List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rather enjoying this phase of the club as a viewer.
The weekend is never ruined if we lose, and I always look forward to seeing the youngsters develop the following week.

In regards to our midfield ... Ward, Newcombe and MacDonald is a great start and have all shown something.
However like Brayshaw, Serong and Noah Anderson, they will need to play 40+ games before they become reliable.

While we wait that out, I'm sure we will continue to rejuvenate.

The midfield looks a whole look different if we can bring in Karl Amon, Sam Flanders and Harry Sheezel.

I'm rather enjoying this phase of the club as a viewer.
The weekend is never ruined if we lose, and I always look forward to seeing the youngsters develop the following week.
It's this period where we mostly suck and wins are few and far between that will ultimately make the next period of success so much more enjoyable.

I remember walking away from some wins during our threepeat era actually disappointed because we only won by 50 points and not 100+. I'm pleased just to see a win these days.

It's this period where we mostly suck and wins are few and far between that will ultimately make the next period of success so much more enjoyable.

I remember walking away from some wins during our threepeat era actually disappointed because we only won by 50 points and not 100+. I'm pleased just to see a win these days.

100% mate, I stressed about the Hawks over that period like it was a full time job.

I was CRUSHED after 2011 and 2012. Could barely watch the 2013 prelim. Made the highs of the threepeat all the more sweet, but there's something so nice about watching a young team develop in the right way.

In 2013 we were beating Melbourne but not thrashing them and I was sitting in a fairly empty Demons members bay because my wife and I wanted to sit in the sun. I was audibly so annoyed that we weren’t pummeling them that Demons members complained to security and I got asked to move to the next bay.

In 2013 we were beating Melbourne but not thrashing them and I was sitting in a fairly empty Demons members bay because my wife and I wanted to sit in the sun. I was audibly so annoyed that we weren’t pummeling them that Demons members complained to security and I got asked to move to the next bay.
Only won by 95 that day, not good enough..

Heard a rumour yesterday that probably is not true in my opinion but has come out of the media ?
That both Wingard & T Mitchell will not be at Hawthorn next year ???

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That’s the thing if promises made to get players into the club has changed under a new coach and direction ……… everyone has to be on the same page. Everyone needs to be happy in their roles for the team/club ……. this is a must but having said this I wouldn’t have a clue.

Heard a rumour yesterday that probably is not true in my opinion but has come out of the media ?
That both Wingard & T Mitchell will not be at Hawthorn next year ???

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hope you’re source is correct. It is not floating around Management world, but we can only hope. Both are good blokes but we need more collateral.

Amon had 26, 10 marks and 10 tackles today.
3 votes.

Pay the coin required and lock him in.

I was at the game with a few neutrals who could not believe how slow Hawthorn were.

It was hard to argue when they walked away from us time after time and we got the ball to our Half forward line 15 times in a hour of footy .

We badly need some pace injected and some papers stamped asap.

Now that Shiels has played his 250th, I hope we don't see much more of him at senior level. I can't see any benefit of selecting him over Maginness for that game, or for the rest of the year.

Howe keeps being a mystery, but once Long or Ward are fit, he really shouldn't get many more games.

I liked Bramble much more up on the wing than I do as a HBF. I'm not seeing a lot of value in Impey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that Shiels has played his 250th, I hope we don't see much more of him at senior level. I can't see any benefit of selecting him over Maginness for that game, or for the rest of the year.

Howe keeps being a mystery, but once Long or Ward are fit, he really shouldn't get many more games.

I liked Bramble much more up on the wing than I do as a HBF. I'm not seeing a lot of value in Impey.

Someone was saying Howe has signed for another season?

I 100% agree with Bramble playing Wing. I haven't understood why he's been stuck in the backline.

I wonder if Tarryn Thomas is gettable.

Understanding there were personal reason for todays showing, but he's out of form and was seemingly out of favour.

Reckon Mitch could show him some love.

A wonderful talent that would complement Newcombes grunt work.

I wonder if Tarryn Thomas is gettable.

Understanding there were personal reason for todays showing, but he's out of form and was seemingly out of favour.

Reckon Mitch could show him some love.

A wonderful talent that would complement Newcombes grunt work.
He’d have to really want to get out of there. Let’s hope, as is suggested, that they will refuse to sack Noble. Could mean he’s gettable.

AFL Talking Points: ARC and ‘crazy idea’ floated to address ugly incidents; Roos’ off-field turmoil twist

Jon Ralph reporting we are going after free agents and we are not trying to tip out the old blokes. That could all be smoke and mirrors of course to try and get better value. Time will tell

There is nobody else aside from Amon who would make the drastic difference to our side that we need.

I don't believe this article for a second in all honesty.

If we're rolling with O'Meara and Mitchell in the midfield in 12 months time we'll likely be 4-10 again IMO.

I’m not as bullish on our recruiting as people here seem to be. Even last year we traded out our third and fourth round picks to teams who are far higher than us so effectively converted pick 40 to 51 and pick 58 to 62. Those points would seem valuable in a potential swap with Brisbane. We need to move on players and get later round picks back to get deeper into this draft and improve our list again.

The midfield looks a whole look different if we can bring in Karl Amon, Sam Flanders and Harry Sheezel.
Not really. It still looks short and undersized. Maybe a dash of speed and better footskills, but we desperately need size and height in our midfield.

I’m not as bullish on our recruiting as people here seem to be. Even last year we traded out our third and fourth round picks to teams who are far higher than us so effectively converted pick 40 to 51 and pick 58 to 62. Those points would seem valuable in a potential swap with Brisbane. We need to move on players and get later round picks back to get deeper into this draft and improve our list again.
There clearly has to be another player cull to open up $$$ and spots.

I don’t think opposition clubs will be coming for many of our midfielders (offering to take them off our hands).

Are you seriously complaining that a 3rd and 4rd round pick has moved back on account of where those clubs will finish, and that’s a query over recruiting?

There clearly has to be another player cull to open up $$$ and spots.

I don’t think opposition clubs will be coming for many of our midfielders (offering to take them off our hands).
Opening up dollars, would have us not meeting the cap floor.

Granted that we’ve signed a few away this year, but cap space is not an issue for our list team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back