List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Free market economy?

I don't recall us being offered 2 first rounders for Hartlett.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I thought it was two first rounders on the table but not from the same team. Kangas offered us a 1st rounder and so did Richmond.

North offered 2 first rounders.

Based on their current position and where they will likely finish next year that would be Pick 11 this year and somewhere between 5-10 next year.

I'm not sure this was ever a thing. North offered Hartlett a rumoured $700k per year contract but I don't recall any trade talk.

Had to smile when Fitzpatrick kicked the equaliser today. When Lobbe went down this season there were many posters in here adamant that there was never a backup ruckman available to pick up in last years draft. Draft traded by Melbourne to Hawks :oops:for 5th round selection (not utilised).

When you look at the `Depth outside 22 list', it'd be pretty safe to say that we should be hitting up KPPs and genuine mids for preference.

Carn Portia! KPP's and genuine mids don't come with that unique blend of speed and endurance that you can only get in a half back flanker.

Jon Giles was available for nothing: traded to the Eagles along with pick No.62 in this year's NAB AFL Draft while pick No.57 headed to the Bombers.o_O

Had to smile when Fitzpatrick kicked the equaliser today. When Lobbe went down this season there were many posters in here adamant that there was never a backup ruckman available to pick up in last years draft. Draft traded by Melbourne to Hawks :oops:for 5th round selection (not utilised).
Nice goal that, can'r believe the Collingwood player who was alongside him just wandered off instead of putting pressure on him, unforgivable.

If you look at his draft camp results he is one of the fastest blokes in his year. Huge athletic potential.

Hartlett isn't going anywhere, he doesn't want to go anywhere and is highly unlikely to agree to a trade.

It's not like he is a fringe player, when fit he plays and would never play in the SANFL.

From Adelaide Now behind paywall;
Ebert braced for heads to roll
SEARCHING player reviews will start at Port Adelaide on Monday, with the expectation that the club will take a savage approach to list management. Brad Ebert is already sad about losing mates

There is not a lot more of interest in that article, but here are a couple of quotes:
“It’s sad when you see good mates and guys that you’ve been playing with for such a long time go but after being in the competition for so long you do realise that’s what happens and the boys understand it,’’ Ebert said when the team returned home from Gold Coast on Sunday following its season-ending 23-point win against the Suns.

“We understand there will be changes — some tradings and delistings — and maybe more than some other years.

Having already cut four-times leading goalkicker Jay Schulz and being unlikely to retain fellow forward John Butcher, Port is understood to be targeting a key forward in the off-season.

“I think our core group is there,’’ Ebert said of the list.

“Our structure, the way we try to play is there, it’s just being able to execute it for the whole game.

“And our skills and disposal efficiency have cost us, so they will be the things we work on in the off-season.’’

Now the story of a premiership winning club who lost everything.
And the one Bigfooty poster who had no choice but to waste about an hour going through this so she can righteously complain when we make many fewer cuts than this.
Its Arrested List Management.

First 22 for 2017
Code:
F      Chad Wingard      Aaron Young     Brent Harvey
HF     Karl Amon         Charlie Dixon   Matt White
C      Jarman Impey      Travis Boak     Jared Polec
HB     Jasper Pittard    Tom Clurey      Jack Hombsch
B      Tom Jonas         Logan Austin    Darcy Byrne-Jones
Rucks  Patrick Ryder     Ollie Wines     Robbie Gray
Int    Jackson Trengove  Brad Ebert      Sam Gray    Angus Monfries

DEPTH RETAINED OUTSIDE 22
Mids: Will Snelling - R
KPPs: Dougal Howard
Rucks: Billy Frampton
Flanks: Aidyn Johnson, Jake Neade, Jesse Palmer, Riley Bonner, Dan Houston - R, Cam Hewett - R

ADD DFA

Brent Harvey

TRADE
Brendon Ah Chee
Hamish Hartlett
John Butcher
Justin Westhoff
Matthew Lobbe
Matthew Broadbent

DELIST
Alipate Carlile
Cam O'Shea
Jay Schulz
Jimmy Toumpas
Nathan Krakouer
Paul Stewart
Sam Colquhoun
Kane Mitchell

