Analysis List management errors

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the way around it is simply that we must have told JJ that he won’t be an automatic selection next year and that we’re moving in a different direction. Happy to honour your contract but it’s going to be reduced through lack of match payment component.
I think you will find the club also sugested he should look at his options. Let's be honest, it's not like Himmelberg is smashing the doors down.

Exactly. Both players are in unique situations where they could lose 50% of their salary to get where they want, that’s what Jenkins said anyway. He wants to play AFL not SANFL which would damage his media career.

Betts wants to go back to Carlton.

Which leads me to my point, Caro was guessing when she said we’d be paying half Betts salary, it was just her opinion and she doesn’t know.
Just a guess by Caro, but would be shocked if we get official confirmation, and a fairly safe guess.

JJ and Betts contracts clearly were a mistake. Lynch and Sloane contracts already looking worrying. List management has definitely given out contracts they should not have.

Whether that is JR's call or not is another question. Is he setting the strategy, or is he executing someone else's strategy.

I think the way around it is simply that we must have told JJ that he won’t be an automatic selection next year and that we’re moving in a different direction. Happy to honour your contract but it’s going to be reduced through lack of match payment component.
Senior players do not receive match payments. Their contract dictates what they get paid. If Jenkins was not to find another home and was here next year playing SANFL, he's getting his full salary. For him, that's seriously affecting his profile that he wants to build for a media job post career. For the club, that's a good players salary and a list spot not having any impact or influence on the senior team. Which is very obviously not good list management

Remove this Banner Ad

Back