List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Broadbent is expendable for sure. whats his value?

Broady is a definite keeper for me but if he was expendable would be worth a late first rounder. O'Shea is the logical delisting or trade if possible, we don't have the luxury of trading guys like Broady because of the non development of our second tiers. Broady, like Stewart, Ebert et al are the lifeblood of the PAFC.

btw, given Bobby has gone into surgery I suspect he has no plans to hang up the boots.

I don't think Butch will be retained, the club will cut its losses, bring in an untried youngster from another club or invest in the draft. Retaining him would suggest that list managers are utterly confused by retaining him on a 1 year contract and not playing him until the end of the season.

There could be method to their madness but I don't get it.

Broady is a definite keeper for me but if he was expendable would be worth a late first rounder. O'Shea is the logical delisting or trade if possible, we don't have the luxury of trading guys like Broady because of the non development of our second tiers. Broady, like Stewart, Ebert et al are the lifeblood of the PAFC.

btw, given Bobby has gone into surgery I suspect he has no plans to hang up the boots.

Bobby would need to be taken care of regardless of staying traded or retirement wouldn't read too much into surgery other than we see no value in holding out in case Bobby is needed this season.

Bobby would need to be taken care of regardless of staying traded or retirement wouldn't read too much into surgery other than we see no value in holding out in case Bobby is needed this season.

Yeah good point, I guess regardless the club is required to undertake the surgery.

Reid yes clangers no! But reid is 27

will be sad to see schulz go at the end of the year.........
Other way around for mine. Schoenmakers gets a bad wrap, mainly from people visiting the bay. He's no superstar but he's a more than serviceable swingman. Having said that, I wouldn't want to pay much for him.

Reid is actually 24, 25 at the start of next year. Having said that, he's had all the opportunity in the world thrown at him at the swans and still hasn't done anything with it. Is a good mark, but that's about it. Doesn't find much of the ball, doesn't defend well, and isn't a threat up forward. Is basically just an ok marking wingman.

Yeah good point, I guess regardless the club is required to undertake the surgery.
Yep. Ben Jacobs went in for surgery just before he went to Norf.

Has Stewy earned himself a 1 year contract? Or delist and rookie?

I think he has been great this year, fair play to him.

Schoenclangers would be an OK pickup as long as we don't let him within 50 feet of the backlines (and with our KPD depth, we wouldn't need to). Showed a bit as a lead-up forward for the Hawks last year. Would be a nice complement to Dixon with their contrasting styles. SA boy too, and wouldn't cost too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schoenclangers would be an OK pickup as long as we don't let him within 50 feet of the backlines (and with our KPD depth, we wouldn't need to). Showed a bit as a lead-up forward for the Hawks last year. Would be a nice complement to Dixon with their contrasting styles. SA boy too, and wouldn't cost too much.

both port and the crows have in the past tried and failed to lure him home. seems to like being a drinks boy at the hawks

His Toby Thurstans moment of trade value, is it?

Disclaimer: I may not have watched much of his play this year at all ;)

On a side note, IIRC we were going hard at Stanley the off season we got Polec 203 I think and the deal was almost done in the last hour of trade period it was either straight swap for o'shea or the less likely, and the pick that got knocked back 45 (mitch Harvey) and we ran out of time. Gee he would be handy right now. That being said in retrospect we probably wouldn't of picked up Ryder then in 2014.

In November 2007 Stephen Wells with Geelong's first round pick ie #17 after Carlton got the Kruz with a pre 1st round priority pick, picked a 21 year old Harry Taylor from the WAFL who was a KPP, had a fully developed body but more importantly was a smart footballer with a big footy brain who was ready to go Rd 1 2008 and slotted in beautifully for the very unlucky Matthew Egan. He has played 195 games or so and will probably retire at the end of next year.

I would like Parker to find a Harry Taylor type with one of first 3 picks ie by the 4th round as we gave away our 2nd rounder for Dixon. I don't necessarily mean a KPP but even a Barlow type would do.

Broadbent might be worth a pick somewhere between 20 to 30.
I wouldn't let him go for anything less.

Broadbent might be worth a pick somewhere between 20 to 30.
I wouldn't let him go for anything less.

Guys like Broadbent are a dime a dozen in the AFL. He doesn't add anything amazing to the team. I'm amazed that we gave him such a long contract.
If we were offered a pick in the 20s I'd take it immediately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back