News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
So, the AFL, has just scrapped live pass, with Telstra sending out emails saying to stream live games you now need to pay for Kayo...thanks very much.

Attachments

• F7FB57DC-68A8-4A59-A135-7BCFFECB5ADB.png
    F7FB57DC-68A8-4A59-A135-7BCFFECB5ADB.png
    72.9 KB · Views: 663
They had a big announcement today with video hook ups etc.

Sounds like Kayo was successful so they are replacing the existing system. It’s all Foxtel.

Press Release attached

Attachments

• PRESS Release Telstra delivers giant leap forward for sports streaming with Kayo 020221.pdf
    171.3 KB · Views: 188
So, the AFL, has just scrapped live pass, with Telstra sending out emails saying to stream live games you now need to pay for Kayo...thanks very much.

bugger

looks like I will have to do what I said I'd never do............and pay for it

So the first year costs 60 bucks where it was, what, $90 before, then the second year it goes to 300 bucks, if they leave it at the current price?

So much extra value....

but if you buy a premium pass which then means 3 homes can access . $35 per months /3 is $11.67 per month and you get all of kayo not just AFL

Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Which doesn't help me at all. Going to make it much harder to watch football away from home.
Im in the Middle East I was going to see if I could stream Live Pass AFL games via WIFI over here, not sure what I'ii be doing now? Maybe no AFL games attended or watched for 2021 for me!

Im in the Middle East I was going to see if I could stream Live Pass AFL games via WIFI over here, not sure what I'ii be doing now? Maybe no AFL games attended or watched for 2021 for me!
Live Pass was only in Australia but you can watch AFL games overseas through another platform but you have to pay for it

Live Pass was only in Australia but you can watch AFL games overseas through another platform but you have to pay for it
Yeh Ive just found out how to watch it in the Middle East;

It appears I have to pay $199 to watch AFL this year from the ME but I can only watch it on my mobile phone. With the different time zones, I'ii just try and watch the game highlights via the AFL app instead.

Feb 28, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
It appears I have to pay $199 to watch AFL this year from the ME but I can only watch it on my mobile phone. With the different time zones, I'ii just try and watch the game highlights via the AFL app instead.

The subscription fee doesn't even bother me. It is the data usage that does as you need a huge amount of data to watch AFL on a phone or tablet.

Back