LIVE: Draft day discussion thread

Might be wrong with Robertson, his kicking is suspect and Rivers is much better at that. Alistair Clarkson’s, “You can’t kick, you can’t play,” might ring true here a bit. I’m still blown away by some of the those taken especially late.

Hawks definitely rate him. Don't be surprised if they try and make a play for ours or Ports picks.

Jan 9, 2009
Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If we get Deven Robertson at our pick that is crazy. He's quite simply a gun footy player. May not have the athletic potential of others or be super flashy but he is going to be a gun mid in the Selwood/Neale/Treloar/Worpel mould whichever club he ends up at. He just wins the footy and he has leadership in spades as well. Ely Smith and Deven Robertson would tear the NEAFL apart next season. I'd be just as happy with Rivers or Rantall as well though.

Can’t see it in any of the draft threads, curious how the Henry bid goes down.

As I missed the broadcast and without knowing the exact numbers, Fremantle will be taking a decent deficit off their future first.

Is it correct to assume that now it’s required for matching, the AFL basically has a mortgage on that pick, so Freo cant trade it ?
Could potentially work out well for us holding the 2 future first still.

Or could we potentially look at doing a future pick swap to secure their first
Freo 2020 1st > Brisbane 2020 1st and our 2nd/3rd pick this draft ?

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Can’t see it in any of the draft threads, curious how the Henry bid goes down.

As I missed the broadcast and without knowing the exact numbers, Fremantle will be taking a decent deficit off their future first.

Is it correct to assume that now it’s required for matching, the AFL basically has a mortgage on that pick, so Freo cant trade it ?
Could potentially work out well for us holding the 2 future first still.

Or could we potentially look at doing a future pick swap to secure their first
Freo 2020 1st > Brisbane 2020 1st and our 2nd/3rd pick this draft ?
Fremantle traded their future second round pick for two late picks from Port (pretty sure it’s the two late picks we traded to Port).

This covered most of the deficit. I haven’t seen the math, so I’m not sure if there is still a residual deficit or not?

Fremantle traded their future second round pick for two late picks from Port (pretty sure it’s the two late picks we traded to Port).

This covered most of the deficit. I haven’t seen the math, so I’m not sure if there is still a residual deficit or not?
Too lazy to do the maths right now but it looks like Fremantle got pick 67 back which means they didn't need to go into deficit.

Do draft picks disappear if traded on the night?. You can only enter the draft with picks equal to list spots, but can you trade 1 pick for 2, or even bring in 2 picks for a pick next year to build points?

Id assume you can, and if you didnt use the picks you would lose them, but for that time period you could have more picks than list spots. Is this what Freo did to get enough points?

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
AFL draft points calculation bunker-
1574907427399.png

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Too lazy to do the maths right now but it looks like Fremantle got pick 67 back which means they didn't need to go into deficit.
Had a visit to the Fremantle board.

Apparently pick 67 was originally pick 73 and moved up when Fremantle and GWS matched their academy bids, and picks dropped out and shuffled to the back of the draft.

Because it wasn’t worth points at the time of matching the Henry bid, they can’t use it to wipe points off some of the remaining debt, which is ~250 odd.

Back