List Mgmt. List Management: Which players will retire or be delisted/traded? Poll

Which players will retire or be delisted?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Caddy, Lambert and Parker have already retired.
Edit : Shane Edwards retired today 16/08/22.
Cotchin and Riewoldt are playing on.

Last edited:

Dusty?
Castanga aarts RCD Martyn should all go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How many list changes do you think we’ll have? With Lambert and Caddy already gone and Edwards likely to go, I doubt we’ll delist more than 2 or 3 players. No way Castagna is delisted

How many list changes do you think we’ll have? With Lambert and Caddy already gone and Edwards likely to go, I doubt we’ll delist more than 2 or 3 players. No way Castagna is delisted
We might as well trade him and pay half the salary, because he won't be playing seniors again, our young players have gone past him.

Dusty?
Castanga aarts RCD Martyn should all go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Aarts is a rookie do no penalty to lust, Geogre is contracted, Martyn and RCD would be on soft ground , the only new retiree will be edwards

We might as well trade him and pay half the salary, because he won't be playing seniors again, our young players have gone past him.
I agree that we should facilitate a Castagna trade. I doubt he’ll get back as younger players appear to have passed him.

Will Martyn is a certain out. George has one more year on his contract so he will likely play that out in the VFL. RCDs lack of improvement and sustained VFL slightly above par performances aren’t gonna keep him in. Mansell is a bust imo, great player but I just don’t see him coming in with the list we have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sort of had this discussion in the VFL thread recently with a poster. RCD, Martyn and Aarts imo are dead. Castagna needs to be traded and i don't know if we can con any club into it. Collina i think is futureless, but he's a project and I don't really care if we put another 1-2 years into him. Jack i think should retire, but our tall forwards are a worry and If Lynch goes down it could get ugly up forward for us as we found out. So having Jack is a weak insurance. Cotchin has been amazing all season and rolls on again easily. Edwards should retire now, but he won't.

Sort of had this discussion in the VFL thread recently with a poster. RCD, Martyn and Aarts imo are dead. Castagna needs to be traded and i don't know if we can con any club into it. Collina i think is futureless, but he's a project and I don't really care if we put another 1-2 years into him. Jack i think should retire, but our tall forwards are a worry and If Lynch goes down it could get ugly up forward for us as we found out. So having Jack is a weak insurance. Cotchin has been amazing all season and rolls on again easily. Edwards should retire now, but he won't.

I can’t see why you would come this far with Colina and turn back without putting some full pre-seasons into him. I am reserving judgement on him, it is clear at present he is(understandably) nowhere near VFL standard, but he is a good punt for the club to take imo.

Obviously we have already cleared two list spots with Lambert and Parker and you would have to think Edwards is certain to join them.

Aarts, and Martyn look certain delists.

It seems difficult to work out what has gone on with RCD. He has just about proven he is not a midfielder. Why they haven’t given him a run somewhere else a la Will Martyn puzzles me a bit.

Castagna is mature depth at least but like RCD a good candidate to be re-homed if another club wants either or both of them.

So the moves look pretty obvious, but no doubt something unexpected will happen.

Delist: Aarts, Martyn both too slow for top level footy.

Retired: Lambert, Parker, Edwards

Re-home or steak knived: Collier-Dawkins, Castagna

Beside those happy to keep the list stable, definitely persevering with Mansell, he plays well. Not shocked if in a busy trade season maybe Soldo or one of the youngsters ends up at a different club as part of a deal.

Overall we should open up about 6 list spots. I wouldn’t be surprised if we bring in about 3 mature players, hopefully one of them being a gun, take 1-2 decent picks to the draft and 1-2 rookie type players through the SSP or rookie draft.

Within 2 years up to about 7 useful players should hit 23 years of age and enter their prime, with as many as another 8-10 more to come in the two years after that. The best 12-13 of those will form more than half of our team in 4 years time. We just need to be patient with most of them and cut the few that look like they are going nowhere.

I can’t see why you would come this far with Colina and turn back without putting some full pre-seasons into him. I am reserving judgement on him, it is clear at present he is(understandably) nowhere near VFL standard, but he is a good punt for the club to take imo.

Obviously we have already cleared two list spots with Lambert and Parker and you would have to think Edwards is certain to join them.

It seems difficult to work out what has gone on with RCD. He has just about proven he is not a midfielder. Why they haven’t given him a run somewhere else a la Will Martyn puzzles me a bit.

Castagna is mature depth at least but like RCD a good candidate to be re-homed if another club wants either or both of them.

So the moves look pretty obvious, but no doubt something unexpected will happen.

Beside those happy to keep the list stable, definitely persevering with Mansell, he plays well. Not shocked if in a busy trade season maybe Soldo or one of the youngsters ends up at a different club as part of a deal.

Overall we should open up about 6 list spots. I wouldn’t be surprised if we bring in about 3 mature players, hopefully one of them being a gun, take 1-2 decent picks to the draft and 1-2 rookie type players through the SSP or rookie draft.

Within 2 years up to about 7 useful players should hit 23 years of age and enter their prime, with as many as another 8-10 more to come in the two years after that. The best 12-13 of those will form more than half of our team in 4 years time. We just need to be patient with most of them and cut the few that look like they are going nowhere.
Hi MR, You really only partially quoted my sentence on Colina. I personally think he's futureless, but it's good that we have a look at his development over the next 1-2 years is probably how i should have worded it.

Collina i think is futureless, but he's a project and I don't really care if we put another 1-2 years into him.

Last edited:
Hi MR, you really only partially quoted my sentence on Colina. I personally think he's futureless, but it's good that we have a look at his development over the next 1-2 years is probably how i should have worded it.

Collina i think is futureless, but he's a project and I don't really care if we put another 1-2 years into him.

Yes I didn’t understand your post as saying he should be delisted, I just wanted to add to your point. He is a long shot no doubt. But while he is making the effort to see how far he can get, it has to be worth the club investing in him. The potential upside is obvious if he does improve sharply with development.

* me we have what us 3 picks under 30 surely we use those in sone way

* me we have what us 3 picks under 30 surely we use those in sone way

Yes but I expect we will be trading at least one of them out for an established player, and probably end up taking about 2 decent picks to the draft. As per my post we already have 18 young players who should remain on our list for next year, about 12-13 of which we can reasonably expect to be best 22 as they enter their prime over the next 4 years. So we don’t need volume from the draft, just quality.

I
Im surprised you think Cotchin has been amazing TI. I’d say he’s been serviceable. He’s disposal and decision making has become average at times. I do get what he brings to the club just don’t think he’s having as much influence as some make out.

Back