List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he hold back announcing when going to a team, just because they're in finals?

Leaving a team, absolutely...

He may go to Brisbane, but I think people are reading too much into his delay coinciding with their finals
Because the lions asked him to because they don’t want the distraction. Has happened before to them.

I’d say he be chasing one last premiership

Playing in a losing side is wearing thin perhaps. Call me mean spirited, but I think it would disappointing if he is not willing to stick around to help the rebuild, assuming the coin and contract length we offer is not the issue. Benefitted from the good times, like we all did, hope he sticks fat in the hard. Or at least pushes for something meaningful to come back our way.

Sounds like Gunners is leaving.
I'd be curious as to what his motivation may end up being.
Better coin? Longer contract?
It's not like he's not required as a player.
Be sad to see him go

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd say it's fairly obvious - contending for top four and a flag in his final years.

Best 22 next season.

B Sicily Blancke Hardwick
HB Day DGB Jiath
C Morrison Worpel Amon
HF McDonald Lewis Moore
F Wingard Koschitzke Bruest
FOLL Reeves Ward Newcombe
I/C- Butler, Scrimshaw, Nash, O’Meara
Probably the best "best 22" ive seen

Maybe just missing our first pick for Nash

Best 22 next season.

HB Day DGB Jiath
C Morrison Worpel Amon
HF McDonald Lewis Moore
Missing Lynch.
We play 2 rucks when available.
Nash is best 22.

Best 22 next season.

HB Day DGB Jiath
C Morrison Worpel Amon
HF McDonald Lewis Moore
Where’s Frosty?

Be sad to see him go

Isn't it ironic how Hawthorn was very quickly accused of "rorting" the free agency system which basically yielded just James Frawley (B-) key defender when he came to us- who in turn gifted Melbourne pick 3 and now Amon (B + ) which is a good get admitedly. We lost Franklin ( Elite, champion once in a generation player)for pick 18 and have since him have lost Smith - A grade midfielder (massive lost) and most likely now Gunston another A grade forward whos is another huge loss to us. In summary we free agaency has hurt us more than what we have picked up bit no one talks about that in the media ...

Isn't it ironic how Hawthorn was very quickly accused of "rorting" the free agency system which basically yielded just James Frawley (B-) key defender when he came to us- who in turn gifted Melbourne pick 3 and now Amon (B + ) which is a good get admitedly. We lost Franklin ( Elite, champion once in a generation player)for pick 18 and have since him have lost Smith - A grade midfielder (massive lost) and most likely now Gunston another A grade forward whos is another huge loss to us. In summary we free agaency has hurt us more than what we have picked up bit no one talks about that in the media ...
The media get mixed up between trades and free agency pick ups when only discussing Hawthorn.

Free Kick Hawthorn stuff...

Best 22 next season.

HB Day DGB Jiath
C Morrison Worpel Amon
HF McDonald Lewis Moore
Id say Frost in for DGB for best 22 (not best for development though).

Lynch in for Kozi with the resting ruckman moving forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"The Hawks are prepared to offload Tom Mitchell and Chad Wingard next year but have identified Gunston as a required player for 2023."

Tough one isnt it. Hold onto a player that is bored and going through the motions with the Hawks on fairly big coin (Isaac) or cut them adrift for small AFL compensation!!!!

Frawleys job on Kennedy in that GF will always mean that was an A grade free agent pick up for us .

I suspect Gunners, after break up of relationship, injury issues and his fathers passing may need a change of scenery as well .

Sometimes pushing a player to stay can do more damage to the playing group long term.

If he wants out, then we thank him for his service and move him on like we did with Isaac and invest in the next group that really want to be here.

"The Hawks are prepared to offload Tom Mitchell and Chad Wingard next year but have identified Gunston as a required player for 2023."

I don't see us losing Chad unless a highly decent offer came (which it won't) and he was wanting to move.

Tom gone.

Gunston, to be honest, would like to keep him, but it's his call. If he leaves, the bandaid comes off faster than we'd probably like.

Where’s Frosty?

If Jeka, DGB and Blanck continue to develop then I don't see where Frosty fits in our backline. Love the Frost - but just can't see it if we are placing in emphasis on developing players.

I don't see us losing Chad unless a highly decent offer came (which it won't) and he was wanting to move.

Tom gone.

Gunston, to be honest, would like to keep him, but it's his call. If he leaves, the bandaid comes off faster than we'd probably like.
I always look at potential trades from the opposition clubs point of view.

Gunston had a good year, is still a quality footballer who can kick bags of goals (which is rare as hens teeth these days) so worth trading for (pity he is a free agent)

Mitchell still a quality footballer (although limited in what he can do) so worth trading for if you are a club who needs a contested ball winner (probably a pick in the late 20s).

Chad on the other hand, whilst still talented, has huge question marks on his body and longevity so let's face it no club will even entertain a trade for him.

JOM probably same as Chad although he put together a decent year but I just can't see any club putting an offer in given his injury history.

So realistically the only player with trade capital is Mitchell. But I wouldnt bother with a low ball offer, he's to good player to let go for peanuts.

Be sad to see him go

Change of scenery would be a big part of it. Most of his closest mates have now left the club, and with the passing of his father and a fairly recent significant break-up, he might just want to change things up.

Either way, I wouldnt hold it against him.

I always look at potential trades from the opposition clubs point of view.

Gunston had a good year, is still a quality footballer who can kick bags of goals (which is rare as hens teeth these days) so worth trading for (pity he is a free agent)

Mitchell still a quality footballer (although limited in what he can do) so worth trading for if you are a club who needs a contested ball winner (probably a pick in the late 20s).

Chad on the other hand, whilst still talented, has huge question marks on his body and longevity so let's face it no club will even entertain a trade for him.

JOM probably same as Chad although he put together a decent year but I just can't see any club putting an offer in given his injury history.

So realistically the only player with trade capital is Mitchell. But I wouldnt bother with a low ball offer, he's to good player to let go for peanuts.

Agreed

Gunston still has question marks, you'd say, but delivered the goods in 2022.

Change of scenery would be a big part of it. Most of his closest mates have now left the club, and with the passing of his father and a fairly recent significant break-up, he might just want to change things up.

Either way, I wouldnt hold it against him.
Dad passing could mean he wants to stay close to mum. An he is still good mates with Punky and Sam. I am sure Gunston is balancing all the facts up.

Best 22 next season.

HB Day DGB Jiath
C Morrison Worpel Amon
HF McDonald Lewis Moore
Its raw but a year or two together with a good system in place and We will see results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back