News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will you spend more than $201 at the pub? I know I would in one session

$25 a month to non telstra customers which makes $300 a year. No I don't go down to the pub often. Previously I've just gone to mates houses or watched with the family at home. Now, I'll head down to the pub and enjoy a meal and have a couple of beers while I watch. Might be a good opportunity to get out more. I don't like many other sports so just disappointing that I would have to pay x 2.5 the price to see the footy.

Just a money grab no matter what way you want to spin it

well i checked the FAQ and it says you need internet connection of steady 7.5 Mbps...this tells me it's around 1080p quality...also it says no VPN is allowed but I think it's just a furphy like Kayo..as I use VPN with Kayo no probs at all

Do you get dropouts ? or rock solid viewing...Appreciate the info btw, cam on !!!

EDIT: don't diss vietnam internet speed...I recall reading recently....internet speed in Vietnam was better than Australia, kid you not !!!

there...2020 ranking: way to go NBN!!!

23px-Flag_of_Vietnam.svg.png
Vietnam
23px-Flag_of_Australia_%28converted%29.svg.png
Australia

2021: gap has widen!!!

Speed in vietnam is very good so no dropouts. Only time watchafl has issues it is when there are issues withi international cable connections.

I just got 17 down and 12 up on an internal speed test, i was a bit suprised it was that low.

Actually existing Telstra customers are paying $15 discounted from $25.

And now it’s $5? So you have to cancel and apply again?

These are the things which trigger you about streaming, the chopping and changing, particularly where Telstra and Foxtel get involved

Last edited:
doesn't affect me personally, but this is a bit of a dog act from the Telstra and AFL.
Some people only signed up to telstra for the live pass, now not getting what they paid for....unless they fork over more money now for a 'discounted' price.
It was always going to go this way eventually, but for the AFL to drop this on the on some of the fans who might've be genuinely relying on it mid-pandemic (or throughout the next lockdown), after so many fans have lost income and are struggling in all sorts of other ways is actually pretty distasteful....
not that I expect anything less from either organisation who both treat their customers/fans as if they are complete idiots at the best of times.

doesn't affect me personally, but this is a bit of a dog act from the Telstra and AFL.
Some people only signed up to telstra for the live pass, now not getting what they paid for....unless they fork over more money now for a 'discounted' price.
It was always going to go this way eventually, but for the AFL to drop this on the on some of the fans who might've be genuinely relying on it mid-pandemic (or throughout the next lockdown), after so many fans have lost income and are struggling in all sorts of other ways is actually pretty distasteful....
not that I expect anything less from either organisation who both treat their customers/fans as if they are complete idiots at the best of times.

Telstra gonna Telstra

just keep in mind the thread title Live Pass

Live Pass

Live Pass

Live Pass

the $5 deal (aka $20 off of 25) is for customers who have already taken out a Live Pass deal (by a certain date).

for the last time,

it's for Live Pass customers.

====================================================================
Live App itself is still alive and provided by Telstra

I posted this in the Richmond board but FYI, you can read it here:

ok so far we know Live Pass is being killed off...what about Live App itself ?

TELSTRA cuts free streaming for AFL and NRL Fans and launches new partnership with KAYO SPORTS | TV Blackbox
The new streaming plan via Kayo will replace the existing Telstra Live Pass subscription plans for the AFL Live App and NRL Official App which the telco had previously provided free to eligible mobile customers.

down at the very bottom

"The AFL Live App and NRL Official App will remain powered by Telstra, and still be the home of all the other features subscribers know and love, including match replays, live scores, highlights, stats, and other great features on the AFL, AFLW and NRL apps."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know how many devices one can use to watch live games from the one subscription?

For example, do I pay once and can watch using my TV, phone AND laptop? Or is each one a subscription?

Does anyone know how many devices one can use to watch live games from the one subscription?

For example, do I pay once and can watch using my TV, phone AND laptop? Or is each one a subscription?
2 streams at once on the basic plan, 3 on the premium $35 plan, don't think there's a limit on how many devices you can register.

2 streams at once on the basic plan, 3 on the premium $35 plan, don't think there's a limit on how many devices you can register.

Thanks. So if that's the case, I can have one subscription with 3 devices registered on the basic plan.

I'll check it out later when I get a moment.

Thanks. So if that's the case, I can have one subscription with 3 devices registered on the basic plan.

I'll check it out later when I get a moment.
I don't think you even need to register the devices. You can just log in.

$25 a month to non telstra customers which makes $300 a year. No I don't go down to the pub often. Previously I've just gone to mates houses or watched with the family at home. Now, I'll head down to the pub and enjoy a meal and have a couple of beers while I watch. Might be a good opportunity to get out more. I don't like many other sports so just disappointing that I would have to pay x 2.5 the price to see the footy.

Just a money grab no matter what way you want to spin it
Footy season only runs for 6 months. Do you really spend the other 6 months watching replays?

I have both watchful and Kayo that I use in Thailand.

Watchafl is great.
Don't need a vpn and you get Fox Footy shows as well.
Also only one hour behind Perth so pretty good start times.

Kayo cost me about $40 per month including a vpn.
I only use if for cricket so you only have to subscribe monthly.

Kayo is awkward sometimes at they keeping trying to geoblock Vpns. So sometimes have to mess around changing servers or clearing the cache on my Tv.
So it's not as reliable as watchful.

I wish CA did something like watchful but they're probably protecting the overseas channels that purchased the rights.

Either way, I'm happy to have both.

My Kayo has stoped working for the past 5 days. Bloody annoying. Using expressvpn. Any tips?

Also tried cleaning the cache on the Samsung tv etc.

My Kayo has stoped working for the past 5 days. Bloody annoying. Using expressvpn. Any tips?

Also tried cleaning the cache on the Samsung tv etc.
I noticed that a little while ago...seems they changed the login screen, try here:

there should be a very faint (obviously someone's bright idea) Sign in in the top right corner.

Minor issue for me is can't watch e.g. Grand Final replays and Classic matches via the Kayo app on my Samsung TV, can only watch via the in built internet.

Major issue for me is if I'm forced to watch Channel 7 free to air coverage, and ads. Grinds my gears.

I got rid of Foxtel because it was a waste of money for someone who pretty much watches limited sport (by that I mean limited forms of sport, e.g. AFL, NRL, NBA, racing), offset by having to endure channel 7 free to air coverage on Kayo.

The issue for me isn't the dollars, it is about taking away the game from the poor and ordinary. If the wealthy and stupid (those who really can't afford it) subscribe, then FTA and affordable access is gone.

I feel quite strongly that water, air, education, medical and gatherings of social importance/ culture are readily available for all. F' Kayo, F' Foxtel and F' $1m pay packets.
you didn't name your son after Karl Marx by any chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back