List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way man, wingers probably run 5+ more kms per game than HBFs would. Wing would have to be the most endurance-based position in the game, right? Maybe ruck?
Wingers would be but it depends on the type of half back flank, because Sicily has played HBF well and isn't a big runner, while someone like Jiath is the opposite, aswell as Bramble when he played there late last year. It depends on the player.

Fit is fit mate, if he's fit enough to play HBF, he's likely going to be fit enough to play Wing.
He doesn’t have the tank. Have watched him running with the group. He’ll get there in time and can spend some time up there but if you rewatch that game he wasn’t playing pure wing, him and whitefield were launching attacks from hbf. Of course he made it up to the wing and our front half of the ground but that wasn’t his position.

He doesn’t have the tank. Have watched him running with the group. He’ll get there in time and can spend some time up there but if you rewatch that game he wasn’t playing pure wing, him and whitefield were launching attacks from hbf. Of course he made it up to the wing and our front half of the ground but that wasn’t his position.
He started on the wing a few times, most of his disposals came from the wing aswell, his lack of rebounds aswell also show this.

Check his heatmap.
IF he played predominantly wing that game then I’d be surprised. Hbf’s quite often make their way up the ground. He wouldn’t be able to do it week in week out.
Again, watching him running at training he isn’t ready yet. Also never is mentioned in the time trials which shows you he isn’t a prolific runner yet.
You aren’t the only one that wants him to get there but comparing the fitness of a half back flanker to a winger ain’t it.

IF he played predominantly wing that game then I’d be surprised. Hbf’s quite often make their way up the ground. He wouldn’t be able to do it week in week out.
Again, watching him running at training he isn’t ready yet. Also never is mentioned in the time trials which shows you he isn’t a prolific runner yet.
You aren’t the only one that wants him to get there but comparing the fitness of a half back flanker to a winger ain’t it.
It's not comparing the fitness levels because i don't think every winger is the same type, not every winger is a Bramble, Isaac Smith, Tom Scully, Ed Langdon gut running winger.

Day would only be playing wing to eventually move inside tbh.

His heatmap was 90% of his touches on the far wing.

Day never started on the wing. I was at that game. He was awesome off half back giving us great run and carry. He ran up the wings involved in the play multiple times
Either i'm wrong and he never played wing, instead played as a very extremely high half back flank or he did both.

Saying ‘Day playing wing would to be eventually move inside’ isn’t true just because you say it is. Im sure a lot of people hope he might become that modern mid but he may not. Him playing wing would be a benefit to the club if his fitness base was to improve.
I have been to many training sessions (not a flex in anyway) where he has been middle to the back of the pack in terms of running. He isn’t not fit enough YET to play full time wing especially coming back from injury.
Again, you aren’t the only one that wants him to get there.

Saying ‘Day playing wing would to be eventually move inside’ isn’t true just because you say it is. Im sure a lot of people hope he might become that modern mid but he may not. Him playing wing would be a benefit to the club if his fitness base was to improve.
I have been to many training sessions (not a flex in anyway) where he has been middle to the back of the pack in terms of running. He isn’t not fit enough YET to play full time wing especially coming back from injury.
Again, you aren’t the only one that wants him to get there.
I don't think we want him to play full time wing yet, his reading of the play is deadset elite, so valuable everywhere, fitness improves to eventually be able to play as a wing/mid. End goal would be as a midfielder because of his ability inside the contest with his time and space but he's just good at most things.

I'd suspect the wing rotations include CJ aswell, Bramble most likely locked onto one wing with if Sam wants a Howe/Phillips.

But Scrimshaw also could play as a wing, i'd eventually like him as a mid because again he's got the time and space but he's also such an elite dual footed kick he'd be super valuable. He's also pretty well built, not sure on his running but it wouldn't be too bad.

Either i'm wrong and he never played wing, instead played as a very extremely high half back flank or he did both.
It doesnt mean he started on the wing. I didnt see him take a single centre bounce that game. I will check

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll only play Round 1, if he is fit enough to play. If he's fit enough to play he'll play wing.

I don't think we want him to play full time wing yet, his reading of the play is deadset elite, so valuable everywhere, fitness improves to eventually be able to play as a wing/mid. End goal would be as a midfielder because of his ability inside the contest with his time and space but he's just good at most things.
Dude, you just said that if he's fit then he'll play Wing - 4x posts later you reckon we don't want him to play Wing & in that time you've tried to move him to inside mid.

It doesnt mean he started on the wing. I didnt see him take a single centre bounce that game. I will check
Does CBA's show wingers aswell? if so that's helpful.

But from when i watched, he did start on the wing, or i must be blind. I did see him multiple times run straight to the wing tho basically right after the Centre Bounce.

Dude, you just said that if he's fit then he'll play Wing - 4x posts later you reckon we don't want him to play Wing & in that time you've tried to move him to inside mid.
No, i was just saying i don't think Hawthorn would want to play him 100% time wing, as much as i want that. I do think tho if he is fit enough to play in R1, he'll play wing (which i implied would mean he'd play time as a winger.) because he's good at everything.

And if i had it my way i'd chuck him in the *ing deep end and line him up in the centre bounce sooo.

Day never started on the wing. I was at that game. He was awesome off half back giving us great run and carry. He ran up the wings involved in the play multiple times

Was at this game also and this is 100% my recollection.

Will Day had 10 intercepts that day against GWS - he led the stat for the game beating out CJ, Scrimshaw and Hartigan for us. He was absolutely playing as a flanker. Spent a lot of time carving up GWS and running up the wings as a result (as did CJ on the other side of the ground) but he wasn’t playing specifically as a wing.

Last edited:
Fergus Greene, James Parsons and James Blanck have all been invited down to training. Any other new player spotted out there?

Will Day had 10 intercepts that day against GWS - he led the stat for the game beating out CJ, Scrimshaw and Hartigan for us. He was absolutely playing as a flanker. Spent a lot of time carving up GWS and running up the wings as a result (as did CJ on the other side of the ground) but he wasn’t playing specifically as a wing.
There was a lot of behind the goal vision from that game showing exactly that .

It was the start of Joey Montagna's love affair with us and mutually mine of him as my favourite media person😃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back