List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where’s Hodgey At?
I heard he had a lounge made out of all his medals, cups and accolades. Now he just chills…

things thanks GIF

I just hope we get the Sicily back from 3-4 years ago and not the one I was watching 12 months prior to his injury trying to finesse with dinky chip kicks around corners, tripping over, jumping into his teammates and holding onto the ball far too long instead of releasing it.

Give me back the old Sicily please.

I just hope we get the Sicily back from 3-4 years ago and not the one I was watching 12 months prior to his injury trying to finesse with dinky chip kicks around corners, tripping over, jumping into his teammates and holding onto the ball far too long instead of releasing it.

fairly sure this was a symptom of our defense being perpetually deer frozen in headlights throughout the hubs more than anything to do with James

it looked like for a lot of 2020 the entire back 6 had absolutely no clue what they were meant to be doing with the ball at any given time

Geez it will make a difference if Sic and Gunners come back and play well, one of Reeves or Lynch step up and guys like Day, CJ, Lewis, Bramble, Worps, Moore, etc have the years we hope they all can have.

Sewell averaged 4.5 tackles per game over his career but also 3.7 clearances. He was a 20 possession per game mid who had a remarkable ability to break tackles and distribute as well as being very effective when not in possession. It is very early days for Newcombe but his main strength so far is tackling. That makes him much more of a defensive mid, whereas Sewell was an inside mid who was equally effective defensively or offensively.

As I see it, either Newcombe or Nash will seize the Sewell role. I doubt there is room for both. At the moment Nash is the more effective distributor.

Incidentally when running the numbers, I was a little surprised to find that JOM not only has a much higher clearance career average than Sewell had but he also has a higher tackle count. We may underestimate JOM's defensive game.
If you watched Newcombe at Box Hill before he was drafted, one of his standout attributes was his handball ability. He could hit players on the chest reliably, even when under great pressure. He consistently made really good decisions whether under pressure or not. He looks to me to be the sort of player that can turn a defensive situation into an attaching one by using the ball effectively.
I can see a role for both Newcombe and Nash. I'm hoping they can rotate through the centre bounces to continually put the opposition under pressure and cause them to make mistakes.

Last edited:
Photo from 2011

076277-jaeger-o-039-meara.jpg

JAEGER O'MEARA

D.O.B: 23/02/1994
Height: 182cm
Weight: 75kg
WAFL club: Perth

THE RUNDOWN:

The Dongara teenager has been touted as the next David Swallow - and for good reason.

WA 18’s best all-rounder has already turned high-profile recruiters in AFL circles, with Fremantle and Greater Western Sydney both reportedly fighting over his future services.

GWS’ draft concessions allow them to select four players nationwide that are 17 this year, who turn 18 in the first four months of next year, then on-trade to other clubs.

O’Meara, 17, is top of WA’s most wanted list. O’Meara is a dynamic midfielder who gained All-Australian selection as a 15-year-old and then was added to the AFL Academy after strong performances at last year’s under-16 national championship.

The Perth colt tested superbly during the recent academy camp. His 2.8sec. over 20m would have placed him third at last year’s AFL Draft Combine. He also showcased his endurance by reaching level 14.3 in the beep test.

To wrap it up – he is technically sound on both feet, can play anywhere in the midfield and is a solid overhead mark for his size.

Pity about his knees

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Ward clip looks so much different from any of his under age stuff, ik it's a scratch game but he just looks quicker.
Once we get past the "oh there really wasn't much going on on that front, who would have thought" Ward's movement is the most eye-catching thing here. He's zipping past Bramble here and that's really saying something.
Dare I say it.... KID

Once we get past the "oh there really wasn't much going on on that front, who would have thought" Ward's movement is the most eye-catching thing here. He's zipping past Bramble here and that's really saying something.
Dare I say it.... KID
That's why it's so good to watch, we know Bramble is lightning and Ward blasts past. Ik it's probably due to Bramble starting behind where Ward was and not pure pace but Ward would be (now) very quick. Compared to what he was under age, from what i've seen.

I could be wrong but Jags looks flat. not long ago he was the man.
He loves training and playing, that injury really did a number on him, sounding more aware of his limitation and seeing the new kids have that zip - but his still a good player just needs to work in those limits.

Ultimately he is better off playing 12-15 games a season if it means he is 100% for each one and finals.

He loves training and playing, that injury really did a number on him, sounding more aware of his limitation and seeing the new kids have that zip - but his still a good player just needs to work in those limits.

Ultimately he is better off playing 12-15 games a season if it means he is 100% for each one and finals.
He did most of his knee injuries ages ago, he really hasn't had any issues with them. He was rested with soreness and had a concussion hardly his fault in 2021.

He did most of his knee injuries ages ago, he really hasn't had any issues with them. He was rested with soreness and had a concussion hardly his fault in 2021.

He’s had substantial issues with them and they’re the reason he’s regrettably never been able to hit the ceiling he had. Still a bloody good player - but he was meant to be a generational player and it just wasn’t to be after the injuries and the Suns’ mishandling of them. He missed most of his first season with us because he still wasn’t right to go, he missed a final in 2018 as a result of a knee knock and he was out this year due to knee soreness. He’s certainly come a long way - but you can’t really say he hasn’t had issues with them since signing with us.

He’s had substantial issues with them and they’re the reason he’s regrettably never been able to hit the ceiling he had. Still a bloody good player - but he was meant to be a generational player and it just wasn’t to be after the injuries and the Suns’ mishandling of them. He missed most of his first season with us because he still wasn’t right to go, he missed a final in 2018 as a result of a knee knock and he was out this year due to knee soreness. He’s certainly come a long way - but you can’t really say he hasn’t had issues with them since signing with us.
No no i meant like major issues with his knee in the last couple years. Last year i don't know if it was knee soreness but what was said was general soreness.

Even then i do agree he's never become the player he should of, because of it.

Even then he's still be an unreal player at times and a genuine A Grader in patches, if he didn't have a concussion against Carlton he has an AA level year because start and end to the season was elite.

No no i meant like major issues with his knee in the last couple years. Last year i don't know if it was knee soreness but what was said was general soreness.

Both times last year it was reported as knee soreness - early in the season then late in the season. Not a major thing as he played a fair portion of games last season - but clearly there’s some lingering impact from the hellish injuries despite overcoming the worst of it. The way he’s going he should hopefully be a 200 game player though so considering he basically missed 3 seasons it’s a damn good achievement and testament to his determination.

Both times last year it was reported as knee soreness - early in the season then late in the season. Not a major thing as he played a fair portion of games last season - but clearly there’s some lingering impact from the hellish injuries despite overcoming the worst of it. The way he’s going he should hopefully be a 200 game player though so considering he basically missed 3 seasons it’s a damn good achievement and testament to his determination.
Yep, idk it was the Saints game and it just said "soreness" and was only reported as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back