Podcast LIVE IN GAME SHOW - Wednesday night vs Bulldogs, 7pm with Michaels, Tiger71 & Captain Blood17

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright folks, it is happening!

If you don't want to listen to the regular commentary you get from 7 or Fox for our match this Wednesday night vs the Bulldogs, then this is the show for you!

Using the wonderful powers of Spreaker (our recording program) we will be going LIVE*.

So mute your TV's, sync in with us and enjoy the ride.

Important notes:
-We will not be full blown commentating. It will be full of chat about the game, special comments, some occasional stats, a lot of banter. Basically picture 3 mates at a pub watching a game and talking about it, that is what we will be doing. So yes we will probably be biased towards Richmond. And yes there will probably be swearing of some kind.

-There is a delay with what you will hear from us on Spreaker vs what you will see on TV / Device depending on what you're watching. So for optimum listening you will need to try and get in sync with us. We have to also sync with each other. To achieve this we will use the first 25-35 seconds of the game to try and get everybody Synced up, including ourselves. This will mean you may have to pause your game until we all catch up. We worked out that captain blood 17 is around 20 seconds ahead of Tiger71 and I'm around 8 seconds behind T71.

To sync will be simple. CB17 will hit pause on his footage as the ball is about to be bounced on his screen. T71 will hit pause on his once it catches up to CB17 as the ball is about to be bounced. Then once I catch up, I will count everyone in to hit play on their footage at the moment the ball is being bounced on my screen, meaning we should all be in sync, or very close to it. We tested this tonight in the Cats / Freo game and it worked.

-Given its our first time we will just be doing the first half and a half time review.

-Spreaker does have a chat client, so if you're listening in you can send through questions as well!

To listen in click this link at around 6:50-7:00pm Wednesday night (I'll post a reminder in this thread)

This will take you to the Spreaker Tigercast page, and once we are live the live episode will appear at the top of the list. Just click play and you're in!

We hope to have a heaps of you on board listening in Live. It will be a heap of fun and something a bit different to what you get on mainstream TV.

listened through the whole game

would be good to have the ground audio behind it but don't know how itd be possible. i just had foxtel playing at lower volume so i could hear the crowd/player noise etc but couldnt really hear the commentators

the syncing worked well for me

would be good to call out the spreaker/bigfooty comments a little more often

I think the way you did it (ground noise) is probably the only way.

If we had our tv audio on it would just create a bad echo through the mic unfortunately and I'm not sure of a way to patch it in. I'll do some googling.

Good call with the spreaker comments, will work on that next time!

Good effort, tried to listen in but kept losing sync. Great win, and looking forward to the podcast.
Thanks.

Interesting with the sync, so did you get it starting off in sync then it drifted as the quarter went on or did it change after quarter time etc?

Start
Thanks.

Interesting with the sync, so did you get it starting off in sync then it drifted as the quarter went on or did it change after quarter time etc?
Started off ok, not sure if I paused accidentally but couldn't catch up, was nice to turn Bruce off for a little.

If anyone wants to watch the replay here is the link to our audio from tonights game

Ignore the title of the audio, we did the whole game!

You might need to pause the game at the start of each quarter to re sync it but should be easy done!

Enjoy!

wish i did listen live (got the replay up on kayo and listening atm)
would have been a bit awkward trying to explain Tiger71 to mother tho
Hopefully its easy enough to sync and line up when watching the replay!

We are LIVE in 20 minutes! If you want something different from the normal TV commentary this is for you! Mute your TV, click the link below at 6:55pm, press play on Live ep, Sync up with us (we will assist) and enjoy the 1st half with the
CLICK HERE TO GO TO SPREAKER PAGE AT 6:50 - 6:55
Great job guys. That was entertaining on so many levels I can't even begin... I worked until half-time so watched the second half live and then caught the replay with you guys. It was great that you finished out the 2nd half and the commentry was entertainingly one-sided.
Nice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great job guys. That was entertaining on so many levels I can't even begin... I worked until half-time so watched the second half live and then caught the replay with you guys. It was great that you finished out the 2nd half and the commentry was entertainingly one-sided.
Nice
Thanks heaps, glad you enjoyed it!

Im glad we did the whole game now :)

my favourite part was at half time when Tiger71 read the dogs gameday thread lol
that was a brilliant addition, had no idea it was going to happen but im glad it did. lol

Great effort guys, good for a laugh. My only request is you should try and mention the score a bit more so we can sync up more easily.

I know this might be different if we are losing, then I understand if you dont mention the scores lol

Great effort guys, good for a laugh. My only request is you should try and mention the score a bit more so we can sync up more easily.

I know this might be different if we are losing, then I understand if you dont mention the scores lol
thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

good bit of feedback too, i can definitely do that. i will also do a few more time stamp mentions as well as scores to help.

the more info i can offer up the better no doubt.

Was what we were doing in order to sync vision to audio working ok for everyone?
Worked perfectly, liked the odd update on the time, jsut not after goals as the clock was stopped when you'd mention it lol

Was frustrating not being able to hear the background noise, mainly the umpires whistle, but the commentary made up for it.

PODCAST PSA:

Bad news - There will be no Monday night weekly show for the Brisbane game.

Good news - We are going LIVE next Tuesday night for the full Brisbane game with another in game special kicking off at 6:50pm!

Details next week, can't wait!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back