Society & Culture Little coincidences and surprises in life

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years back, I attended a Richmond v West Coast match at the MCG with a mate. As we were lining up for our tickets, we looked to our left and saw Ernie Dingo, decked out in blue and gold, also in the queue. He noticed us looking at him, gave us a smile and a wink, and then we looked away and continued talking about who we thought would win.

Fast forward to the second quarter. Jack Riewoldt is dominating, on his way to a 10 goal haul. We were sitting just next to the 50 metre line against the fence. Jack kicked another goal, and as we watched the ball float into the West Coast cheersquad, we saw Ernie again, standing up to mark the footy. We laughed at the fact we had seen him again.

Now to after the game. My mate and I are walking along the concourse outside of the MCG on our way back to the train station. Lo and behold, Ernie appears amongst the crowd, and walks past us. He even looked at us and acknowledged us as the kids from before the game. Was a bit strange crossing his path before and after the match, and seeing him so distinctively during the game.

My mate also had a seagull s**t on him during this match.

With a bit of discussion on the cricket board about Matt Hayden I was having a look through some of Australia's great opening batsmen. Click on Bill Woodfull profile. Died August 11, 1965. Almost exactly 50 years ago today.

Today I was getting lunch and thought I saw a chick that I know vaguely through a friend. Met her maybe ten times (at most), and probably not for about 4 or 5 years. Don't even know her name. This lass turns around and it's not her. They just looked alike from behind.

5 minutes later I'm walking back to the office with my lunch and I actually bump into the chick who I thought it was earlier. Had to ask her if she was just queuing for Thai. Obviously wasn't. Mind was blown.

Today I was getting lunch and thought I saw a chick that I know vaguely through a friend. Met her maybe ten times (at most), and probably not for about 4 or 5 years. Don't even know her name. This lass turns around and it's not her. They just looked alike from behind.

5 minutes later I'm walking back to the office with my lunch and I actually bump into the chick who I thought it was earlier. Had to ask her if she was just queuing for Thai. Obviously wasn't. Mind was blown.
The law of attraction doing it's thing

whenever I check the time it is nearly always 11:11, 1:11, 2:22 all am or pm - kinda freaky how often it happens.
I get 11 11 a lot as well but it only seems like it occurs often because we consciously notice it rather than some other arbitrary time.

I get 11 11 a lot as well but it only seems like it occurs often because we consciously notice it rather than some other arbitrary time.

maybe you're onto it but I kinda like to think there's more meaning to it that I have yet to discover lol

I know this occurs to me, particularly the fact that I never notice 22:22, because as a kid there used to be some stupid thing about at 11:11 you could make a wish.

That's why I notice 11:11 a lot now.

I just made a post in the general chat thread where I finished off by using the world "Bewildering".

That's a word I probably haven't used in 5 years. Then, I click on the "Unpopular opinions" thread and the first post on the page has TheFreshBanana finishing his post with the world "Bewildering".

I already have a tab open with this thread, and I think to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if TheFreshBanana was the last person to make a post in this thread.

Sure enough, that's exactly what happened.

whenever I check the time it is nearly always 11:11, 1:11, 2:22 all am or pm - kinda freaky how often it happens.

My girlfriend is another 11:11 nutjob. Weird.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both my sets of grandparents are/were named James and Anne. True story.

My dad had a sister named Robyn. Her husband was Lindsay. My mum had a sister named Lindsey. Her husband was Robin.

I just made a post in the general chat thread where I finished off by using the world "Bewildering".

That's a word I probably haven't used in 5 years. Then, I click on the "Unpopular opinions" thread and the first post on the page has TheFreshBanana finishing his post with the world "Bewildering".

I already have a tab open with this thread, and I think to myself "Wouldn't it be funny if TheFreshBanana was the last person to make a post in this thread.

Sure enough, that's exactly what happened.
Bewildering

Last year, I had a dream I was living in a house I'd never seen before which featured a carport on an angle detached from the house.
Later on that year, going somewhere by bus, I saw that same house, with the same carport on the same angle and the distance from carport to house was the same.

And, going along similar lines raskolnikov, I have 2 aunties by the name of Diane who were born a year apart.

Answered the old home phone one night when I was 12/13, and the lady says she's calling to speak a certain man, who's name happens to be my grandfathers brother. This lady is calling from WA and we live in Tassie. I say you do have the wrong number but I am the grandson of (grandfathers name). The lady I was speaking to was my grandfathers sister and had dialled our number by mistake, although no one in our family had ever met her

Heard of the death of a guy I'd gone to primary school with on the day of my driving test. His name was on the list for people to take the test right before me. Hadn't heard the name for 10 years before that day

My Mrs and one of our best mates have so many coincidences. Born same day, same year, same hospital. One has the feminine name of the other. Their parents hadn't met but one set lives on the back fence of where the other has a business. And both Saints fans

About 10 years ago I dreamt I was taking bags out of a silver Magna sedan. At the time I owned a Magna wagon.

Two weeks later I had an accident and said car was written off.

I purchased a silver magna sedan from a car yard near a bus stop I caught bus to work whilst I had no car.

Was at a shopping centre just then- my watch broke, literally fell off my wrist.

I was standing right in front of one of those watch/shoe repair places.

It would have been awkward if you walked away and went to a different shop (did you?)

Um no?

I got it fixed. Its now fixed.

If the person working in the shop saw you break your watch, they might've thought 'ah here we go, some business here' so it would have been awkward to pick it up and walk away.

Good that you got it fixed though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back