JackFlash

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2012
Docklands
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
QPR, Buffalo Bills, Melbourne Stars
Wasp? For real? Their album Crimson Idol is the best metal concept album since Operation Mindcrime.

I went to the Poison concert in Adelaide back in the day and it was interesting. The guitar solo was the worst I have ever seen CC sucked.
Yep, CC was the worst guitar player i have ever seen play with a major band....dreadful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bennett.

Your training, Matrix
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Maple Leafs, Blue Jays
Stryper!!!! By a mile.

Anyway. Lots of good 80s stuff. Only knowing today's Manowar probably makes it unbelievable how good they were back in the days...

Sweden had good stuff as well: Heavy Load, Gotham City, Silver Mountain, Oz (well ok Finland, but pretty close). Same for Germany: Trance, Vampyr, Black Fate...
Don't **** on Stryper! Some of the best dual guitar attack committed to tape

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
For the bump, saw skid row Friday night at the Prince Bandroom..... They Played Forever!! Was amaaaazing!
Now that metal is in decline popularity wise it's both great and sad to watch these bands live now. Saw Helloween a couple of years ago live in Adelaide with maybe 250 people in a pub.
They were playing to 80 thousand at festivals in their heyday.

Last edited:

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Sure do, reckon they were one of the first bands I saw sneaking into the century hotel as a 14 yr old.
I never saw Sudafed live but they were always played on the metal radio hour in Adelaide. 5Pba Fm I think it was. Thursday night for 1 hour.

Top Bottom