Confirmed Live Trade 12: Collingwood #63 and 2019 Round 5 to Hawthorn for 2019 4th round

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mkcaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I thought you couldn't trade out future picks if you've already traded out your future first.
So shouldn't this trade have been not allowed based on my understanding of the rule?

Moeydw

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers, Perth Scorchers
I thought you couldn't trade out future picks if you've already traded out your future first.
So shouldn't this trade have been not allowed based on my understanding of the rule?
I think you can if you ask permission from the afl. IIRC Geelong and Hawthorn have done this also.

Mkcaptain

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
I think you can if you ask permission from the afl. IIRC Geelong and Hawthorn have done this also.
FoxFooty must have had it wrong. This is what they said a few days before the draft

"Foxfooty.com.au can reveal Collingwood and Essendon, who both currently don’t hold first-round picks for the 2019 draft, will not be permitted to trade any future selections at this week’s draft, unless they receive a 2019 first-rounder back from a rival club"

Barlow#14

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
FoxFooty must have had it wrong. This is what they said a few days before the draft

"Foxfooty.com.au can reveal Collingwood and Essendon, who both currently don’t hold first-round picks for the 2019 draft, will not be permitted to trade any future selections at this week’s draft, unless they receive a 2019 first-rounder back from a rival club"
But unlike Collingwood and Essendon, Hawthorn hold the 2019 1st. So therefore are allowed to trade.

Mitchell54

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens

Collingwood are allowed to do it because they are upgrading their future pick from a 5th round to the 4th round and that is allowed.

TradeDraft

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Collingwood

We did not trade OUR Future Pick which we are not allowed to but could use this year picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell54

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sixers, Exers, GWS Womens
Did Hawks use pick 63? This is a decent upgrade by the Pies considering they got the 2 NGAs and had no use for pick 63.
We used Pick 63 on Mathew Walker, the Giants academy player.

Think this was a very beneficial trade for both clubs.

Top Bottom