List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To put it to rest I went through the Kayo replay and checked every centre bounce. Here is the info.
  1. Day did not attend any CB on the wing.
  2. Shiels, Howe, Phillips, Bramble were the 4 that rotated through there.
  3. One CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see one of the wingers as they were not in camera shot.
  4. Another CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see either winger of ours in camera shot.
Fair, he must of ran hard to patrol the wing from half back and that's extra credit to the man!

The blue dots are the actual disposals. They are all over the defensive 2/3 of the field. There are just a few more on one wing that causes the heat map algorithm to call it a cluster but the disposals are mostly evenly spread.
Fair point.

To put it to rest I went through the Kayo replay and checked every centre bounce. Here is the info.
  1. Day did not attend any CB on the wing.
  2. Shiels, Howe, Phillips, Bramble were the 4 that rotated through there.
  3. One CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see one of the wingers as they were not in camera shot.
  4. Another CB deep in the last quarter you couldn't see either winger of ours in camera shot.
Mate i know Day didn't i pay careful attention to the players we play in the middle of the ground and the way we setup. Thanks for checking though :thumbsu:

There was a lot of behind the goal vision from that game showing exactly that .

It was the start of Joey Montagna's love affair with us and mutually mine of him as my favourite media person😃
You don't have to ask me twice.

This toddler was clearly playing as a defender but you can also see can play both ways
Could play Wing - might be one of those toddlers that doesn't have to run as far as the other toddlers because of how smart he is :shrug:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a Whitfield clone. I've said it all along. He also rolls through the wing at times.
Moves identically. Just hope he can develop a tank like Whitfield, probably unlikely as Whitfield is one hell of a runner. Day has already got him covered defensively though.

Moves identically. Just hope he can develop a tank like Whitfield, probably unlikely as Whitfield is one hell of a runner. Day has already got him covered defensively though.
Really like to see Day put on some more weight, does anyone know if he looks a lot bigger this pre-season?

You don't have to ask me twice.

Given that he also predicted lower finishes for us before many of us were prepared to accept it.

The question is gong with the top sides for most of a game and most of a season. since 2016 we've been able to do it in periods (up to six games or so) Having a shocking quarter in most games is not great either.
Maybe in the past we could manage these things better, but 6-6-6 has made it very hard

No it isn't, because he's a different kind of player to Hodge. Day is better suited to the wing than any of our current options.
The thing about day (and hodge) is that he is a match winner and play maker. Fine to be on the wing for some of the time but it can be hard to change the momentum of games if the ball just isn’t getting out there. I think he will be used in multiple positions, wherever he is most needed to turn the match. Pretty much the way we used hodge 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back