LIVE Federal Election Coverage 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it goodbye to our oil supply, the USA has done more damage to the world's oil supply than anyone, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Venezuela all in chaos because of the USA.

Chopping $50b in revenue in tax cuts is a problem. You can't say you need to cut spending and offer tax cuts, it doesn't work and is basically legalised corruption.
We need to cut at least $50b in spending.

As for oil. Who fo you think guarantees our oil supply from Saudi Arabia? The US. The US isn't going to allow us to pull out of these wars without any consequences!

We need to cut at least $50b in spending.

As for oil. Who fo you think guarantees our oil supply from Saudi Arabia? The US. The US isn't going to allow us to pull out of these wars without any consequences!
They want to play hardball tell them to shove their fighter jets up their backsides and deal with Iran for oil.

The corporate tax cut will not generate anywhere near the same level of growth and jobs as spending $50b on infrastructure. That is a cold hard fact and every major economist has agreed with it.

The problem isn't spending the problem is revenue, if we don't solve the revenue problem which means getting rid of middle class and corporate welfare we are screwed as a country.

If you want to do spending cuts then start with slashing the military budget, get out of USA wars and tell them the alliance is off, it will save billions.

India has just put their hat in the ring for 10,000t of tungsten (a war metal)
China has "apparently" taken territory in India's north and seeking to build a navy base next to the port in Colombo

I'm anti-ADF as I see it as a waste of money but perhaps governments are seeing things we aren't.

They want to play hardball tell them to shove their fighter jets up their backsides and deal with Iran for oil.

The corporate tax cut will not generate anywhere near the same level of growth and jobs as spending $50b on infrastructure. That is a cold hard fact and every major economist has agreed with it.
What about US protection and shared intelligence. That goes out the window if we don't do what we are told.

So you keep saying. Are you scared of people having a say? You didn't mind that Ireland had a vote on SSM and passed it!
So you support a full an open conscience vote by all members of Parliament.

Because you aren't scared of what will come out are you?

* I have an idea how this poll would turn out

India has just put their hat in the ring for 10,000t of tungsten (a war metal)
China has "apparently" taken territory in India's north and seeking to build a navy base next to the port in Colombo

I'm anti-ADF as I see it as a waste of money but perhaps governments are seeing things we aren't.
The US alliance is costing us money and delivering no benefits.

What about US protection and shared intelligence. That goes out the window if we don't do what we are told.
US intelligence, now there's an oxymoron. We'd get better quality intelligence out of Israel, Russia or China than the USA. Have a look at their track record it's terrible.

US intelligence, now there's an oxymoron. We'd get better quality intelligence out of Israel, Russia or China than the USA. Have a look at their track record it's terrible.
What intelligence is that? Is it the secret intel they don't want to release or the bs they feed the sheep on a regular basis!

Interestingly India's ally is Russia. That would make for an interesting war against China.

I agree the US military is ordinary at best but wars aren't won by the most competent; they are won by the least incompetent. I think I'd back the US over Russia and China (for now).

Interestingly India's ally is Russia. That would make for an interesting war against China.

I agree the US military is ordinary at best but wars aren't won by the most competent; they are won by the least incompetent. I think I'd back the US over Russia and China (for now).
China won't take on India, whilst they are more competent army they know it would be a long drawn out war and that is not beneficial to them.

The difference with a war involving Russia compared to the USA is Russia doesn't give a toss about bad publicity, the USA does and they don't want it. Why do you reckon the USA have never gone to war with Iran? They would love to, but they also know it will be a massive blood bath similar to Vietnam and most likely with the same end result.

Really I think the best course of action is to step back, be involved only in UN approved campaigns, which means no Iraq or Syria. Then increase our presence and influence in South East Asia/Pacific. Do this and it will help improve ties with Indonesia and others who really are in our realm of influence.

China won't take on India, whilst they are more competent army they know it would be a long drawn out war and that is not beneficial to them.

The difference with a war involving Russia compared to the USA is Russia doesn't give a toss about bad publicity, the USA does and they don't want it. Why do you reckon the USA have never gone to war with Iran? They would love to, but they also know it will be a massive blood bath similar to Vietnam and most likely with the same end result.

Really I think the best course of action is to step back, be involved only in UN approved campaigns, which means no Iraq or Syria. Then increase our presence and influence in South East Asia/Pacific. Do this and it will help improve ties with Indonesia and others who really are in our realm of influence.

Racism and democracy is a dangerous mix for developing nations

Racism and democracy is a dangerous mix for developing nations
It's a dangerous mix for developed nations too. Hanson might be bad but some of her Senators are worse. The other 3 compose one idiot and two nut jobs. Hopefully the Qld one losses top spot on the party list for the next election because if One Nation hold their vote they will win that again. The others will be gone in 3 years.

I have a cousin who is chief economist with a major agency and his advice is that if it looks like Trump will win the Presidency make sure you have no shares because everything will plummet overnight guaranteed and the world economy will go into recession. The man is a one man walking economic and political disaster.

It's a dangerous mix for developed nations too. Hanson might be bad but some of her Senators are worse. The other 3 compose one idiot and two nut jobs. Hopefully the Qld one losses top spot on the party list for the next election because if One Nation hold their vote they will win that again. The others will be gone in 3 years.

I have a cousin who is chief economist with a major agency and his advice is that if it looks like Trump will win the Presidency make sure you have no shares because everything will plummet overnight guaranteed and the world economy will go into recession. The man is a one man walking economic and political disaster.

spot on in the first paragraph

I have no idea on the second as I still can't fathom how he got this far, let alone considering the prospect of a presidential victory. I wonder if the US has constitutional checks and balances like a GG who can dissolve parliament/ congress?

spot on in the first paragraph

I have no idea on the second as I still can't fathom how he got this far, let alone considering the prospect of a presidential victory. I wonder if the US has constitutional checks and balances like a GG who can dissolve parliament/ congress?
Only ways to get rid of a President is via impeachment if he breaks the law or by a bullet. The latter is far more likely with Trump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only ways to get rid of a President is via impeachment if he breaks the law or by a bullet. The latter is far more likely with Trump.

from memory 4 or 5 have gone out in a box

from memory 4 or 5 have gone out in a box
8 have died in office

4 by bullet
4 by natural causes or illness

William Henry Harrison 41 days Pneumonia
Zachary Taylor 1850 Gastroenteritis
Abraham Lincoln Bullet
James Garfield Bullet
William McKinley Bullet
Warren Harding Heart Attack
Franklin Delano Roosevelt Cerebral Hemorrhage
John F Kennedy Bullet

This is the thread for the Australian election, right?

Anyway, the major parties decided to use the order of election method. Quite disappointing, but not at all surprising.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back