Live 2008 Presidential election thread - McCain v Obama

Remove this Banner Ad

DaveW

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2002
AFL Club
Adelaide
We'll follow all the action in this thread.

I just have a few requests:

1. No exit polls please. Seriously, they're junk. (FiveThirtyEight.com is supposed to have a piece on this sometime today.) Some of us are still recovering from the cruel tease of 2004. Start another thread if you must.

2. No predictions please. Put them in the predictions thread that I've bumped up.

3. All other races in the other thread I've started. Doubtless there'll be people who are only interested in the presidential contest, so let's keep this thread purely for the most important race.

I'll keep a leaderboard updated throughout the night. (Contrary to uselectionatlas convention, I'll use blue for Dem, red for GOP, to keep it consistent with everywhere else.)

genusmap.php

McCain 0
Obama 0

Here are the first official returns:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5grwUADvRzUMaEoHj9bHMtdylvOLAD947UING0

Obama wins in earliest vote in tiny Dixville, NH
By GLENN ADAMS – 3 hours ago

DIXVILLE NOTCH, N.H. (AP) — Barack Obama came up a big winner in the presidential race in Dixville Notch and Hart's Location, N.H., where tradition of having the first Election Day ballots tallied lives on.

Democrat Obama defeated Republican John McCain by a count of 15 to 6 in Dixville Notch, where a loud whoop accompanied the announcement in Tuesday's first minutes. The town of Hart's Location reported 17 votes for Obama, 10 for McCain and two for write-in Ron Paul. Independent Ralph Nader was on both towns' ballots but got no votes.

even that s**t-stain Karl Rove is now saying Obama will win with a landslide, I'm as nervous as hell about this election, this is bearing witness to history! I sincerely hope the GOP is paralysed after this election, god knows the neocons deserve a real hiding.

Would love to have the day off tomorrow to channel surf and watch as all this unfolds. Hopefully the Americans get it right and vote in Obama.

I've set up the IQ for Sky News' coverage and also for entertainment purposed, I've IQ'd the Fox "News" Coverage...will be hilarious to watch if Obama wins, especially if it's in a landslide.

I'll keep a leaderboard updated throughout the night. (Contrary to uselectionatlas convention, I'll use blue for Dem, red for GOP, to keep it consistent with everywhere else.)

Thanks for the thread; nice bit of organisation but I wonder if we should stick with the counterintuitive US colour scheme. I'm used to it and I'm sure plenty of other who frequent this board are too.

Dave you're a politics machine, dominating things around here (the sky is blue) like a late-teen schwarzenegger pumping iron and setting gladiatorial, ultra-manly standards at his local gym as the peasants/amazed onlookers sweat with admiration and virginal lust.

but (note the bolded) we're not all living in your fancy London timezone buddy! ;)

Here are the first official returns:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5grwUADvRzUMaEoHj9bHMtdylvOLAD947UING0

Obama wins in earliest vote in tiny Dixville, NH
By GLENN ADAMS – 3 hours ago

DIXVILLE NOTCH, N.H. (AP) — Barack Obama came up a big winner in the presidential race in Dixville Notch and Hart's Location, N.H., where tradition of having the first Election Day ballots tallied lives on.

Democrat Obama defeated Republican John McCain by a count of 15 to 6 in Dixville Notch, where a loud whoop accompanied the announcement in Tuesday's first minutes. The town of Hart's Location reported 17 votes for Obama, 10 for McCain and two for write-in Ron Paul. Independent Ralph Nader was on both towns' ballots but got no votes.

The most notable thing on this is that this is the first time Dixville Notch has voted Democratic in 40 years...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought it would useful to post this map that Dave posted earlier in another topic).

American EST is 16 hours behind Australian EDT (NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT), 15.5 hours behind Australian CDT (SA), 15 hours behind Australian EST (QLD), 14.5 hours behind Australian CST (NT) and 14 hours behind Australian WDT (WA).

map1024po7.gif

Good I hate the SOB with a passion.

Yeah I hate consumer advocates too :confused:

Thought it would useful to post this map that Dave posted earlier in another topic).

American EST is 16 hours behind Australian EDT (NSW, VIC, TAS, ACT), 15.5 hours behind Australian CDT (SA), 15 hours behind Australian EST (QLD), 14.5 hours behind Australian CST (NT) and 14 hours behind Australian WDT (WA).

map1024po7.gif
Cheers. I knew there was something I'd forgotten.

So basically the clocks above are from 10am AEDT onwards.
Good I hate the SOB with a passion.
Yeah I hate consumer advocates too :confused:
I fear a hijack. Let's not go down this path...

Vigo County in Indiana 2004 voted 53% for Bush (46% Kerry). With 54% of Vigo counted it's gone 57% for Obama so far (42% McCain). Possibly a good indication of the swing so far?...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back