Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

VictorianCrow85

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I do wonder if Adelaide will keep our pick or try it for Rankine or Lukosius ?

You can fault Carlton and SOS for doing tbr trade, but can you fault them for trying to have ambitions or expectation of organic growth/improvement this season ?

Best of luck to The Crows going forwards, but SOS's logic of doing the trade at the time did make sense to me, its not like he could have forseen Docherty doing his knee again.

Also to my fellow Blues Brethren, stop trying to overhype Stocker. Let the kid find his own feet in the game.

Comparing him to a gun in Beam is just bollocks
I'd be taking the pick as we have a chance to get the others back next year anyway, well depends what pick it ends up being

Dank Academy

All Australian
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide

You can fault Carlton and SOS for doing tbr trade, but can you fault them for trying to have ambitions or expectation of organic growth/improvement this season ?

Best of luck to The Crows going forwards, but SOS's logic of doing the trade at the time did make sense to me, its not like he could have forseen Docherty doing his knee again.

Also to my fellow Blues Brethren, stop trying to overhype Stocker. Let the kid find his own feet in the game.

This is about as accurate a post as I've seen on the issue.

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
I usually don’t have a problem with comparing young players to established players, just not after 2 games.

As I said, I hope he makes it. Nobody wants to see a persons dream not be achieved. You are way too emotional about this

Are you going to sook every time Stocker has a good game?

Clearly Stocker has traits which can be compared with other players, but I suppose we need to just accept that crow fans will throw their toys out the cot everytime we mention it.

Here... I’m sorry Stocker reminds me of no one.

Happy?

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Saying that you see a certain type of player in another player is overhyping?

Based on what? Your knowledge of the draft class?
Early days to judge the 2018 crop, but I doubt many would have Stocker ahead of Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee, King brothers & the rest of the top 10 for that matter... but that's no disgrace given the talent of this crop.

Imo Stocker looks a solid prospect, but I doubt he will end up being a top 10 player nor would many in the know rate him in the top 10, let alone top 5.

Last edited:

If we have a top #2 pick, my preference would be to draft 1 of the gun midfielders on offer & look to trade in Rankine at the end of his contract.

Drewie11

Premium Platinum
Oct 15, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are you going to sook every time Stocker has a good game?

Clearly Stocker has traits which can be compared with other players, but I suppose we need to just accept that crow fans will throw their toys out the cot everytime we mention it.

Here... I’m sorry Stocker reminds me of no one.

Happy?

Okay then, his first game reminded me of Boekhurst? Happy?

Just let him play

Can see what he is like after 2 or 3 years when he is fully developed.

Peel67skin

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Early days to judge the 2018 crop, but I doubt many would have Stocker ahead of Walsh, Lukosius, Rankine, Rozee, King brothers & the rest of the top 10 for that matter... but that's no disgrace given the talent of this crop.

Imo Stocker looks a solid prospect, but I doubt he will end up being a top 10 player nor would many in the know rate him in the top 10, let alone top 5.
If top 10 they pick dow and O Brian . They could end up picking Patrick Cripps and Charlie Curnow with pick 10+ this year.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker

Cant fault the balls.

Can fault the overconfidence and clear cockiness in the deal though.

"What if we finish above Adelaide" was my personal favourite.

Kreuuuzeurns

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 25, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Cant fault the balls.

Can fault the overconfidence and clear cockiness in the deal though.

"What if we finish above Adelaide" was my personal favourite.

Nothing cocky about the deal at all. We could just as easily have had 3-4 wins and it wouldn’t look half as bad. It’s a shame we don’t but there’s still plenty of opportunities left to get away from the bottom.

And it’s not as if he could’ve predicted Docherty doing a knee again. Massive loss.

Nah, we get 2 for the price of 1. We don't need to keep collecting #1 draft picks.

I don't think any team is arrogant enough to say no to elite talent. Are you saying the Blues wouldn't want a Cam Rayner? a McGRath/Taranto/McCluggage?

Had a pretty good all round game yesterday. Equal team leader for inside 50's off a HBF, no wonder the Tigers were so filthy about missing out on him.

We prefer to find our role players in the later rounds and the rookie draft thanks Sin :)

(or in Stack's case... for free)

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Nothing cocky about the deal at all. We could just as easily have had 3-4 wins and it wouldn’t look half as bad. It’s a shame we don’t but there’s still plenty of opportunities left to get away from the bottom.

And it’s not as if he could’ve predicted Docherty doing a knee again. Massive loss.

The look on the faces of your recruitment staff when they did the deal and subsequent public responses tell a different story.

We weren't dumb enough to mouth off before the season even began.

I don't think any team is arrogant enough to say no to elite talent. Are you saying the Blues wouldn't want a Cam Rayner? a McGRath/Taranto/McCluggage?

We prefer to find our role players in the later rounds and the rookie draft thanks Sin :)

(or in Stack's case... for free)

You're being disingenuous. We think he will be more than a role player.

We will try to trade our first pick anyway.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams

"we will trade our first pick anyway" is what I keep hearing.
So wouldnt that be worth more if it was 1 rather than say 12-14?

Its amazing how many ways blues fans can defend this trade.

The "oh well we didnt want our pick 1 anyway" is the best of them.

Not sure what type of player you think Blues fans think they can get for pick 16 (as it stands) especially when you'll either have a coach with a woeful record or a brand new incumbent.

Not to mention you will be in the fight with every other Melbourne club who happens to have shown more on the field and has better picks like St.Kilda, Hawthorn, Melbourne.

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

For pick 1 they would have a great chance of snaring extremely high end talent in a trade. With a teens pick it will be far more limited...unless of course they add in their 2020 1st:D

May 29, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
He's alright. I was baiting them, he was just having a bit of banter in response.

I agree with you though, Stocker does everything very well. Needs a lot of work in his tank though.

Dec 7, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers

More accurately its "we dont need anymore 18 year olds anyway" which is technically true.

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton

Stocker has shown more than say McHenry and Jones from last years draft so not sure why you are making out like we are upset with this deal? Great deal for the blues. Looks like a high end talent and with another to come at this years draft, looks like great list management.

ft2010sc

Debutant
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
This is in no way a slur on Stocker who looks a very good player, but Matt Rowell can be a generational player. He is the best junior I have ever seen. He has no weaknesses and he has just (if the season continues like this for Carlton) been handed on a platter to the Crows. I am not sure if SOS over-rated 2019 Carlton, Stocker or both. The Blues had better hope the team picks up some places on the ladder to absolve themselves of one of great mistakes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure what type of player you think Blues fans think they can get for pick 16 (as it stands) especially when you'll either have a coach with a woeful record or a brand new incumbent.

Not to mention you will be in the fight with every other Melbourne club who happens to have shown more on the field and has better picks like St.Kilda, Hawthorn, Melbourne.

Setterfield and McGovern could see the talent we are amassing. Shiel was very close. We will be fine. We can use our 2020 1st pick in a trade as well.

Back