News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Chuck me under your family unlimited data cap

I already dish out my passwords for kayo to mates .... I’m just a regular mother *in Theresa....

Thanks mate, yeah I meant AFL app. Actually yes I can see replays on the afl.com.au website but not thr AFL app. Wonder why that is. In any case ill unjust use the website. Cheers!
Just go into matches, choose the round and there's a link below the score to watch replay.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210325-133301_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-133301_AFL.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20210325-133309_AFL.jpg
    Screenshot_20210325-133309_AFL.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 23
Just go into matches, choose the round and there's a link below the score to watch replay.
Thanks. It was previously under a video section called "match replay" where you get all matches in 1 easily navigated list, including previous years. Looks like they just don't index the videos there any more.

Kayo's great and very inexpensive. Cut out two pints per month and you've paid for all your live sports on TV including AFL.

Kayo's great and very inexpensive. Cut out two pints per month and you've paid for all your live sports on TV including AFL.

cutting out two pints is an abuse of human rights!

What are you watching that via mate?
PC, mozilla firefox, vertical mouse....yes one of these (but that's another story)
btw, that's my work PC, I do have another PC that's connected to 4K TV when I watch TV/footy in bed.

evoluent_vm4l_left_hand_wired_mouse_ac38611.jpg

PC, mozilla firefox, vertical mouse....yes one of these (but that's another story)
btw, that's my work PC, I do have another PC that's connected to 4K TV when I watch TV/footy in bed.

evoluent_vm4l_left_hand_wired_mouse_ac38611.jpg

Can it air fry too? ;)

Haven't tried it via Apple TV yet, any luck it does work (confidence levels not massively high given it'll be connected to the Samsung TV), but never know.

Not being able to fast forward with vision ain't really a first world problem, but it would be handy particularly when I have a punt on the NBA or NBL in particular and when watching games delayed watch in x2 speed, like I used to do with Foxtel.

Thanks for the info :thumbsu:

Can it air fry too? ;)

Haven't tried it via Apple TV yet, any luck it does work (confidence levels not massively high given it'll be connected to the Samsung TV), but never know.

Not being able to fast forward with vision ain't really a first world problem, but it would be handy particularly when I have a punt on the NBA or NBL in particular and when watching games delayed watch in x2 speed, like I used to do with Foxtel.

Thanks for the info :thumbsu:
foxtel doesn't have split view right ? kayo can show 4 events on one screen but that's bordering on being silly, imo.

I’m over seas , decided to go down the VPN and kayo avenue as it worked out slightly cheaper then watchafl subscription, problem is the video quality is so bad it’s hard to watch. The game won’t even stream for me tonight , I’ve tried on 3-4 different wifis and same issue. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me what the stream quality on watchafl is like ? As I’ll most likely move across

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone finding Kayo stream quality to be s**t this year?? Watching on my 4K tv last Thursday and this Thursday it continuously switches between HD and really blurry. Net connection at stable 45 mbps minimum.
Wondering if it’s servers are struggling to keep up with demand??

Anyone finding Kayo stream quality to be sh*t this year?? Watching on my 4K tv last Thursday and this Thursday it continuously switches between HD and really blurry. Net connection at stable 45 mbps minimum.
absolutely rock solid for me NBN50...never any dropouts...constantly 1080p...never use (cr)app on TV, use an actual PC.

EDIT: and this is with torrent downloading movies in the background ! Just works with PC, real cable, none of this mobile, wifi, 3rd party app nonsense.

Last edited:
I’m over seas , decided to go down the VPN and kayo avenue as it worked out slightly cheaper then watchafl subscription, problem is the video quality is so bad it’s hard to watch. The game won’t even stream for me tonight , I’ve tried on 3-4 different wifis and same issue. I’m wondering if anyone can tell me what the stream quality on watchafl is like ? As I’ll most likely move across
wifi ? don't like actual ethernet cable ?
(anyway, at least you've confirmed that kayo + VPN overseas actually works! ppl would be interested in reading that)

I'm overseas as well and watchfafl is brilliant.
You can pick up a subscription for around $180 for the season if you go through a club, so
If you're only interested in the footy, it's a no-brainer.

Honestly, why would you want to mess around with VPN's etc?

Edit: If you want to try it, you can purchase a weekly subscription for about $20.

wifi ? don't like actual ethernet cable ?
(anyway, at least you've confirmed that kayo + VPN overseas actually works! ppl would be interested in reading that)
The trouble I found, is that it might work for a week or so and then it gets geoblocked by Kayo.

Then it takes a while for the VPN provider to get around it.

Honestly, if you only want the footy and you're overseas, watchful is very good.

I ran Kayo with a vpn last year and the quality was atrocious. Switched across to watchafl this year because the vpn's I had been using for Kayo were continually getting blocked. Quality of watchafl so far has been great, no buffering and no reversion to lower frame rate like what occurs with Kayo.

If you do go to watchafl, sign up via global membership with a footy club. Think it shaved about $50 aud off the season pass that is direct through watchafl.

Anyone finding Kayo stream quality to be sh*t this year?? Watching on my 4K tv last Thursday and this Thursday it continuously switches between HD and really blurry. Net connection at stable 45 mbps minimum.

No, I am finding the opposite, the streaming is better quality this year.

here's a rare ongoing deal: (for plus reward, whatever TF that is...)

Terms and Conditions
Available to +Rewards members only, who sign up to Kayo using unique code from +Rewards. One redemption per customer account. Must redeem by 30 September 2021, unless extended. Discount calculated as of 12 August 2020, and is based on 12 months of Kayo Basic at $25/mth. Kayo Basic Annual Subscription auto-renews after 12 months at $200, unless you cancel prior to renewal date. Cancellation effective at the end of your 12 month subscription. No refunds or credits will be given for partial months or years. Not available in conjunction with any other offer or via third party sign-ups. Requires internet & compatible device. Data charges may apply.

So yes it will auto renew after 12 months like all other "discounts"...but it auto renews at $200, not $300 (25 x 12)

In positive news, this may fix up that problem everyone had of wanting to watch the grand final without an antenna last season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back