Little Things you haven't done but would like to?

I‘ve heard great things about sunset and also sunrise ones :) . I was already leaning towards the former because of the time difference , but the night lights would be spectacular too :)

That time slot is cheaper too. ;)

Its classified as a "night climb" yet you still get to see the sunset.

I've been to AFL games at Sydney (twice for 2 wins) and one Perf (for 1 loss- 7points).

Dodged a bullet when I pulled out of the v Crows games weeks before- was the one that got cancelled.
I‘ve been to Adelaide twice for two losses (two of the only games we have lost over there in recent times ). My first planned trip was foiled by illness (sick on the way to and at the airport :( )- and we won that game . I need to start going to Port games.

I have gone from having a poor run in Vic to a winning run in Vic ... just like my team :)

I was hoping to make it to a game or two in Sydney next year but we don’t play in NSW.

I‘ve been to Adelaide twice for two losses (two of the only games we have lost over there in recent times ). My first planned trip was foiled by illness (sick on the way to and at the airport :( )- and we won that game . I need to start going to Port games.

I have gone from having a poor run in Vic to a winning run in Vic ... just like my team :)

I was hoping to make it to a game or two in Sydney next year but we don’t play in NSW.

I went to two absolute belters in Sydney. 1997 last round where we won by 2 points. And then 2002, won by like 10 i think. Love the Sydney crowd up there too, the really do not care :)

That time slot is cheaper too. ;)

Its classified as a "night climb" yet you still get to see the sunset.
I didn’t even consider the cost difference but that’s definitely another bonus!

I went to two absolute belters in Sydney. 1997 last round where we won by 2 points. And then 2002, won by like 10 i think. Love the Sydney crowd up there too, the really do not care :)
Awesome :)

The only game I’ve been to in Sydney was the 2007 GF replay at ANZ (which we won by a point). We have an atrocious record in NSW particularly against Sydney so I haven’t missed much , but I now have other reasons to go to Sydney too so I would love to attend another one ... albeit with very low expecitations.

I expect the Queensland crowd to be similar Billy ray ;)

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Awesome :)

The only game I’ve been to in Sydney was the 2007 GF replay at ANZ (which we won by a point). We have an atrocious record in NSW particularly against Sydney so I haven’t missed much , but I now have other reasons to go to Sydney too so I would love to attend another one ... albeit with very low expecitations.

I expect the Queensland crowd to be similar Billy ray ;)
Nah our crowds are into it. Lots of ex Victorians here so we get the passion and tribalism aspect. Just a small quantum of people atm.
Generational... Generational...
Lots of kids at our games.

Rooz90

All Australian
Mar 30, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Melbourne City
I've always wanted to go rock climbing. Indoors of course. My anxiety and fear of heights haven't allowed me to gain courage.

Hawk Dork

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Zombie Lover BeanCoiNFT Investor
Feb 9, 2005
on the road to nowhere
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawks
I've always wanted to go rock climbing. Indoors of course. My anxiety and fear of heights haven't allowed me to gain courage.
A friend started by screwing those plastic grips onto the bottom of his high set house and would just climb and hang no that far off the ground,until he built up strength and confidence

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Yeah my brother played/s drums growing up.

Thank christ he never had an actual kit in the house i would have gone metal.

A female drummer going metal is NOT a bad thing Shell. Not a bad thing at all!

tumblr_mvovwcX7me1rf6p2ao1_500.jpg
60f2901c090988184ab1bc7ed37e870d--drum-sets-music-bands.jpg

This intrigued me when we went last year for a week with the kids. Wouldnt mind going back and doing some of the big walks there.
I've got a few friends who have done the south loop (and loved it), I'd probably look at the quieter eastern loop. Need a new hiking mat though.

Back