List Management | End of year discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 29, 2008
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I've seen this starting to get some discussion on other threads.

We seem to again be in a position where for various reasons its not super obvious who might leave us at the end of the year.

The mandatory 3 out doesn't look clear cut.

We are running with one less on the main list so I'd imagine that influences how many need to be delisted.

For mine I hope no one gets delisted at all. I hope they get traded to another club to continue their journey a la Cheney and Lowden.

For me I can see Litherland and Hill leaving despite how boring that sounds.

Webster and Wilsmore always seem to be spoken of together and also as two that have unrealised potential. I have them right down the pecking order particularly as all of Stewart, Lovell and Hardwick have debuted ahead of them this year.

Would love one or both to debut this year or I won't begrudge either for leaving whether they want to or not

I hope to see Woodward and Stewart upgraded to the main list.

JML might be on borrowed time unfortunately.

Hope we don't see another Anderson/Hallahan/JPK type trade where we lose a youngster we'd prefer to hold on to.

Shoenmakers, Whitecross still have potential to entrench themselves in our B22. Exellent depth at worst.

Fitzpatrick surely deserves another year after his concussion saga.

So to get off the fence...

Outs:
- Main List: Hill, Litherland, Wilsmore
- Rookie List: JML
- Upgrade to senior list: Woodward, Stewart

Leaves two live selections in the main draft and two for the rookie draft if i've done that correctly.

*Webster to be traded if we are lucky enough to land one of Mitchell, Crouch or JOM.

Firstly out of JPK/Jed/Mitch I was only really sad to see one of them go and that was on name alone at the time.
Only one has shown that they can be a good player at this level and we know who that was.

Jed was hype, Mitch a decent slow mid who was behind others in the pecking order. All left for greater opportunities. Gus and Willsmore are the two I could see in that boat.

Webby is more like Spang, rated by the coaches would have played by now if not for injuries.

JML appears to have regressed from his great start and looks at risk. Lachie is coming from such a low base that I expect the club will give him another year on the rookie list.

*Webster to be traded if we are lucky enough to land one of Mitchell, Crouch or JOM.
No point trading him...lucky to get 90 for him at this stage.

Willsmore might get us a pick in the 50s or 60s

No point trading him...lucky to get 90 for him at this stage.

Willsmore might get us a pick in the 50s or 60s
The trades aren't necessarily to net us a good draft pick, more so to make sure they get a go at another club.

I think everyone bar Spangher has some room to improve and unfortunately because we have to move on someone I selfishly would still like to see another club give them a go.

I still enjoy watching Buddy, JPK etc play just not against the Hawks. If we have to lose someone I'd hope I can still see how they turn out elsewhere.

The following players will not make it and we are keeping them until we can recruit better:
Litherland
Webster
Willsmore
O'Rourke
Fitzpatrick
Pittonet
Miles
Miller-Lewis
Woodward
L.Langford

These players will make it (play at least 60 games) and deserve patience:

Burton
Surman
Stewart
Hardwick
Lovell
Brand
Sicily
O'Brien
Hartung
Heatherley
Howe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think five or maybe even six players will be turned over depending on if hill leaves. Spang is certain but Litherland might want out for more opportunity as might willsmore. Webster and miles would be candidates for delisting too. Fitzy may give it away given his concussion issues.

I think we will trade in at least one of jom, Mitchell and crouch. Probably try and find cheap ruck depth. Given the attempt to recruit Carlisle I won't be surprised if we pick up a kpp, especially one that can play forward given the possible absence of roughy for half the year or more.

The following players will not make it and we are keeping them until we can recruit better:
Litherland
Webster
Willsmore
O'Rourke
Fitzpatrick
Pittonet
Miles
Miller-Lewis
Woodward
L.Langford

Burton
Surman
Stewart
Hardwick
Lovell
Brand
Sicily
O'Brien
Hartung
Heatherley
Howe
Bit harsh on JOR, Pitts and Lithers.
I'd give Fitzy another year. Didn't get to show what he can do under Clarko.

Litherland
Webster
Willsmore
O'Rourke
Fitzpatrick
Pittonet
Miles
Miller-Lewis
Woodward
L.Langford

Burton
Surman
Stewart
Hardwick
Lovell
Brand
Sicily
O'Brien
Hartung
Heatherley
Howe

You must have quite an eye TT. You've wiped off Pittonet who is in his second year as a ruckman???

Litherland
Webster
Willsmore
O'Rourke
Fitzpatrick
Pittonet
Miles
Miller-Lewis
Woodward
L.Langford

Burton
Surman
Stewart
Hardwick
Lovell
Brand
Sicily
O'Brien
Hartung
Heatherley
Howe
I have to agree with C-L-A here. What have you seen in Surman that you think he'll make it and in Pittonet that he won't?

From the Inside Huddle talk, Rob the Development showed highlights of Miller-Lewis on that I thought he was travelling ok, Heatherly was also on the reel and he has played so maybe the coaches have seen something we haven't

pretty much going to happen:
Spangher delist
Hill Trade

possible:
litherland trade
webster delist

question marks:
brand
mcevoy

rookies:
L.Langers another year
Stewart upgraded
JML delist
Surman another year
Glass potential upgrade depending on Nash situation

Delist - Spangher and Willsmore
Trade (definite) - Hill
Trade (poss) - O'Brien, Schoenmakers, Litherland and Whitecross

Miles broke his collarbone I don't believe that is that we way roll by delisting him.
He was named an emergency a couple of times so as I say he must have got the corners of the jigsaw together

Remove this Banner Ad

Back