Traded Live trade: North Melbourne trade #48 and F3 (WB) to Collingwood for #36

Remove this Banner Ad

Did this happen before the Darcy bid, as Collingwood had 48 at the start of the night, and I have WB adding 1 pick and eliminating 5 with its matching bid for Darcy?

Did this happen before the Darcy bid, as Collingwood had 48 at the start of the night, and I have WB adding 1 pick and eliminating 5 with its matching bid for Darcy?
After, but before Daicos. Or at least on the coverage they put it up on the display when there was 1 minute 43 left on the clock for Gold Coast's pick after Callaghan was taken by GWS.

After, but before Daicos. Or at least on the coverage they put it up on the display when there was 1 minute 43 left on the clock for Gold Coast's pick after Callaghan was taken by GWS.
If that is the case, then wasn't 48 really, 48+1-5 = 44?

* pick 2 added and picks 34,43,42,44 and 45 eliminated with the bid for Darcy.

I dunno anymore at this point. All I know is I was way behind last night with trying to enter bid matches and took photos of the TV when trades went through so I could catch up.

We did an initial trade with Bulldogs and got pick 52 in that. Then, after Bulldogs matched the Darcy bid, pick 52 came into pick 48. That pick 48 then went to Collingwood.

We did an initial trade with Bulldogs and got pick 52 in that. Then, after Bulldogs matched the Darcy bid, pick 52 came into pick 48. That pick 48 then went to Collingwood.
Collingwood started with 36, 38, 40, 46, 48, 58

So the 36 you trade in from them, would have been the starting pick 36, as 32 WB got from Geelong trade, must have been traded to North before the Darcy bid.

+ 2 inserted with bid for Darcy
- 34 eliminated by Darcy bid

Collingwood started with 36, 38, 40, 46, 48, 58

So the 36 you trade in from them, would have been the starting pick 36, as 32 WB got from Geelong trade, must have been traded to North before the Darcy bid.

+ 2 inserted with bid for Darcy
- 34 eliminated by Darcy bid
Not sure about that part, but we traded with the Bulldogs before the Darcy bid, then traded with Collingwood after the Darcy bid but before the Daicos bid.

Don’t like this trade
Ended up Draper and a future 3rd for Bergman
I think the trade was fine at the time, but it seems a waste in retrospect as we possibly could have got Bergman with our original pick.
Apparently four clubs came for this pick as live trades (presumably to get Howes or Taylor). I think we should have taken the best offer, likely a middling future second, and hoped Bergman would still be available later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back