• Worse

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Much Worse

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

again its funny how we see things.
I look at caddy and see a bloke not dissimilar to players we have looks like tarzan plays like jane and more often than not folds under pressure.
overall career to date has been no better than c grade. personally i would have loved to have had that second round pick.

Prestia at what cost though personally i woulod have prefered we use pick 6 and if it was a ball winning machine we wanted then Will Brodie was the go.

Nankervis well some say he wasnt given a go others say he was not good enough to force his way past 3 or 4 others one almost a total newbie to the game.
I like this pick but lets be honest where hes at and coming from.

How many talls have we taken with actual ND PICKS since 2009 i count 6 including garthwaite.
the picks we have used are 19, 26, 33, 35, 72, 77.In seven yrs what an investment in talls this club has made not.And it continues i would like a dollar for every time ive heard next yr or we will land a top kpp in trade when are we ever going to get of our arses and actually develop our own.
I for one wont be holding my breath.
WRONG DIRECTION AND WRONG TYPES AGAIN.

again its funny how we see things.
I look at caddy and see a bloke not dissimilar to players we have looks like tarzan plays like jane and more often than not folds under pressure.
overall career to date has been no better than c grade. personally i would have loved to have had that second round pick.

Prestia at what cost though personally i woulod have prefered we use pick 6 and if it was a ball winning machine we wanted then Will Brodie was the go.

Nankervis well some say he wasnt given a go others say he was not good enough to force his way past 3 or 4 others one almost a total newbie to the game.
I like this pick but lets be honest where hes at and coming from.

How many talls have we taken with actual ND PICKS since 2009 i count 6 including garthwaite.
the picks we have used are 19, 26, 33, 35, 72, 77.In seven yrs what an investment in talls this club has made not.And it continues i would like a dollar for every time ive heard next yr or we will land a top kpp in trade when are we ever going to get of our arses and actually develop our own.
I for one wont be holding my breath.
WRONG DIRECTION AND WRONG TYPES AGAIN.
NOTHING, I mean nothing, will distract from the fact that when a swap involving Deledio and Caddy was first bandied about, three quarters of the people on here went into melt down about Caddy being ordinary and which good player Geelong was alo throwing into the deal.
Nothing will distract from that as much as people now view Caddy as some sort of missing link or gun!
Some people have memories like goldfish!

to everyone who thought the club was stupid not going for talls, take a look at this

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-12-08/talls-high-on-tigers-2017-agenda

now that we know that we planned on waiting for next year to add to our tall depth, we can stop complaining about it/

club isn't as stupid as you think.
Jack and Rance will be three years older before they maybe ready.
Club recruiters and drafters are stupid as our poor results over the
Last 11 years prove this. Rinse and repeat as you need a list of 27-30 ready to go and not a bitsa team after seven years into a rebuild which has yet to start .

Last 11 years prove this. Rinse and repeat as you need a list of 27-30 ready to go and not a bitsa team after seven years into a rebuild which has yet to start .
And Dusty could be playing elsewhere.

This year is critical that we improve enough to convince him there is hope , otherwise you could be right.
Please don't take it the wrong way, he is the last person I want to leave.

I just have a really bad feeling. I know contracts are trifle these days but the sooner he signs up the better I will feel on the subject.

there is absolutely no sign that dusty is going to leave.

He loves it at richmond, he is loyal.
I said 'feeling'.

Everyone is different and nobody truly knows how anybody feels in certain positions.

But if the club you played for was going nowhere in the near future and you could get a hefty pay-rise to play for the club that you support and loved as a kid who has some of your close mates and a healthy looking near future. I think you would considerate it.

I said 'feeling'.

Everyone is different and nobody truly knows how anybody feels in certain positions.

But if the club you played for was going nowhere in the near future and you could get a hefty pay-rise to play for the club that you support and loved as a kid who has some of your close mates and a healthy looking near future. I think you would considerate it.
Of course you would.
Current love for one's club means zilch in this day and age of football.
Buddy loved hawthorn; Sam Mitchell loved Hawthorn; Dangerfield loved Adelaide; daisy Thomas loved Collingwood.
Players leave clubs for all number of reasons - Richmond won't be immune.

Who said we'll take all of the talls from the draft? *cough, cough* 2-metre-Peter *cough* Jonathon Patton *cough, cough* ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said we'll take all of the talls from the draft? *cough, cough* 2-metre-Peter *cough* Jonathon Patton *cough, cough* ;)

Would love to pick up 2 metre Peter. Not sold on Patton.

I think it's a bit early to tell....

The perceived quality or lack of can only be judged against actual output.... We could have a supposed weaker team this year and they could still out perform last year's list just by cracking in, having a better game plan, playing with confidence etc etc

I think in terms of team balance and structure we have a better list in 2017 than 2016
Yes we lost a gun in Lids and an important "structural" player in Vickery but overall we filled much more important positions

Did WB have a player in that range? One? Maybe two. Three or four over thirties and a bunch of kids mostly under 25 if I'm not mistaken. You need a bloody good side not a specific age profile. Rance and Jack both seem the types to play well into their thirties, Rance is as durable as they come and look at how Jack's cousin Nick is going. There's plenty of time for these two to win a couple of Tiger flags if we get things right over the next couple of years.

