Votes: 15 13.3%
  • Worse

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Much Worse

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the stats work, but your argument about two for one is flawed as we are one man down. Rioli I was going to talk about as he showed last year that he is going to be our leg speed ball carrier man, but not with the aerial capacity of Lids. Caddy fills a void , but not the loss of lids. Also Prodigy mentioned Orestia was picked to do the inside work. The only other player on our list that comes close to lids is the Kmac and I'm looking forward to his return. This will be a sit down and watch carefully year for me as there have been a large number of changes made.
My concerns are our team looks slow and our speedsters are still raw with immature bodies plus our talls look bare.
Midfield looks awesome and that's about it.
Yeah midfield does look good. If we do indeed end up too slow, I wonder what Hardwick will do.

He can revert to the slow ball movement, but that game style is exposed now with so many teams going for the fast-pace and high pressure approach. I guess it can work again if the club build up their tackling ability and precision kicking, but we have seen from last year that our team is definitely not full of precision kickers. Even if they do win the ball through tackling, their kicking may let them down in that slow style.

I don't think he has much of a choice but to change the game plan to one with fast ball movement + high pressure through tackling and hope that the speedsters of the 1-4 year players with like Castagna, Short and Bolton really step up. Not sure if Butler is a fast player, but if he is then include him in this list. He simply can't go into this year playing the same type of players and I think that entering your 3rd year like Castagna and Butler are is enough to start demanding a spot through performance. I guess that our speed could be increased if we do have more of those type of players breaking into our best 22.

I beg to differ - At the moment, i'll take Lids over caddy every day of the week and twice on sunday...!
Yes he only played 11 games in 2016 but he was AA in 2015 and could very well play more than 15 games in 2017.
Our target was Prestia to add midfield class which we accomplished. If lids was still at RFC, we'd be much better off with the inclusion of Prestia allowing Lids to play up fwd to kick goals.
Yep so we then get caddy too.. who can kick goals to help relase martin.. who can kick goals.. to just maybe release cotchin where he can be more damaging.. closer to goal.

Back