List Mgmt. List management for 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Lennon's ok, haven't been able to see too much of him due to injury. Hasn't blown the world away at VFL, and had a fair few disappointing matches at AFL level - albeit for a poor team and he is still a young player.

I'd rather not take him. Don't think he has it in him to be a permanent midfielder and we need players who are more consistent in their output.

Ben Lennon is shocking. Went too early but Richmond had a hard on for him as he impressed them when he trained with them that pre season for the AIS.

Please no trading HH. He hasn't had a great season but probably played out of position a bit. For me, if we traded him, it would be like watching S Burgoyne leave. We're not going to get anyone more talented than HH in any deal. If the coaches are not getting 100% out of him, they are the problem. IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With a team lacking elite disposal or players with it trading Hartlett would be a massive backwards step I think. He's easily one of or our best kicks by a long way I can't see the value in letting him go.

I can't see us having alot of currency in the trade period with (thankfully) our first rounder being off the table. I think O'Shea may have some trade value, Lobbe as well but not alot.

Hoping we can jag a key forward for depth and draft one with who our delistings have been.

Won't shock me to see a name get moved, don't think Hartlett will be that name though.

Don't want Lennon. He's a reasonable talent and we could use his kicking skills, but no paying up for flankers please. Unless we could swap him for Lobbe, in which case sign me the * up.

I still can't believe we gave Jake Neade a 2 year contract extension. I'd happily delist him now if we had the option. Give me Hoon or Butcher over Neade any day.

I'd break the list down into four categories: genuine AFL player, can come in and have a genuine impact at AFL level more often than not; developing, young players that have shown quality at AFL level but need time to develop; fringe, older players who have had time to develop but haven't been able to have a consistent impact at AFL level; others, who haven't had time to show their stuff yet.

Genuine (14): Boak, Broadbent, Dixon, Ebert, R Gray, Hartlett, Hombsch, Pittard, Polec, Ryder, Trengove, Westhoff, Wingard, Wines
Developing (7): Amon, Austin, Bonner, Byrne-Jones, Clurey, Impey, Snelling
Fringe (11): Ah Chee, S Gray, Krakouer, Lobbe, Monfries, Neade, O'Shea, Stewart, Toumpas, White, Young
Others (6): Frampton, Hewett, Houston, Howard, Johnson, Palmer

We have 14 genuine quality AFL players (this isn't saying they're all guns, but they are all able to compete well at the top level - down patches excluded) which cover all areas of the ground and in general is a pretty damn good bunch of players. Contrast that to the fringe players. We know that S Gray, Krakouer, White and Young can all be pretty damn good on their best days, the question is how often can they pull this out? You can afford to carry a few fringe players that are inconsistent, but provide real damage on their good days (White for us, Rohan at the swans, Douglas at the crows). Our problem is we probably have too many of those and not enough of the Stewart types who may not ever really have a great game of AFL, but you know they're going to give a pretty decent effort if they're called up last minute.

IMO we need to be moving some of those fringe players and trying to replace them with guys that aren't superstars but we know will be able to fill a role - the type of trade some people would coin as "Moneyball". I think all of Neade, O'Shea, and Ah Chee need to go elsewhere and other clubs would be interested in trading for them (not necessarily a lot). Other guys like Young and S Gray we know other clubs are interested in but given they're at the upper end of the fringe list we'd need pretty good incentive to let them go.

How do you differentiate developing from the others category based on the 3 players I highlighted?

Don't want Lennon. He's a reasonable talent and we could use his kicking skills, but no paying up for flankers please. Unless we could swap him for Lobbe, in which case sign me the **** up.

I still can't believe we gave Jake Neade a 2 year contract extension. I'd happily delist him now if we had the option. Give me Hoon or Butcher over Neade any day.

I forget how harsh you are sometimes...

5 new players at the moment.

ND Picks ~ Pick #9, Pick #45, Pick #63, Pick #81, Pick #99 (Krak Upgrade)
RD Pick - Pick #9

It's looking good, just need to trade for a second rounder (step forward o'shizzle)
Maybe send one of the high picks away for ruck depth or a pure athlete project.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back