Traded 2018 Live Trade: Carlton trade #4 (2019) to Adelaide for #19 (2018) and #9 (2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m convinced

Except I’m not, wasn’t this supposed to happen 10 years ago after 3 consecutive number 1 picks and one of the top 3 players in the game came into the team?
I love this argument lol

Well I cant see Essendon winning a final this year, you have tried to win finals every year for the past 17 years and how has that worked out for you so far?

I love this argument lol

Well I cant see Essendon winning a final this year, you have tried to win finals every year for the past 17 years and how has that worked out for you so far?
People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones oh that’s right u win spoons over and over again. I love that all other teams supporters really dislike Carlton supporters as much as us 😁

This thread has become very circular, there's precious little left to it aside from trolling. Time to give it a rest, at least until the rest of the picks are used or traded.

If you have a comment to make about Liam Stocker's performance from one week to the next, his thread is still open. Please keep it on topic if you choose to post there.

Now that all picks concerned are locked in we will re-open this thread.

Please do not take this as an opportunity to resume trolling.

We will not hesitate to infract or thread ban those who do not heed this warning.

The trade has ended up as follows

Carlton receive:
Pick 19 in the 2018 draft
Pick 8 in the 2019 draft

Adelaide receive:
Pick 3 in the 2019 draft

Was the other pick involved for Gibbs? I thought Carlton gave a second too.

Priority picks could furthermore alter this but at one point being so mad at this trade mid season I have turned and it is a win / win now for both clubs IMO which could well have been a disaster for us earlier on.

Keeping the Crows getting a Top 2 pick where both standout youngsters are makes that #3 selection as it stands now a bit hit and miss as this draft class is very even after Rowell and Anderson go at 1 and 2.

Priority picks could furthermore alter this but at one point being so mad at this trade mid season I have turned and it is a win / win now for both clubs IMO which could well have been a disaster for us earlier on.

Keeping the Crows getting a Top 2 pick where both standout youngsters are makes that #3 selection as it stands now a bit hit and miss as this draft class is very even after Rowell and Anderson go at 1 and 2.
Agree with this, 2 was infinitely more valuable than 3 or maybe 4.

But in the end we'll only really know in 5 years or so...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No winners yet will be decided when we see the players play. You have to ask yourself would you trade pick 19 and 8 for pick 3.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Worked out well for both sides in pure value, hope Stocker lives up to what Carlton thought they were getting. I'm guessing Adelaide trade back from 3 to the pick 8 region anyway to pick up one of the SA kids, but with some nice extra picks for their trouble.

You have to ask yourself would you trade pick 19 and 8 for pick 3.
Seeing as GWS once traded 3 and 17 for pick 2, then yes it's good value. But this draft is supposed to be quite even after the first two picks, so maybe trading up isn't so pricey this year. I wonder whom Adelaide would have picked with the Stocker selection anyway. McLennan?

Seeing as GWS once traded 3 and 17 for pick 2, then yes it's good value. But this draft is supposed to be quite even after the first two picks, so maybe trading up isn't so pricey this year. I wonder whom Adelaide would have picked with the Stocker selection anyway. McLennan?

This is why it is always hard to value trades correctly.

Who would Adelaide have selected with pick 19?
Who would Carlton select with Pick 3 this year?
Who would Adelaide have picked with Pick 8 this year?

End of the day, the trades are always based on who each club selects instead.

Draft seems a bit of a lottery after Rowell/Anderson/Green.

Lots of high risk/high reward prospects in the first round, and quite mid-sized defenders that’ll probably hold no interest to either club.

You have to ask yourself would you trade pick 19 and 8 for pick 3.
No, you have to ask would you give up a pick in a super draft you had in real time on opening night to simply swap first rounders the following year and give up that opportunity to get a talented youngster in straight away into your development system ?
Most times I would hope my club is stocking up on youngsters as soon as possible if my club list is on the old side...

Draft seems a bit of a lottery after Rowell/Anderson/Green.

Lots of high risk/high reward prospects in the first round, and quite mid-sized defenders that’ll probably hold no interest to either club.
Havent heard Greens name mentioned much (I dont follow the draft other than major headlines).

If its a clear top 3 and no PP, you'd have to say pick 3 is more valuable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back