List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fergus Greene and Ben Cavarra are a class above the VFL. We could use one of them, if not both, as experienced heads up forward with Butler, Serong and Brockman developing. Both are goal-kicking machines, with both of them 1st and 3rd on the VFL goal-kicking charts, respectively.
I haven’t seen much of cavarra but he is deadly once the ball hits the ground. Not sure how good his skills are but can win it and get a shot off. Very lively. Would his game translate to afl level?

I heard Lions offering Mcstay 450k with extra year to match Pies. If Lions our competition for Gunner then it won’t be about money I would have thought

You think clubs would offer 3 years? I imagine there will be a few 2 year contracts offered.
I think we would offer two with a competitive salary so to get a free agent out you need to offer more years or better terms.

Heppell was offered a 4 year deal by GCS and he isn't kicking bags of five

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McStay is three year younger, his body is more dependable and his numbers are better. I reckon $500 is about right for Gunston at this stage in his career.
Mcstay is a far inferior player who has played 20 or more games in a season twice. Has played 17 games v 14 games for Gunston this year, and mcstay didn’t miss games due to a death in the family. You don’t know mcstay if you think his body is more dependable.

I haven’t seen much of cavarra but he is deadly once the ball hits the ground. Not sure how good his skills are but can win it and get a shot off. Very lively. Would his game translate to afl level?
Ask the Western Bulldogs coaching staff. After all he did play 3 seasons there as an AFL lister for 4 AFL games between the age of 23 and 25.

He was an elite junior who won the Morrish Medal but frankly, unlike Caleb Daniel who is even shorter, his height and lack of leg speed meant he struggled to transition from gun VFL player to the next level.

Mcstay is a far inferior player who has played 20 or more games in a season twice. Has played 17 games v 14 games for Gunston this year, and mcstay didn’t miss games due to a death in the family. You don’t know mcstay if you think his body is more dependable.

Gunston has been remarkably solid. Especially this year, after his back issues. Happy to keep. If he wants to leave I don't begrudge. Saying that, i wish Isaac never left... lol

I don't need to know McStay - I can do the numbers. He has averaged (marginally) more games per season over his playing career than has Gunston, despite Gunston playing in more finals series. McStay has a dependable body and more tread on the tyres. We love Gunston and know he can still turn it on but it is no secret that he has a history of major pack problems and they tend to be recurrent. That risk has to be factored into his contract.

Ferguson another 5 today. Do we consider him as a rookie this year?
Swap him out for Callow?

I don't know if Greene can make it at the next level. Is he quick enough for a medium forward?

Swap him out for Callow?

I don't know if Greene can make it at the next level. Is he quick enough for a medium forward?

Had his cracked at AFL level and not quite good enough. I think he'll be one of those players that are great at the second level, but not quite good enough at the top level. Couldn't see him fitting into our forward line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back