List Mgmt. List Management: Which players will retire or be delisted/traded? Poll

Which players will retire or be delisted?

• Total voters

rammbo

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2011
victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
He was 193cm in all his draft notes, even said so on an interview.
Not that it matters much, not doing all that well. Might stay on the list due to lack of inside mids but not holding my breathe.

Reece Conca was 185cm on the RFC website for years.
RCD was 193cm when drafted you are correct but he dropped back to 189 cm the next year and then I believe he got to 191cm the next year or two he may well be 193 195 or even 170 now who knows🤔

May 23, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Already gone:
Caddy, Parker, Lambert, Edwards

Likely to be delisted:
Aarts, Martyn

6 spots;
2 upgrades for Stack and Pickett
3 spots for the draft
1 for Taranto
I wonder if we do a swap: Soldo for Taranto, with some swapping of draft picks. As an earlier poster noted, this seems to be a win-win for both clubs. It would give us an extra selection at the national draft.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought Parker was a rookie also, which would make it 4 senior list spots.

Parker
Aarts
Bauer
Pickett
Stack
Miller
Biggie

I’m not 100% sure that Pickett hasn’t yet been elevated.
Yep you are right, I forgot about Parker too, so still not enough senior list spots
Both Stack & Pickett must be elevated to be retained

Asb1735

Rookie
Nov 6, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Retire: Edwards (Main List), Lambert (Main List), Parker (Rookie List), Caddy (Main List)
Delist: Aarts (Rookie List), Martyn (Main List)
Unknown: Stack (Rookie List) - Probably keep but I am not 100% sure
Trade In: Taranto?
Trade Out: ? - No one had shown interest in any of our players

Rookie List -> Main List: Pickett, Stack (possibly)
Main List -> Rookie List: RCD, Someone else if we get Taranto and want to keep Stack (Maybe Castagna if possible)

Last edited:
Yep you are right, I forgot about Parker too, so still not enough senior list spots
Both Stack & Pickett must be elevated to be retained

That’s my understanding.

That’s why I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved RCD to the rookie list as well as Martyn. Reason being is that I think we would rather not take three list spots for both senior and rookies.

What I don’t know is whether we can move a contracted player to the rookie list (Castagna and/or Mansell maybe) and still be honoring their contract.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
That’s my understanding.

That’s why I wouldn’t be surprised if they moved RCD to the rookie list as well as Martyn. Reason being is that I think we would rather not take three list spots for both senior and rookies.

What I don’t know is whether we can move a contracted player to the rookie list (Castagna and/or Mansell maybe) and still be honoring their contract.
I tend to agree, while I could see Martyn being delisted, it will be interesting to see if the club wants to give our kids more of a chance to develop on the rookie list after Covid ruined so much of the VFL seasons.
We could delist Castagna with a year to run on his contract, and then rookie him, it's been done by other clubs (Polec at Norf :D)

Falcon3518

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 13, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
So do we get rid of Soldo now and start playing Colina or Ryan in the ruck? Could use Soldo in the Taranto trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
So do we get rid of Soldo now and start playing Colina or Ryan in the ruck? Could use Soldo in the Taranto trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If GWS are interested in Soldo it'd be smart business to involve him in the trade. Colina is more likely to never play a game than he is to get just one but with Miller and Samson and Balta if need be we have coverage. Can always take a mature ager in the MSD if we get desperate.

Feb 6, 2019
Murfreesboro, TENN
AFL Club
Richmond
We could delist Castagna with a year to run on his contract, and then rookie him, it's been done by other clubs (Polec at Norf :D)
Castagna will be our next 300-gamer, without having to play more than a quarter.
Dimma loves him - permanent medi-sub.
Ony thing that will stop him is when they ban the ridiculous medi-sub.

Back