List Manager Rosich

Remove this Banner Ad

Colin Young just on SEN - Whately asked if he was gonig to become our list manager, and he says he hasn't been spoken to, is happy what he's doing and won't be "the General Manager of List Management at Freo footy club" next year.

Also said it's Freo v Richmond for Conca, and that he (understandably) has no idea if Hogan will go, but that Rosich said he hadn't spoken to Hogan or his management when they spoke about Conca earlier in the week. Confirmed that Rosich will be doing the trading on the club's behalf, and will be working with Walls on the draft side.
Does this mean we wont have a list manager for this off-season, is this concerning to anyone else?

Does this mean we wont have a list manager for this off-season, is this concerning to anyone else?

It seems that way, but it could be as simple as Young not having discussed the list manager vacancy at all (not just with respect to his possible candidacy), and Rosich saying that's what the current arrangements are.

Rosich and Ross will work closely this off season with whoever we get you'd imagine

I would rather Rosich do it this trade period then someone who wouldn't be totally conversant with where everything is at. Rosich would be around everything.
Yeah makes sense to me given the timing of Lloyd's departure to the end of season. Rosich/Lyon/Walls/Bell should be able to see it through without too much of a utensil-up

Big few weeks for this chap! Big few weeks for our club imo. We’re clearly at the crossroads and we need this guy to come through with the goods to get some quality on our list.

I reckon he’s hard at work atm and we’ll look back at his list manager stint with fond memories. He’s an intelligent fella and can clearly talk the talk. Can he walk the walk? I think so.

Yeah makes sense to me given the timing of Lloyd's departure to the end of season. Rosich/Lyon/Walls/Bell should be able to see it through without too much of a utensil-up
We have Bondy hanging around to help out as well. Should be fine. No need to rush the appt and get it wrong for sake of just bringing them in for ND.

From the limited vision we get Walls seems to have played a leading hand at the past couple of National Combines.

Reality is we have to trust that we didn’t simply rely on one guy

One person coming in a week (s) before the draft is likely to provide anything outside our normal data gathering process throughout the year

And I’d be surprised if we gave him enough rope to make a bold and otherwise decision that isn’t aligned to our recruiting strategy

But I do hope we get someone with at least a track record and good contacts within the industry, next 2 years are critical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like he is getting on with things.

Happy with Connca

On trade radio he was just interviewed and doubt he will be a push over

Hope he gets hogan lobb and Duncan in also. Would be all great gets and we’ll look a lot better especially if we can hang onto another early pick in draft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i reckon he'll go okay this trade period,bokes a winner and successful business man, bear in mind belly will be behind the scenes too

my take on lloyds and bonds departure is this

Rosich to lloyd : you mean to tell me we are rebuilding and you've left us in a situation where we have picks 5 and 77 in this years draft ?,mate pack your bags your outa here
Rosich to Bond : now Bondy we just had 300 goals kicked against us in geelong without kicking one the for 3 quarters ,heads have to roll for this ,Ross is going nowhere so Chris its your head thats doing the rolling

I could be wrong but im guessing this was the way it went

On trade radio Rosich was asked about Neale and he is saying that he is not going anywhere,that he is contracted and a required player. Didn't want to engage in Brisbane offering pick 4 , reading between the lines that it is not enough

On trade radio Rosich was asked about Neale and he is saying that he is not going anywhere,that he is contracted and a required player. Didn't want to engage in Brisbane offering pick 4 , reading between the lines that it is not enough

I wonder if we'll squeeze 5 + Starc out of them, or 2x 1st Rounders. The public media seem to think 5 is enough but I bet in their conversations 5+22 isn't enough from the clubs POV.

i reckon he'll go okay this trade period,bokes a winner and successful business man, bear in mind belly will be behind the scenes too

my take on lloyds and bonds departure is this

Rosich to lloyd : you mean to tell me we are rebuilding and you've left us in a situation where we have picks 5 and 77 in this years draft ?,mate pack your bags your outa here
Rosich to Bond : now Bondy we just had 300 goals kicked against us in geelong without kicking one the for 3 quarters ,heads have to roll for this ,Ross is going nowhere so Chris its your head thats doing the rolling

I could be wrong but im guessing this was the way it went
Yes but more polite.

I don't know - I think he made a mistake here. The art of negotiation is you ask for too much (whilst the other party will offer unders) and you come back to closer to fair as needed - IMO 4 and 22 is very achievable as the fair outcome, so he should have said he didn't think 4 and 22 is not enough, or we need at least two first rounders. I hope now we don't end up with 4 and a worse pick than 22. Having said that, it's a radio interview, but people still listen to these things.

Rosich just schooled the rest of the list managers of how we value our players. None of this “we’ll definitely be getting Lachie Weller” or “Hogan has to leave for us to get May,” no, he was “we’re not even considering trading Lachie Neale, he’s contracted and a required player, pick 4 won’t get it done in any event.”

We’ll win trade period and there’s a big name we’re chasing that’s not in the public domain yet. Martin? Coniglio?

Rosich just schooled the rest of the list managers of how we value our players. None of this “we’ll definitely be getting Lachie Weller” or “Hogan has to leave for us to get May,” no, he was “we’re not even considering trading Lachie Neale, he’s contracted and a required player, pick 4 won’t get it done in any event.”

We’ll win trade period and there’s a big name we’re chasing that’s not in the public domain yet. Martin? Coniglio?
Martin would be "Delicious"

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rosich said that Hogan was the first player to be filmed at Cockburn after numerous tours that went unreported over the year. The other tours were for other players who we'd been chasing all year.

This suggests that Hogan is very recent news: Freo is only a chance because Melbourne is putting his name up, because they want May or because they have got wind that Hogan wants out next year anyway.
It also suggests that their plans up until now included other players: Lobb, Conca and another player or two - Langdon, someone else?
It will be interesting to see if Rosich is able to be nimble enough to grab new opportunities, or will continue steering the ship to their original plans.

I don't know - I think he made a mistake here. The art of negotiation is you ask for too much (whilst the other party will offer unders) and you come back to closer to fair as needed - IMO 4 and 22 is very achievable as the fair outcome, so he should have said he didn't think 4 and 22 is not enough, or we need at least two first rounders. I hope now we don't end up with 4 and a worse pick than 22. Having said that, it's a radio interview, but people still listen to these things.

He was asked if pick 4 was enough and he said we wouldn’t accept that. He didn’t make a ‘mistake’. If anything, saying ‘4 and 22 is not enough’ in response to that question would have revealed what the club was thinking.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back