List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade

Oshea - to saints for pick 46

Neade - for broomhead (or another club for pick for broomhead)

Lobbe - club for 2nd round pick

Ah chee - (don't want him gone but is not re signed so I think he is gone) for third round pick.

Out- lobbe, Oshea , Neade , ah chee

In - 2nd rounder , pick 46 , 3rd rounder, broomhead.

We go to draft with pick 9, 2nd rounder , pick 45, 46, and another 3rd rounder. So 5 draftpicks under 50.

gives us a real chance to add some prospects.

We just gave Neade a 2 year extension, I don't think he's going anywhere.

Ah Chee is probably on his way though, maybe we can trick GC into giving back our 2nd rounder!! (the one we gave up in the Dixon trade)

Carlile to announce retirement today. Reported by Tom Chadwick.

The right call imo, and a good indication that we've got faith in Austin and Clurey. I reckon we'll need to draft one tall defender this year though. Looks like we'll be in KPP mode this year.

I'm just not sure what we do with Trengove tbh. He's not a premiership quality defender. I think he should focus on ruck/def while ryder focuses on ruck/fwd. I don't see a place for Lobbe, but i'm fully prepared to groan when I see we play all of Trengove, Lobbe and Ryder.

Well there goes Bobby.

We've now made 4 main list cuts and 1 rookie list cut. I could very well see that being it. Maybe Stewart is still to go depending upon O'Shea, but I definitely can't see us cutting many more now or we become exposed to really late draft picks hurting our depth.

We'll now have
ND Picks - Pick #9, Pick #45, Pick #63, Pick #81, Pick #99 (Krak upgrade)
RD Pick - Pick #9

We definitely dont want to be using the picks beyond that 80 range on anything other than upgrades. Mind you we could take a 39 man list into the season again and use 2 rookie picks.

If O'Shea doesn't go maybe Stewart is cut and Snelling gets a promotion. Alternatively if O'Shea is traded hopefully we can upgrade pick #45 to a 2nd rounder and in that case Stewart would seemingly survive.

So now it's OUT: Hoon, Butcher, Mitchell, Carlile, Schulz

That's a fair few changes. I'm not convinced we will make too many more unless they are for trades.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So now it's OUT: Hoon, Butcher, Mitchell, Carlile, Schulz

That's a fair few changes. I'm not convinced we will make too many more unless they are for trades.
You'd imagine Snelling will be upgraded to the main list. So that's 2 rookie list spots and 4 main list spots.

I would still reckon we drop another rookie - Hewett or Houstin, as there is still enough buzz around that Stewart may be rookied. I would also suspect we will delist O'Shea if nobody trades for him.

Sad to see Bobby retire but it's the right decision. As he has a contract for next year, he may not be delisted.
REH probably knows, but what is the ruling around this stuff. If he retires and decides to terminate his contract does the club not pay him, but his theoretical salary is included in the salary cap? Or can he just be properly cut from both, or does he need to be paid out and salary included.

It would seem really strange that if a player agrees to terminate the contract that a club would be forced to pay it out. If the club made the decision then fair enough, but not when the player makes the call.

Either way IMO there's no point him being left on the list. We're either paying him out regardless but we gains a spot, or we're free to use the money and spot.

Well there goes Bobby.

We've now made 4 main list cuts and 1 rookie list cut. I could very well see that being it. Maybe Stewart is still to go depending upon O'Shea, but I definitely can't see us cutting many more now or we become exposed to really late draft picks hurting our depth.

We'll now have
ND Picks - Pick #9, Pick #45, Pick #63, Pick #81, Pick #99 (Krak upgrade)
RD Pick - Pick #9

We definitely dont want to be using the picks beyond that 80 range on anything other than upgrades. Mind you we could take a 39 man list into the season again and use 2 rookie picks.

If O'Shea doesn't go maybe Stewart is cut and Snelling gets a promotion. Alternatively if O'Shea is traded hopefully we can upgrade pick #45 to a 2nd rounder and in that case Stewart would seemingly survive.

changes from here on in will completely depends on who we trade out. like i've said 20 times already, if we get the picks i'm happy to bat deep into the draft. currently this is as much as you want to delist.

3 days in the club gets a pass from me. big month coming though.

It's going to be interesting.

What are we up to? 7 new players in next season at this stage? And that's without any potential trades of Lobbe/O'Shea.

With Ken's commentary that we need to build the list through the draft as well as win now, I can see some plug and play dudes coming in via trade or free agency. We wont be bringing in 7-9 draftees.

Trade

Oshea - to saints for pick 46

Neade - for broomhead (or another club for pick for broomhead)

Lobbe - club for 2nd round pick

Ah chee - (don't want him gone but is not re signed so I think he is gone) for third round pick.

Out- lobbe, Oshea , Neade , ah chee

In - 2nd rounder , pick 46 , 3rd rounder, broomhead.

We go to draft with pick 9, 2nd rounder , pick 45, 46, and another 3rd rounder. So 5 draftpicks under 50.

gives us a real chance to add some prospects.
Not bad. But reckon we also consider a Broadbent and even a Westhoff in a trade - to increase value of picks.

Would Port entertain trading Trengove? How valuable is he to you guys?
He's very valuable and under contract. Trading him out for simply a pick would set our list back a fair bit, so I'd imagine it'd have to be a very good player, or your first pick and a player.

Would Port entertain trading Trengove?

Probably not, though some here remain adamant that he will request a trade back to Victoria. Their feelings are based entirely upon speculation surrounding his personal life, and an unfounded, four-month-old rumour conceived by some guy, on some other board, who simply wanted Trengove at his own club.

Don't you love post-season hysteria?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back