News Live Pass scrapped - Kayo now sole streaming option.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey mate, invest in a VPN if you want to watch AFL in the middle east. A VPN and Kayo does this trick, spent the majority of last year over there.

EDIT: I have just read above that Kayo have disallowed using VPN's? Not sure what you can do in this case.
Thanks, mate, I've bought an International Roo's membership which provides me full access to all AFL games through WatchAFL for 2021. I'm also able to watch all games back to 2017 so between that, my ability to watch any 2021 AFL games I'm set whist sitting over here in Israel.

If Kayo provided extra options such as nominating a single sport and made it much (much!) cheaper than 25/month, that would make more sense. As much as Kayo let's you watch most sports, I only want to watch afl and I don't want to fill my days watching extra sports just to justify it.

On RMX2001 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can see why that would suit people who only want to watch AFL, and why Kayo wouldn't really want to do it. But as someone who is happy to watch a few of the other sports on there, it's good value for me.

As an aside, I see that Disney Plus now has the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries on their new Star section that was added to their service yesterday.

I'll stick with Foxtel for now and just have the Sports package added for the length of the AFL / F1 seasons, $25 per same as Kayo.

I have my phone with Boost, 12 month pre-paid, $240 for 300gb. Not worth going back to Telstra to save on Kayo for a limited time.

Last edited:

If Kayo provided extra options such as nominating a single sport and made it much (much!) cheaper than 25/month, that would make more sense. As much as Kayo let's you watch most sports, I only want to watch afl and I don't want to fill my days watching extra sports just to justify it.

I always said if Foxtel spun off sports onto its own platform I'd subscribe. They've done that and I've subscribed. There's no chance of them offering individual sports as that makes no sense. The only way you'd get standalone AFL is if the AFL decided to do a UFC and stream their own product, which looks unlikely to happen, at least in the next few years.

Guys sorry if this has been covered, I’m overseas and don’t know how to watch now , I’m a simple man . Usually I go down the VPN with an AFL app to watch or even VPN with kayo . From what I’m reading that’s out the door so I’m lost on what to do . Any help would be much appreciated

Guys sorry if this has been covered, I’m overseas and don’t know how to watch now , I’m a simple man . Usually I go down the VPN with an AFL app to watch or even VPN with kayo . From what I’m reading that’s out the door so I’m lost on what to do . Any help would be much appreciated
since you're overseas, watchafl should work by default, no VPN reqd, don't think it goes up to 1080p if you're particular about resolution.

If you prefer Kayo, then must have VPN to connect to an Aussie server. Officially Kayo says you have to disable your VPN but I can confirm that it does work with VPN (right this second), But I'm in Aust, You need to ask someone overseas to test if it still works with VPN after recent changes (there are a couple of posters on here that could help out). Good luck.

I'm not quite 1000 % sure what the issue is with VPN + Kayo, just had someone asked me about it privately so did some quick tests:

(in a previous post I advised you may need to set your browser to incognito mode, however, these tests below on my main PC did NOT need incognito mode)

connect to US...works
Bahamas...works
Algeria...works
(Aust works by default)

So have they relaxed rules for non-Aussies ? who knows.

==========================================
On my 'other' pc, it only works if i disable VPN first, login to Kayo, start watching, then reenable VPN, slight annoyance with this is that sometimes it hangs, very rarely, then i simply disable VPN, hit play in kayo again, then reenable VPN again.

I'll stress again, I'm in Aust, these tests do not confirm anything for ppl physically overseas.

(test below connected to UAE)
UAE.jpg

Last edited:

(i use PIA...so all youse fu**s out there....DON'T use PIA, F off !!!)
I'm overseas and have tried different vpn's from the cheapies to the expensive ones and have found that
eventually, they all get blocked. Well mine have anyway. I know you can esculate the issues with the vpn provider
but I was getting sick of waiting.

I eventually subscribed to a good IPTV which is half of what I was paying for Kayo and Expressvpn.