LIST VIEW
FIRST22 Aaron Young
FIRST22 Angus Monfries
FIRST22 Brad Ebert
FIRST22 Chad Wingard
FIRST22 Charlie Dixon
FIRST22 Darcy Byrne-Jones
FIRST22 Jack Hombsch
FIRST22 Jackson Trengove
FIRST22 Jared Polec
FIRST22 Jarman Impey
FIRST22 Jasper Pittard
FIRST22 Karl Amon
FIRST22 Logan Austin
FIRST22 Matt White
FIRST22 Ollie Wines
FIRST22 Patrick Ryder
FIRST22 Robbie Gray
FIRST22 Tom Clurey
FIRST22 Tom Jonas
FIRST22 Travis Boak

DEPTH Aidyn Johnson
DEPTH Billy Frampton
DEPTH Dougal Howard
DEPTH Jake Neade
DEPTH Will Snelling
DEPTH Jesse Palmer
DEPTH Riley Bonner

R? Dan Houston
R? Cam Hewett
TRADE Brendon Ah Chee
TRADE Hamish Hartlett
TRADE John Butcher
TRADE Justin Westhoff
TRADE Matt Lobbe
TRADE Matthew Broadbent

DELIST Alipate Carlile
DELIST Cam O'Shea
DELIST Jay Schulz
DELIST Kane Mitchell
DELIST Jimmy Toumpas
DELIST Nathan Krakouer
DELIST Paul Stewart
DELIST Sam Colquhoun

arrested-development-lucielle-650-430.jpg

well said, pretty much spot on for me. I only disagree with the Hartlett, Broadbent and Westhoff trades.

Only because all are contracted, all are picked when fit and all need to agree to a trade, they aren't fringe players. Unless Ken tells them otherwise, they aren't going anywhere.

Carlile will be interesting, will he retire voluntarily?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now the story of a premiership winning club who lost everything.
And the one Bigfooty poster who had no choice but to waste about an hour going through this so she can righteously complain when we make many fewer cuts than this.
Its Arrested List Management.
And I read the first part and my head was going -
Here's a story,
of a lovely lady,
who wanted to be list manager for the club.

"Hinkley said the success of Ollie Wines (pick seven in 2012) and Chad Wingard (pick 6 in 2011) showed the club's recruiting team know what they're looking for."

C'mon Ken, you didn't need to be a rocket scientist to pick those two.

There is not a lot more of interest in that article, but here are a couple of quotes:
If we replace Schulz and Butcher with Vickery and Dawes we are no chance for finals.

And I read the first part and my head was going -
Here's a story,
of a lovely lady,
who wanted to be list manager for the club.
giphy.gif

Vickery is a firm no and is hanging on for dear life as a first 22 at Richmond, not sure why we'd want him.

If we replace Schulz and Butcher with Vickery and Dawes we are no chance for finals.

IF Butch goes as well, it'll surely be because we've targeted and landed a decent KPF via trade - in spite of Ken's comment that we'd be keeping out first pick this year. Possibly we learned from Ken unadvisedly putting our cards on the table early last trade period for Dixon and we're STFU this time around.

There's an alleged bucket of money to play with for 2017, then Westhoff, Carlile and Trengove's contracts are up. So I hope our sights are set higher and with a longer term view than Vickery, Dawes or Cloke.

And if he doesn't and we target a higher grade of inside mid, the likes of Sam G & Arch who are bumped to depth may see a benefit in going elsewhere so they play each week - they have to do that to stay on the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IF Butch goes as well, it'll surely be because we've targeted and landed a decent KPF via trade - in spite of Ken's comment that we'd be keeping out first pick this year. Possibly we learned from Ken unadvisedly putting our cards on the table early last trade period for Dixon and we're STFU this time around.

There's an alleged bucket of money to play with for 2017, then Westhoff, Carlile and Trengove's contracts are up. So I hope our sights are set higher and with a longer term view than Vickery, Dawes or Cloke.

And if he doesn't and we target a higher grade of inside mid, the likes of Sam G & Arch who are bumped to depth may see a benefit in going elsewhere so they play each week - they have to do that to stay on the radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd keep Butcher, trade Lobbe and bring in Nankervis on the cheap and draft a KPF with a late pick.

That way we have Dixon, Hoff(roamer), Butcher, Nankervis(also ruck), Howard(also ruck/def), New Kid.

Then in the ruck we have Ryder(also fwd), Trengove(also def), Nankervis(also fwd), Howard(also fwd/def), Frampton.

There would be a bunch of versatility there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back