So we haven't improved or list against any club, most clubs or just a few clubs?
I think we've improved our list more than several clubs. I'm not sure that's going to be enough.

We're improved relative to Collingwood and Carlton. That's the main thing. And everyone's improved relative to Hawthorn.

Not so sure about the other 14...

Did WB have a player in that range? One? Maybe two. Three or four over thirties and a bunch of kids mostly under 25 if I'm not mistaken. You need a bloody good side not a specific age profile. Rance and Jack both seem the types to play well into their thirties, Rance is as durable as they come and look at how Jack's cousin Nick is going. There's plenty of time for these two to win a couple of Tiger flags if we get things right over the next couple of years.
They had a young side and their VFL side won the flag. Their VFL side lost to Coburg when they suffered so many injuries in the seniors and their VFL side carried them for about six weeks.
They batted deep and a lot of their 23-29 listed players would walk into other sides.

Proof in the pudding. But for the last few years we have relied on a couple to get us the ball and distribute it. We now have a lot more depth there. That changes what our team can do when the whips are cracking.

We need 2 KPF and 2 KPDs + support. We've got that. Loss of Ty doesn't impact that much. He wanted out.

We've got too many rucks. But Ivan is break glass is needed player, Nanks is young reserve, Soldo is a possible type for a couple of years form now, and Hammer is a capable B grader ruck (that's playing his best like most of 2016). I'm hoping Nankervis can pass Hammer and we have real ruck quality. hammer does the job, but that's all - no extra value.

Outside we have a few experienced players, Houli, BEllis, KMac (shown it, was injured in 2016) and a heap of developing talented speedsters. If, e.g., Menadue and Markov step up towards their talent, we have depth outside.

We have fairly decent mediums in Grimes (please stay fit + can play tall) and Lennon/Dusty/Caddy.

We also have decent small depth, Cotch, Houli, Rioli etc. Add in the new guys and it looks decent.

The big loss is Lids. We might be able to cover for him. But losing a match winner is losing a match winner. A lot depends in whether Lennon steps up, whether the introductions of Prestia and Caddy means we can rotate quality forward more, and (most important) whether we play a game style to optimizes our ability to attack. If Lids is fit and fires in 2017 I doubt we will fully cover him (be as good as if he were still at tigerland). But an injured Lids and good integration of the new players and a good Lennon and Rioli in a well structured and executed game plan = we're better off without Lids. Hmmmm, hard to get around we'll miss him for 3 years. But then he might get us a long term future KP. Which is vital to our future. Any development of the squad needs a solid spine long term. 2017 might get us that, whilst e strengthen the current team. That'd be Lids major leaving present.

So, overall IMHO we are a better balanced squad. But with the caveat that we have less KPF depth and could miss Lids big time. If it goes right we'll be much better in 2017. .

A lot depends in whether Lennon steps up, whether the introductions of Prestia and Caddy means we can rotate quality forward more, and (most important) whether we play a game style to optimizes our ability to attack.

So, overall IMHO we are a better balanced squad. But with the caveat that we have less KPF depth and could miss Lids big time. If it goes right we'll be much better in 2017.

Think that's the key. We can't replace Lids so we won't. We will be a completely different side in 2017. We will have to be given the change of our squad and the need to play a quicker, more aggressive game style. I think the addition of Caddy and Prestia will make a far bigger difference to the side than just what they can offer independently. The trickle on effect will be massive all across the ground but particularly in the midfield and forwardline. I really see us having a far smaller but more dynamic and fluid structure. The see us playing smaller and ensuring we lock the ball in our F50. I also see a far greater spread of goal kickers with Dusty, Caddy, Cotchin and Prestia all rotating through there at times. Makes us far more unpredictable too.

Our midfield too be benefit considerable with their addition. Having Prestia and Caddy means fresher players continuously moving through the area and being around the ball. Dusty, Cotchin, Prestia & Caddy are a strong top 4 midfield and Miles, Vlaustin and Grigg handy backups. Edwards, McIntosh, BEllis and Conca add outside run and depth too but I love the fact that they have all been pushed down a couple of rungs and need to fight for their place in the side.

People underestimate the impact that adding talented players into the midfield makes. It is not just what they can add to the contest, it is that they push out the weaker players and move talent to other areas of the ground that was previously lacking. Having the luxury of playing Dusty more forward, Cotchin more as an outside midfielder etc etc means we are much harder to play. You're only as strong as your weakest link and with these two coming straight in those links are suddenly much more solid.

No one rates us a realistic chance. I find it hard to believe that people rate Lids so highly when he barely played for us last year and missed the start of the season before. At his best he was great but we have not relied upon him for years. He was always too easy to tag out of a game and so could never play predominately in the midfield where we needed him the most.

Midfielders always make a greater difference to a teams fortunes than a half forward. Lids was a great player for us but his loss will have no where near the impact that recruiting Prestia and Caddy will. With such low expectations I think we will embarrass more than a few experts next year :thumbsu:

Back