Fact Lists: What is this all about? (Updated 10/2/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board is for collecting lists. We have two thread prefixes: Fact and Opinion.

Fact: These lists are factual lists, such as premiership winners and Top 100 goal scorers.

* If you want to start a fact list please do a search first. Someone may have started it already.

* Once you start the list you are then responsible for updating it.

* If you see an incorrect or missing entry in one of these lists please post on that thread with your correction or addition.

* If you see an abandoned list and want to take it over ask the Admins: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/sendmessage.php

Opinion: These are lists of opinions, based on whatever qualities you like. Other people are free to post their own list in that thread.

* Examples might be "Top 10 Teams of Modern Football" or "Top 10 Fullbacks of All Time".

* If you want to criticize an opinion list, you must post your own first. No drive-by complaints or snipes.

Beware: Posting an opinion list as fact or a fact list as opinion will result in loss of access to this board.

not sure of the need for this board given we have wikipedia and a number of footy sites that already have all of this basic info

not sure of the need for this board given we have wikipedia and a number of footy sites that already have all of this basic info

I think the creation of this board has more to do with the "opinion" lists that populate the main board. A few of them have popped up recently, and lets be honest, they usually just turn into a "why isn't my favourite player higher?"

Keep the bickering in one forum, so not a bad idea, IMO.

I think the creation of this board has more to do with the "opinion" lists that populate the main board. A few of them have popped up recently, and lets be honest, they usually just turn into a "why isn't my favourite player higher?"

Keep the bickering in one forum, so not a bad idea, IMO.

Yeah I agree, take the clutter of the main board.

that's cool. I was mainly referring to the lists below that are very easy to find, and in a better format than using CODE tags:

Most Goals Kicked (Top 100)
AFL Premiership Winners
Brownlow Medal Winners
Most Games Played (Top 100)

I think it's preferable to teach people where to find information rather than reinventing the wheel. And such a place to find assistance is the sticky thread in the Statistics forum: Stats resources.

Facts and opinions are not always mutually exclusive.

Errors, differences of perception and interpretation can muddle the two together.

Hi folks,

Just wanted to quickly go over a few things:

1. As Chief states above, there are two types of lists; fact and opinion.

You will notice that we have two different thread prefixes available: Fact, and Opinion! I highly encourage people to use these when they start a thread.

The inevitable question: but what if I believe my opinion to be completely correct and factual? Guess what- that's still an opinion! Use the 'opinion' prefix for that.

The lists that are purely factual (i.e. List of lowest scoring team every season), with those there will definitely be some crossover with stuff found on the Statistics board. And that's fine.

2. It's not Bay 13. Keep Bay 13-isms and abuse off this board. People who refuse to do this will be infracted and possibly have their access to the board removed.

3. All the other rules of BigFooty that apply site-wide, of course, apply here as well. Read further here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/help/terms

Happy posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back