List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Schulzenfest and El_Scorcho with his
upcoming opus Butcher&Peace (also known as Structure, what is it good for?) will be the twin furies, raining death and destruction down upon the list managers and coaching staff, leaving only a few players to pull themselves from the smoking rubble of the Alan Scott building.

Absolutely nothin!

Hang on, this sounds more like a Janus piece.

Krak is a frustrating player. His good is good enough to earn a spot in the team. Makes good decisions, hits targets by foot, shuts-down opponents and sets-up play from defence. Then we have the Krak that does the complete opposite.

I'd keep him for one more year.

I see Krak as the kind of player that would excel if we had a better team and more flexibility to play him like we played Wanganeen. Krak is more than capable of playing on a wing and up forward.

I see Krak as the kind of player that would excel if we had a better team and more flexibility to play him like we played Wanganeen. Krak is more than capable of playing on a wing and up forward.
Didn't he start his career at Port playing in those kind of roles. It wouldn't be foreign to him.

Didn't he start his career at Port playing in those kind of roles. It wouldn't be foreign to him.

He was predominately played on the wing in his first year but was moved around a bit after that

On a scale of melted cheese to T-1000 liquified metal goo, just how big of a rant will Schulzenfest go on if O'Shea remains on our list for 2017?

I once told O'Shea he was one of my favourite players moments after I asked if we could take a selfie.

Even he looked surprised.

I felt dirty I asked for a selfie.

I was very drunk though, as usual.

If we get a good deal trading Jonas and no-one is prepared to offer a Pollywaffle for O'Shea... what do you do with O'Shea and Stewart? Who is worse? O'Shea annoys me more than Stewart.
cant understand the love for trading/delisting jonas
He made major gaff... that's all ... everyone is entitled to gaff now and then

;)

Plus the possibility of getting a second rounder for him and that he plays in the position we have most depth in

Combined with poor skills particularly kicking and is slow therefore no run & carry

Agreed, TJ is slower than treacle, he has no skills by hand or foot, and as you said ' has no run and carry! '
He has barely fired a shot for 2 seasons, so if we don't trade him now he is unlikely to be worth anything this time next year.

I happy to keep jonas if that is what happens as he is a very good one on one defender, but with clureys development and the fact that both clurey and hombsch can play tall or small i think if jonas has any trade value it would be worth exploring the options. That doesn't mean trading him for a speculative late pick though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jona was a heart and soul player n 2014 holding some extremely good fwds to little or no score.

NFI what has happened to him since.

The strength of the individual is built on the strength of the team. The team as a whole hasn't quite been clicking, hence players have dropped in confidence and most are not playing at their best.

Last year Jock Cornell was talked about on the Port Adelaide draft thread. He was rookied by Geelong last year but has now been cut. He's the same height as Jimmy Bartel but weighs 5 kilos less(6 now that Jimmy's got the beard). Played no games in 2016, anyone have any ideas on him?

Trade Pittard you're gonna have a bad day Stringer is a selfish twat
In the last minute of the prelim Stringer got the ball inside 50 and had a player totally free in front of goal. And it wasn't as if he was not in full view of him. As it was, Stringer did the right thing and kicked the ball to him but you could just about see him thinking "Jeez, if I don't do the right thing here Bevo's going to kill me." And that's not just do something that turns out to be the right thing, if he'd gone for goal and kicked the goal Beveridge would still have been pissed off at him, and quite rightly too, for doing something that could have given GWS a chance.
After the game Wayne Carey praised him for doing the right thing but I think this had more to do with the fact that he often does the wrong thing and that he plays like Carey used to, although Carey's attempts came off most of the time so with him the individual game was the tem game.

Last year Jock Cornell was talked about on the Port Adelaide draft thread. He was rookied by Geelong last year but has now been cut. He's the same height as Jimmy Bartel but weighs 5 kilos less(6 now that Jimmy's got the beard). Played no games in 2016, anyone have any ideas on him?
I think he's Strops grandson. No joke

I think he's Strops grandson. No joke
His maternal grandfather was a Daniher, father of Neale, Terry, Anthony and Chris.

Strop has three daughters none of whom are Jock's mother, nee Daniher.

Last edited:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-...-make-for-2017?camefrom=EMCL_1286125_49363041

Brad Ebert
The Power will want to retain Ebert, but almost everyone is on the table. Aged 26 and with 190 games of experience, Ebert could be attractive to a club in a premiership window. The former Eagle won't be a free agent. Hold off

Justin Westhoff
Westhoff, who turns 30 on October 1, will need a strong start next season to show he warrants a new deal. Still playing an important role at both ends for the Power. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of 2017. Hold off

Jackson Trengove
The 25-year-old enjoyed a strong season as a makeshift ruckman and will probably return to defence next year. Deserves a new deal, but the Power should wait and see given they've already got a lot of players on long-term deals. Hold off - Lee Gaskin

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-...-make-for-2017?camefrom=EMCL_1286125_49363041

Brad Ebert
The Power will want to retain Ebert, but almost everyone is on the table. Aged 26 and with 190 games of experience, Ebert could be attractive to a club in a premiership window. The former Eagle won't be a free agent. Hold off

Justin Westhoff
Westhoff, who turns 30 on October 1, will need a strong start next season to show he warrants a new deal. Still playing an important role at both ends for the Power. He's an unrestricted free agent at the end of 2017. Hold off

Jackson Trengove
The 25-year-old enjoyed a strong season as a makeshift ruckman and will probably return to defence next year. Deserves a new deal, but the Power should wait and see given they've already got a lot of players on long-term deals. Hold off - Lee Gaskin

Keep.

Trade.

Keep.

Hopefully before next pre season our club gets s**t loads of social media posts from angry and crying supporters about trading our players out because that means we have finally turned a corner in our clubs mind set , i sick of weakness being allowed at our footy club , westhoff is the perfect example of a non hoper senior player which appears to be good for a club but is actually a breeding ground of sub par performances , ruthless clubs win and its why port adelaide is in the AFL because of extremely high standards and ruthlessness and the lack of it is why we have consistently for years on end had humiliating losses season after season , i don't care of the players love each other or not , every player on our list must have extremely high standards and will let there team mates know if there dogging it on and off feild , please port cut this list up and lets start the rebuild while gws have a strangle hold of the comp for the next few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back