a bonus. Not every player on the list has to be best 22. Hartley was far worse but still there was a reason to have him on the list for the past two years.
By keeping 1x guy on the list, we have depth for KPD / KPF / 2nd Ruck / 3rd Tall Forward / 3rd Tall Defender.

We lose him & we're either exposed in these areas or we have to replace him, probably with multiple/lesser players & he's durable/available (I don't recall his last injury).

Sure - if he gets an offer & wants to take it (& we're well compensated) then I'll wish him luck, but we'd be mad to lose him for less than he's worth to us.

By keeping 1x guy on the list, we have depth for KPD / KPF / 2nd Ruck / 3rd Tall Forward / 3rd Tall Defender.

We lose him & we're either exposed in these areas or we have to replace him, probably with multiple/lesser players & he's durable/available (I don't recall his last injury).

Sure - if he gets an offer & wants to take it (& we're well compensated) then I'll wish him luck, but we'd be mad to lose him for less than he's worth to us.

4 more games for TOB (96 AFL games at the moment) and we will secure Timmy's kids as Father and Son/ Daughter picks.

According to footywire, our next 100 gamers are Howe (if signed ... got 86 games) and Sic got 93 games.

Would Skinner be able to provide this also?

Sounds like he has been playing well down back in the SANFL. And i thought he spent time up fwd for the lions?

4 more games for TOB (96 AFL games at the moment) and we will secure Timmy's kids as Father and Son/ Daughter picks.

According to footywire, our next 100 gamers are Howe (if signed ... got 86 games) and Sic got 93 games.

It's a bit like racing and horses. Stallions are often more valuable breeding mares in the paddocks. In football, if a player is close to 100 games, you keep him on the off chance he's possibly good in the "paddock".

It's a bit like racing and horses. Stallions are often more valuable breeding mares in the paddocks. In football, if a player is close to 100 games, you keep him on the off chance he's possibly good in the "paddock".
Genuinely get the feeling TOB or Howe's kids could turn into another Anderson type situation if they don't get over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thomas Murphy and Schoey are two examples of players the club stuck with through thick and thin.

A lot will come down to our salary cap, minimum payments, who is available and what Ollie, Howe and O’Brien’s management think they are worth.

All 3 are not going to hurt us by letting them go. They may turn into handy players for a few years for another side which is fine and good luck to them if that’s what occurs.

I am sure as a club we know where they sit financially and in length of contracts.

In regards to what they are worth on the open market as in trade value the answer for me is not much.

Does a package of O’Brien and Howe plus our pick 5 get us pick 3 from the Suns? That’s what I would be looking at if we have our eyes set on Callaghan as an example.

Thomas Murphy and Schoey are two examples of players the club stuck with through thick and thin.

A lot will come down to our salary cap, minimum payments, who is available and what Ollie, Howe and O’Brien’s management think they are worth.

All 3 are not going to hurt us by letting them go. They may turn into handy players for a few years for another side which is fine and good luck to them if that’s what occurs.

I am sure as a club we know where they sit financially and in length of contracts.

In regards to what they are worth on the open market as in trade value the answer for me is not much.

Does a package of O’Brien and Howe plus our pick 5 get us pick 3 from the Suns? That’s what I would be looking at if we have our eyes set on Callaghan as an example.
Pick 3 almost certainly doesn’t get us Callaghan, rather get 2 second rounders for O’Brien and Howe, gives us 4 seconds in an even draft.

TOB is a UFA. He walks for nothing.

I'm still keen to keep Howe. Really liked his game late in the season.
We might get a 2nd or 3rd round compensation pick for TOB.

As for Howe, I think it depends on what we get offered. I know Sydney were keen but might not be anymore.

Would Skinner be able to provide this also?

Sounds like he has been playing well down back in the SANFL. And i thought he spent time up fwd for the lions?
I'm a huge fan of Skinner's potential, but I understand he's playing SANFL because he was delisted, likely the result of his always being injured.

*I think Skinner would be more of a Hartigan replacement than a TO'B replacement.

If Howe is after more money, I'm not sure Swans have a lot left over. The Buddy deal is still affecting them.
In order to receive a better trade price (better Pick or Player/s), we'd likely pay a bit of his salary.

Makes the deal more appealing to both us & them.

Howe has been a depth player his entire career. Whether he would be playing on the wing in 2022 or across half back, he’s behind most players competing for those spots. Add to that the return of Gunston, Sicily and Impey only further pushes him behind.

If another team came forward during the trade period and offered their second round pick for him, take it and run.

Timmy reminds me a lot of Ryan Shoenmakers. Both showed a lot of potential, they both could play forward or back. They were both serviceable in a role rather than being great. At times teasing us with their potential, but never fully delivering on it.

so I see Timmy as being a stop gap figure, I don’t see him as being a best 22 player next year, I see him more as a player you bring in to cover for injuries ect.

In 2023, where hopefully we have hit the draft, and younger players have developed more. We start going on an upwards trajectory to start playing finals again, I can’t see him being apart of that.

So I think, either offer a contract for 1 more year, take what ever FA pick we can get or delist if no takers.

Schoey is a different beast. He was never cut out to be a defender and he was actually a very capable forward. Unfortunately for him we killed any semblance of confidence and continuity as a forward by persisting playing him down back where he was a whipping boy and target of our own supporters. I think if we hadn't have been so determined to make him into what he clearly wasn't before he did his ACL he may have developed into a very good key forward for us and turned in many performances similar to the 2015 grand final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back