I only use it for cricket anyway and use watchafl for the footy which is great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

about NordVPN:
It’s the most reliable at unblocking popular streaming services too – US Netflix, Hulu, Disney+, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Amazon Prime Video, etc. This is because NordVPN hired full-time technical team (that’s responsible for monitoring its servers connections with popular TV streaming services) and has been aggressively investing in its network of IP addresses in key locations.

at bottom: (while article is about Netflix...i think you can extrapolate to Kayo too)
Which VPNs are blocked by Netflix?
  • IPVanish
  • PureVPN
  • Buffered
  • Hola
  • TunnelBear
  • HideMyAss!
  • GetFlix
  • OperaVPN
  • Unlocator
  • VPN Unlimited
  • VyprVPN
  • Windscribe
  • Zenmate

I'm overseas and have tried different vpn's from the cheapies to the expensive ones and have found that
eventually, they all get blocked. Well mine have anyway. I know you can esculate the issues with the vpn provider
but I was getting sick of waiting.

I eventually subscribed to a good IPTV which is half of what I was paying for Kayo and Expressvpn.

I only use it for cricket anyway and use watchafl for the footy which is great.

you can roll your own pretty easily, it wont get blocked because the IP Range will be too small to be picked up

Yeh Ive just found out how to watch it in the Middle East;

It appears I have to pay $199 to watch AFL this year from the ME but I can only watch it on my mobile phone. With the different time zones, I'ii just try and watch the game highlights via the AFL app instead.

Back pre-pandemic when I was overseas I would just watch Kayo through a VPN.

I used to used the watchafl, but it is not cheap and back then I often has free Kayo,

Back pre-pandemic when I was overseas I would just watch Kayo through a VPN.

I used to used the watchafl, but it is not cheap and back then I often has free Kayo,
Ive got foxtel back in Australia but even with a VPN set to an Australian VPN location, Foxtel blocks me as it realises im using a VPN to mask my true location.

Ive bought an International Roos membership which is providing me all of my AFL games for 2021.

Just signed up to Kayo free trial as have been wanting to switch from Foxtel for a while as only watch sport on it. Really really wanted to like it and do love all the extra content at your fingertips however the quality of the vision for live games just isn’t great. When the players aren’t moving and it’s a close up it looks fine however a long shot when ball is kicked just isn’t as sharp as Foxtel. I’m on 90mbps so it’s not my connection, I don’t have a 4K tv so maybe that’s the issue, whatever it is it’s back to Foxtel for me.

you might as well try the Freebie, test out your configurations and decide for yourself...

(those America's Cup yachts look like spaceships now!)
Photosport_TeamNZ_TeamUK_1120.jpg

Can the discounted Kayo from Telstra deal be added to existing Kayo acccounta? Showing my age but can’t seem to get it working

Can the discounted Kayo from Telstra deal be added to existing Kayo acccounta? Showing my age but can’t seem to get it working
that's what i did.

I had a $25/mth with Kayo, didn't know aything about Telstra discount.

Once found out, I cancelled kayo, you still have kayo access til the end of the month's cycle.

Then on Telstra end, (obviously you must be a Telstra customer, what they call "postpaid", in my case my NBN internet is with Telstra) I added Kayo subscription to my internet package at the discount rate, $15/mth. Sort this out first.

kayo.jpg

Then back on kayo, using the same deactivated account, reactivate it, now an option to pay with Telstra will appear, do not reactivate with your old credit card whatever (at $25/mth). It's quite painless if you sort out Telstra end first.

other posters mentioned they have Boost account and they got the discount too.

Last edited:
$25 a month to watch all the games and have them available to watch on replay is worth the money.

Never had an issue with it and the fact I can cancel whenever I want or join up again when I want with no penalties is great.

$25 a month to watch all the games and have them available to watch on replay is worth the money.

Never had an issue with it and the fact I can cancel whenever I want or join up again when I want with no penalties is great.
yeah i'd say it's 8 footy months per year counting nob cup and national draft after the GF, so 25 x 8 = $200. Hibernate it, reactivate it...easy.

(+ UFC, except PPV when there's no footy)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back