List Manager Rosich

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not just give him the job then?
http://m.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2017-07-19/meet-freos-talent-spotters

As per the link above they have quite a large recruitment team. Walls has been in his role as Recruitment Manager since 2008. They are replacing Brad Lloyd who was General Manager of List Management. So no Walls won’t be replacing Lloyd.

My point was that between Rosich and Bell (and Bond hanging around as part of the handover/transition) not a lot will change for this draft. The cobblers have been doing their thing. Brad Lloyd’s biggest role related to contract status, trading in/out and then managing the overall list in terms of delisting and incoming traded players and rookies.

We seem to have a very high number of players coming out of contract in 2019 so the new General Manager of List Management will hit the ground running.

Peter Bell said on Saturday that the new List Manager won’t be announced until January. The reason being is that we don’t actually need one until then.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Don’t need one by then? Very odd thing to say. We could have signed every 1st year player to 2 year extensions by then. List management should be in full swing now surely? All players are on Christmas leave , discussions should be occurring with players , managers scouts current list analysis. It’s deeply concerning as a professional organisation that a replacement had not been identified or even a shortlist.

It’s deeply concerning as a professional organisation that a replacement had not been identified or even a shortlist.

So our long standing list manager leaves in the shadow of the trade and draft period, and you expect us to have recruited a replacement while the majority of the candidate pool is dealing with its busiest time of the year. Lloyd created the issue (s!*@ happens), and I support the club taking all the time required to find the best possible candidate. Now is the best hunting period, but even then, these guys will be taking much needed breaks following the culmination of their years and the Christmas season is also likely to impact.

They will absolutely have a long list by now and most likely even a short list.

Don’t need one by then? Very odd thing to say. We could have signed every 1st year player to 2 year extensions by then. List management should be in full swing now surely? All players are on Christmas leave , discussions should be occurring with players , managers scouts current list analysis. It’s deeply concerning as a professional organisation that a replacement had not been identified or even a shortlist.

Hackdorn said today that the Dockers have made their selection and are informing the unsuccessful applicants. Hackdorn can't find out who the successful applicant is, but at least we don't leak like we used to.

Hackdorn said today that the Dockers have made their selection and are informing the unsuccessful applicants. Hackdorn can't find out who the successful applicant is, but at least we don't leak like we used to.
He just left training. Over heard a phone conversation he was having about it. He is such a slimy perverted disgusting individual. He watched about 10 minutes total of training and perhaps spent more time perving at a mother who was walking around with her kids and hubby. So gross. I don't know why he still has a job. His sole purpose seems to find absolutely anything slightly negative and try and make a story out of it. I avoid everything he is associated with.

So our long standing list manager leaves in the shadow of the trade and draft period, and you expect us to have recruited a replacement while the majority of the candidate pool is dealing with its busiest time of the year. Lloyd created the issue (s!*@ happens), and I support the club taking all the time required to find the best possible candidate. Now is the best hunting period, but even then, these guys will be taking much needed breaks following the culmination of their years and the Christmas season is also likely to impact.

They will absolutely have a long list by now and most likely even a short list.

Bond in his exit stated we have been having ongoing discussions about his next progression and handover. They had all the time in world during 2018 to be canvassing applicants. The club was aware change was going to occur.

Good Clubs like corporates (should) have succession planning for every role including CEO, coach and Chairman, the fact the CEO is acting in the list manager role speaks they had no idea who the next person was or planned for.

It’s not in the “sh!t happens” category.

so tell me how our trade/draft period could have gone better this year with someone in the List Manager role?

I personally can't see how. In fact, I've been so happy with Bell wearing different hats since starting, I would be happy to give him the S&C manager role too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so tell me how our trade/draft period could have gone better this year with someone in the List Manager role?

I personally can't see how. In fact, I've been so happy with Bell wearing different hats since starting, I would be happy to give him the S&C manager role too.

If we have already extended Blakely, Hamling and Langdon's contract, and then Logue.

3 of those 4 are West Aussies. Are we concerned that they may leave? To go where?

Bond in his exit stated we have been having ongoing discussions about his next progression and handover. They had all the time in world during 2018 to be canvassing applicants. The club was aware change was going to occur.

Good Clubs like corporates (should) have succession planning for every role including CEO, coach and Chairman, the fact the CEO is acting in the list manager role speaks they had no idea who the next person was or planned for.

It’s not in the “sh!t happens” category.

Bond had been openly discussed as a candidate for roles in other clubs for several years - but you don't invoke a recruitment process until there's a resignation. Succession planning only helps you out if there is a suitable internal candidate - that’s not always the case and the higher the position in the organisation, the more likely it is that the process will require internal candidates to be benchmarked against external candidates.

Remember in all this that the list management function still exists; it’s just that the head of the function position is vacant. The vast majority of day to day tasks will be getting done.

I am fairly sure we had a short list prior to the D&T period but with Bell assuming the role of GM, Football (after we let Bond go) he held things up as he no doubt wanted involvement in the selection process given the criticality of the position.

It will be interesting to see who gets selected. I got the impression today it is someone already in the inner circle with Fremantle, and by their selection it stepped on the toes of a bunch of other quality applicants. No doubt if true, "some" of the media will spin it as jobs for the boys. If it ends up someone external/new I am sure those same people will still find a way to spin it negatively.

I don't have a huge problem with the delay to Jan/Feb for a new list manager. I rate what Rosich, Bell and Walls did this off season extremely highly. Would a new list manager have tried to bring their own spin on things too early and stuffed up the focus on what the club needed to achieve? I also very much doubt Freo is sitting on their hands regarding contract extensions whilst we don't have a list manager in place.

Because every bit of planning and list management was going on November 2017 with every traded player we received was planned for this time last year, when Bond and Lloyd would have spoken with Jesse, Travis , Rory and Reece. Bell started two weeks before trade, he wasn’t the reason they happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back